ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1130 of 2693
« First < 13063010301080112011261127112811291130 113111321133113411401180123016302130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
O.city 08:45 AM 10-03-2018
Prefacing this with the fact that he's awesome and I love Pat.

But the Broncos did put some tape on how to slow the offense down. Now the Chiefs and Andy need to counter punch.
[Reply]
Shaid 08:57 AM 10-03-2018
These next two games are a tough test. Honestly, even if we lose them, I think at the start of the season people would have been happy knowing we got through this first 6 weeks at 4-2. Both are games we can win.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:00 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:

But the Broncos did put some tape on how to slow the offense down. Now the Chiefs and Andy need to counter punch.
At the same time, Mahomes/Reid now have the blueprint on what teams will use to try to beat them.

Mahomes can't know just how those overloaded blitzes are going to feel until he actually faces them in a hostile environment. And by the 4th quarter he'd already re-calibrated his internal clock in a big way.

If teams think they're gonna be able to get away with that as well as the Broncos did - good luck to them.

This is going to be like the Second Battle of Ypres. It was the first time the Germans used poisonous gas in WWI and it was horrifyingly effective. So much so that the Germans were actually unprepared to take advantage of it. They didn't press the lines at all. So they killed some guys (mostly Canadians, IIRC) but gained little to no strategic advantage from it at a point in the war where they could've won the damn thing. The Allied's quickly saw what was happening and within months had developed effective countermeasures that at least prevented things from being catastrophic when they were gassed later on.

Well congrats, Donkeys - you gassed him. But you didn't kill him and now he's gonna know what's coming and how to deal with it.

All you've really done is show him his own weaknesses so he can make sure they aren't problems anymore. And you still took the L. Thanks lads.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:04 AM 10-03-2018

The Broncos did well at times, but the Chiefs killed themselves with penalties which ruined a few drives. Robinson was a goddamn disaster last night in the first half.

Let’s review:

Possession 1: FG
Possession 2: they got us on this one. 3 & out
Possession 3: TD
Possession 4: Demarcus Robinson 15 yard face mask penalty forcing 1st and 23. No excuse for that shit. Just a horrible penalty. Forced a punt after 3rd and 20.
HALF
Possession 5: Demarcus Robinson stopped running and dropped a TD pass he should have caught.
Possession 6: Holding on Erving and then false start on Fisher forces 3rd and 17, then a punt.
Possession 7: Mahomes missed pass to Kelce causes punt.

Mainly penalties killed us. That’s whats crazy about what the kid did. Overcoming Erving’s dumbass which caused 2nd and 30 was incredible.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:05 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
At the same time, Mahomes/Reid now have the blueprint on what teams will use to try to beat them.

Mahomes can't know just how those overloaded blitzes are going to feel until he actually faces them in a hostile environment. And by the 4th quarter he'd already re-calibrated his internal clock in a big way.

If teams think they're gonna be able to get away with that as well as the Broncos did - good luck to them.

This is going to be like the Second Battle of Ypres. It was the first time the Germans used poisonous gas in WWI and it was horrifyingly effective. So much so that the Germans were actually unprepared to take advantage of it. They didn't press the lines at all. So they killed some guys (mostly Canadians, IIRC) but gained little to no strategic advantage from it at a point in the war where they could've won the damn thing. The Allied's quickly saw what was happening and within months had developed effective countermeasures that at least prevented things from being catastrophic when they were gassed later on.

Well congrats, Donkeys - you gassed him. But you didn't kill him and now he's gonna know what's coming and how to deal with it.

All you've really done is show him his own weaknesses so he can make sure they aren't problems anymore. And you still took the L. Thanks lads.
Think about all the years he is going to play and step up even more and dice-sect defenses second nature become more dynamic after he sees every defense. 80 touchdowns maybe not out of the question! We have God Incarnate.
[Reply]
Sorce 09:16 AM 10-03-2018

The broncos did a great job of disguising their coverages so what Mahomes thought would be there wasn't. He now has tape to look for other hints and how to quickly recognize and exploit those coverages. Tape works both ways and I think Mahomes will study that and with Andy figure out exactly how to beat it.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:19 AM 10-03-2018

What's amazing when looking back at WW1 and WWII is how many opportunities the Germans had to win both. Usually it was a situation where all Germany had to do was press or keep their advantage (Ypres, Dunkirk, The Russian Oil Fields, not moving their men to Sardinia after Operation Mincemeat, etc).

Sometimes when I teach this in the classroom, it feels like time-traveling intervention that kept Germany from winning WWII (Or Hitler doing a lot a lot of coke - that helped too).
[Reply]
O.city 09:26 AM 10-03-2018

Yeah, they pressure stuff got better, but a lot of that was Pat winning just playing football.

He needs to figure out how to adjust and beat them in the quick game, which he did do quite a bit later.

My biggest worry was how the Broncos man coverage really frustrated the wrs.
[Reply]
ExtremeChief 10:04 AM 10-03-2018
Good Rany article:

https://twitter.com/jazayerli/status...90979828326400
[Reply]
Strongside 10:14 AM 10-03-2018

[Reply]
DRM08 10:17 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by Sorce:
The broncos did a great job of disguising their coverages so what Mahomes thought would be there wasn't. He now has tape to look for other hints and how to quickly recognize and exploit those coverages. Tape works both ways and I think Mahomes will study that and with Andy figure out exactly how to beat it.
Yep, he’s not Brett Favre. I think people underestimate Pat’s intelligence. The film study thing goes in both directions. That said, I think the Jaguars game will be another struggle for the offense. Hopefully they can avoid turnovers once again and find a way to get the job done in the 4th quarter like they did against the Broncos.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:19 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
What's amazing when looking back at WW1 and WWII is how many opportunities the Germans had to win both. Usually it was a situation where all Germany had to do was press or keep their advantage (Ypres, Dunkirk, The Russian Oil Fields, not moving their men to Sardinia after Operation Mincemeat, etc).

Sometimes when I teach this in the classroom, it feels like time-traveling intervention that kept Germany from winning WWII (Or Hitler doing a lot a lot of coke - that helped too).
Why pivot away from Paris at all? The damn war could've been over by Fall of 1914. But by pivoting south/Southeast, they created a gap in their lines that made the Miracle of the Marne possible. The Schlieffen Plan gets excoriated by historians but to my eyes the damn thing worked. The Germans were within a days march of Paris and it had been largely evacuated - take Paris and the War is effectively over (because John French would've gotten the English the hell out of dodge quickly; he wanted no part of a land war on continental Europe). Instead they get sidetracked by a battle they could've easily circled back to clean up and opened up a flank for Joffre to exploit. Suddenly you have the race to the sea, the Schlieffen plan is scrapped and millions of people die for no real reason. Just so very stupid.

I've never had the impression that the Germans should have won WWII; only that they maybe could have. Had Stalingrad not gone sideways on them, I guess it's possible. WWI, OTOH, they should've won 3 or 4 times over. They had every conceivable advantage and just shot themselves in the foot several times.
[Reply]
O.city 10:21 AM 10-03-2018
Why pivot away from Paris at all? The damn war could've been over by Fall of 2014. But by pivoting south/Southeast, they created a gap in their lines that made the Miracle of the Marne possible. The Schlieffen Plan gets excoriated by historians but to my eyes the damn thing worked. The Germans were within a days march of Paris and it had been largely evacuated - take Paris and the War is effectively over (because John French would've gotten the English the hell out of dodge quickly; he wanted no part of a land war on continental Europe). Instead they get sidetracked by a battle they could've easily circled back to clean up and opened up a flank for Joffre to exploit. Suddenly you have the race to the sea, the Schlieffen plan is scrapped and millions of people die for no real reason. Just so very stupid.

I've never had the impression that the Germans should have won WWII; only that they maybe could have. Had Stalingrad not gone sideways on them, I guess it's possible. WWI, OTOH, they should've won 3 or 4 times over. They had every conceivable advantage and just shot themselves in the foot several times.
Jesus I'd hope so
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:23 AM 10-03-2018
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!!!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:23 AM 10-03-2018
Jesus I'd hope so
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 1130 of 2693
« First < 13063010301080112011261127112811291130 113111321133113411401180123016302130 > Last »
Up