ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2630 of 2693
« First < 1630213025302580262026262627262826292630 263126322633263426402680 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Bowser 11:15 AM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
10 years ago I would have killed for a Peyton Manning on my team. Now we have a QB head and shoulders above him.

It's unbelievable.
And getting above Peyton's head is no small feat, either!
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:21 AM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
what a shot

Should be the new Jordan silhouette for the NFL and beyond
[Reply]
Mecca 11:23 AM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
I believe that the Patriots dynasty never had to win back to back road games to get to the SB, never made it to the SB as the #3 seed and below. Chiefs beat the #2 and then the #1. If they win it all this season, the only question will be about longevity.

Chiefs will have hardest SB path by opposing DVOA (4 games) if they beat SF. pic.twitter.com/kp8Dym8fvG

— Aaron Schatz 🏈 (@ASchatzNFL) January 29, 2024

[Reply]
suzzer99 12:44 PM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Mahomes broke El Presidente :-)

Some poor woman got rough-sexxed to the hospital last night.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:12 PM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I don’t like QB wins and Super Bowls and am a big fan of using “peak” in GOAT arguments, but Peyton had FIVE MVPs.

Mahomes is still 40,000 and about 300 TDs from matching Manning’s career volume numbers as well.
Funny thing is Peyton was carried by Defense to both of his rings. Very low passer rating by Peyton in both of those Super Bowl runs. Nobody can accuse Mahomes of being carried in his 2 previous championship seasons.

Mahomes played more of the game manager role against Baltimore, though he was spectacular in the first half. He was spectacular in Negative 25 wind chill against Miami. Spectacular again in Buffalo where the Chiefs defense got pushed around for 3 quarters of the game. I suspect the Chiefs will need another great performance from Mahomes to beat the Niners.
[Reply]
frozenchief 01:14 PM 01-29-2024
I know not everybody has a subscription to The Athletic. If you do, though, this article is spot-on:

https://theathletic.com/5234410/2024...mpaign=8890873

Some key quotes:

“Even after the midseason slog and all those drops by his receivers, after he spent weeks biting his tongue in front of the microphones only to finally erupt on the sideline, after his Pro Bowl tight end started showing his age and the pundits started to wonder if the champs still had the mettle to make another playoff run — this one would have to come on the road — one truth remains inevitable: this is still Patrick Mahomes’ league.

“He’s Michael Jordan in his prime, the roadblock so many of his peers can’t find their way around when it matters most. Jordan spent the 1990s crushing the title hopes of his counterparts — Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone — worthy Hall of Famers in their own right. That’s what Mahomes is doing right now, leaving the likes of Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson asking themselves when their time is going to come. And if this guy’s ever going to get out of the way.”

Later in the article:

“He’s 28. He’s already won 14 playoff games, same as Peyton Manning, same as John Elway, same as Terry Bradshaw. That puts him tied for third all-time, behind only Joe Montana (16 wins) and Tom Brady (35). And he’s done this in just six seasons.”

We talk about this being the golden age of Chiefs’ football. Golden is not the right term. I remember going to Arrowhead with my dad as a young lad. Game day you could get lower bowl seats because there were maybe 30,000 people at Arrowhead. We were so bad. I remember my dad calling me in college, ecstatic that the Chiefs had hired Carl Peterson as GM because of what Peterson had done elsewhere. I remember the conversation when Marty was hired, when DT was drafted. I remember the 13-3 seasons that ended in such bitter disappointment. Great defense but mediocre offense. I hate the Broncos with the intensity of a thousand burning suns from watching that cocky son of a bitch Elway pull victory out of his ass against the Chiefs on so many occasions.

I remember the Dick Vermeil years that were just the opposite – great offense but NO defense. Year after year the same thing – good but not great. Solid but not spectacular. We even had that the first few years of Andy’s tenure. Alex could get you to the dance but your partner went home with someone else.
Until April 27, 2017. I had hoped KC would choose him to be QB. I figured he’d be an improvement over Alex. I didn’t know he’d be an improvement over Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, and Dan Marino.

I think about Mahomes and I think about Marino. I remember that Pepsi commercial after SF beat Miami. Marino and Montana are at a Pepsi machine and they talk for a bit. The commercial closes with Marino telling Montana: “next year,” or something like it. Marino’s QB skills were like nothing anybody had ever seen. For pure QB, ability to read the field, feel what was happening, and put the ball right where it needed to be, Marino was a fantastic QB. But he ended his career with 1 SB appearance and that was a loss.
Mahomes got to the right place at the right time. Whatever alchemy Hunt has magically brewed between Veach and Reid, Mahomes was that last ingredient. The article ends with Veach saying, “If we have 15 under center, we have a shot.” And that is absolutely true. Enjoy it and never forget where we came from. Never forget our years kvetching at New England, San Francisco, Dallas, Denver, even Pittsburgh decades ago. Now, we are at the summit and others kvetch at us.

Thank you, Mr. Mahomes.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:16 PM 01-29-2024
Can't believe the Chiefs were a Dee Ford offsides and OT loss from going to 6 straight Super Bowls.

4 in 5 in some Michael Jordan shit
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:20 PM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
4 in 5 in some Michael Jordan shit
Mahomes was "retired" in 2021.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:20 PM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Funny thing is Peyton was carried by Defense to both of his rings. Very low passer rating by Peyton in both of those Super Bowl runs. Nobody can accuse Mahomes of being carried in his 2 previous championship seasons.

Mahomes played more of the game manager role against Baltimore, though he was spectacular in the first half. He was spectacular in Negative 25 wind chill against Miami. Spectacular again in Buffalo where the Chiefs defense got pushed around for 3 quarters of the game. I suspect the Chiefs will need another great performance from Mahomes to beat the Niners.

True. Mahomes is right there with Brady and Montana as the best playoff performers in league history.

Peyton was definitely owed a couple good runs from his defense, though. He probably had worse luck with defenses outside of 06 and 15 than probably Rodgers, Brees and Mahomes, honestly.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:32 PM 01-29-2024
True. Mahomes is right there with Brady and Montana as the best playoff performers in league history.

Peyton was definitely owed a couple good runs from his defense, though. He probably had worse luck with defenses outside of 06 and 15 than probably Rodgers, Brees and Mahomes, honestly.
Rodgers had the worst luck during his prime. Defense gave up like 36ppg in the Playoffs while he was putting strong performances on the board in those years.

Now I think Aaron blew it in those later seasons with Green Bay. Choked on home field against Jimmy G. Failed to get the job done against Tampa when Brady had 3 INT. Aaron had plenty of experience and a solid defense plus home field advantage in both games. He was regular season MVP in both years. Blew it.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:38 PM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Rodgers had the worst luck during his prime. Defense gave up like 36ppg in the Playoffs while he was putting strong performances on the board in those years.
That's a shame
[Reply]
DRM08 01:39 PM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
That's a shame
Lol. Hard to have any sympathy for Aaron, that’s for sure. The guy has poor leadership qualities.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:51 PM 01-29-2024
Mahomes is a Dee Ford offsides from beating 11 of the 15 AFC teams in the playoffs.

Mahomes has now swept two divisions - AFC South and AFC North. Jets, Patriots, Broncos, Chargers, and Raiders remain.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:53 PM 01-29-2024
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

.@PatrickMahomes was pumped UP after his Championship clinching pass to @MVS__11 🔥🗣
@InsideTheNFL pic.twitter.com/952cMGdBbc

— NFL Films (@NFLFilms) January 29, 2024

[Reply]
tk13 04:17 PM 01-29-2024

The 09 team was his biggest missed opportunity for me. Colts had a real shot at 16-0 and gave that up, then they still get to the SB and were right there and Peyton threw the killer INT while they were driving down the field at the end. Probably should have been his crowning moment but instead Brees won it all. He still won 2 titles but they were both seasons where he didn't play great in the playoffs and the defense stepped up.

It's also really funny how Manning, Brady and Rodgers all were great but none of their best regular season teams won it all. 07 Pats, 09 Colts, 11 Packers were all teams that could have gone undefeated and looked unstoppable and none of them won a title.
[Reply]
Page 2630 of 2693
« First < 1630213025302580262026262627262826292630 263126322633263426402680 > Last »
Up