ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1558 of 4863
« First < 558105814581508154815541555155615571558 155915601561156215681608165820582558 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TEX 08:45 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
New narrative... sweet.
No, there is truth to it. You're resourceful and I'm quite sure someone with your talents can find plenty of information out there that said Cousins only wanted to play for a contender. If you dig further, you'll find where he didn't like the lack of talent on the Broncos roster. (I'll try and find the tweet from the NFL Reporter early on that stated this) The only reason that Denver was ever mentioned as a possibility was because of what went down with Elway / Manning, so the lazy reporting just ran with the "Cousins to Denver" narrative early on. He was never seriously considering playing there. I don't blame him. Not much to work with and no confidence that there will be anytime soon. :-)
[Reply]
TEX 08:47 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
I haven't watched anything from his time in Houston or STL/LA, but just looking at the box scores, he had some pretty good games in both places. He was just up-and-down.

There's a chance he could be Brock Osweiler 2.0, but there's also a chance that he's just hitting his stride. Brock only started 7 games before he went to Houston, Keenum has started 38.
Keenum is a decent QB who is very smart...He was the perfect college QB. In the NFL he has spot starter or good back-up talent... If you surround him with a lot of talent, he will win games for you. If not, he is prone to force things to try and win games on his own, and he can't. Bottom line is he IS "better" than anything you guys had last year - so that least there is that.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:49 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
No, there is truth to it. You're resourceful and I'm quite sure someone with your talents can find plenty of information out there that said Cousins only wanted to play for a contender. If you dig further, you'll find where he didn't like the lack of talent on the Broncos roster. (I'll try and find the tweet from the NFL Reporter early on that stated this) The only reason that Denver was ever mentioned as a possibility was because of what went down with Elway / Manning, so the lazy reporting just ran with the "Cousins to Denver" narrative early on. He was never seriously considering playing there. I don't blame him. Not much to work with and no confidence that there will be anytime soon. :-)
You're addressing my comment wrong... I was referring to the Henne comparison. I completely understand why Cousins chose MIN and Denver very likely wasn't going to guarantee all that money. Yes, MIN has a stronger team with better success the last two years. You won't get an argument from me there. Suggesting Denver is void of talent or the ability to compete for 10 years, considering they have $25M in space left to make some moves and the draft... that's a bit off in my opinion. Denver can right a lot of wrongs this offseason, and Case can be successful.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:52 AM 03-19-2018
I want to hear kniwmo admit that Minnesota has a nuch stronger roster...
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:56 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
You're going to be waiting forever.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:03 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Pretty much.
Originally Posted by :
Vikings: stud o-line,
Ranking all 32 offensive lines from the 2017 NFL season

22. Minnesota Vikings
23. Denver Broncos

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...017-nfl-season

Denver will do something in the draft to patch this up.

Originally Posted by :
play-making RB

[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 09:10 AM 03-19-2018
Ranking all 32 offensive lines from the 2017 NFL season

22. Minnesota Vikings
23. Denver Broncos

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...017-nfl-season

Denver will do something in the draft to patch this up.

Keesum is going to get killed
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:12 AM 03-19-2018
Minnys OL would be rated higher if Keesum had better awareness...
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:15 AM 03-19-2018
What are the chances Denver trades up to #2 to get in front of the jets and get their guy?

Seems like the giants might be more likely to move to 5 rather than drop a lot further trading with someone like the bills or cardinals. I think the giants should take a qb, but if they don't ...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:18 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
They probably knew they didn't have the team to compete with Minnesota or the cap space to compete with the Jets, but even if they were Cousins' #1 choice I don't think they would've coughed up the money necessary to sign him.
He knows the truth.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:25 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
What are the chances Denver trades up to #2 to get in front of the jets and get their guy?

Seems like the giants might be more likely to move to 5 rather than drop a lot further trading with someone like the bills or cardinals. I think the giants should take a qb, but if they don't ...
I think the whole point of getting Keenum was it allowed them to sit tight at 5 and let the draft come to them. Instead of getting desperate like the Jets/Buffalo.

They do have a couple young guys that could still develop and if they miss out on a QB, Saquon, Chubb, and Nelson are nice consolation prizes.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:32 AM 03-19-2018
Signing Keesum isn't desperate? :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:36 AM 03-19-2018
Keesum joins a team whose starters lost to KCs 3rd string...Dude is coming off getting blown out by middle of the pack defense and a backup QB in the title game...ouch
[Reply]
TEX 09:37 AM 03-19-2018
I think the whole point of getting Keenum was it allowed them to sit tight at 5 and let the draft come to them. Instead of getting desperate like the Jets/Buffalo.

They do have a couple young guys that could still develop and if they miss out on a QB, Saquon, Chubb, and Nelson are nice consolation prizes.
Makes sense.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:54 AM 03-19-2018

Desperate? Other NFL teams are trying to get their QB while Denver sits on their ass with their average retread.

This is the last 20+ years of Chiefs football for you, so get comfortable because Keenum isn’t winning Denver jack shit unless they have a historically great team to carry his ass (not gonna happen).

Keenum had the perfect situation in Minnesota. NFL’s best statistical defense, excellent weapons, top not OC, solid OL and he still sucked. Aside from the fluke Minnesota Miracle, Keenum would have had 0 passing TD’s and 257 yards :-)
Then he got his ass handed to him in Philly the next week.

The fact that Denver chose this path is great news for the entire division bc they will never get to a SB and will be looking to draft a QB in 2 years anyway when they realize Keenum is purgatory.
[Reply]
Page 1558 of 4863
« First < 558105814581508154815541555155615571558 155915601561156215681608165820582558 > Last »
Up