Page 192 of 205
« First < 92142182188189190191192 193194195196202 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
Eureka 08:11 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Are you gender profiling? :-)
Seems I am but since I’m a male I get a pass to talk that way. :-)
eDave 08:21 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It all depends on how long "eventually" actually is. A few more months? Okay. A few more YEARS? Naw, fuck that.
It's always another milestone. AZ has made a dramatic turn around and is now re-opening bars, gyms, and theaters like (but slower than) last time that caused our spike.

We coming out of our summer hibernation's early and will be out with a vengeance with no real change in attitude regarding masks. Mix all of this together, add flu season, a dash of Holidays, and it feels like a powder keg about to go off.

If it doesn't then we've passed a huge stress test.
dirk digler 08:27 AM 08-27-2020
Thanks everyone for hijacking my thread.

Anyway people want to shit on Lebron but it sounds like Kawhi really wanted out but that is probably for different reasons.

Originally Posted by :
LeBron James left an impression among those who attended the meeting that he would prefer to end the season, sources said. Clippers star Kawhi Leonard made it known that he’s all for walking out and returning home, sources said.

BigCatDaddy 08:29 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

Anyway people want to shit on Lebron but it sounds like Kawhi really wanted out but that is probably for different reasons.
Both of those guys are really weird dudes anyways. Neither really needs to be the leader of anything.
FloridaMan88 08:30 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
"At the end of the day, if we're gonna sit here and talk about making change, then at some point we're gonna have to put our nuts on the line and actually put something up to lose, rather than just money or visibility," Toronto Raptors guard Fred VanVleet said Tuesday. "We've gotta take responsibility as well. Like, what are we willing to give up?"
What exactly do they think not playing and canceling the season will accomplish?

Are the NBA players planning to use that time to testify in front of Congress? Develop detailed policy proposals? Lead collaborative efforts with cops/communities regarding training protocols/best practices?

There are known consequences of canceling the season... i.e. the CBA will get terminated, the owners could lockout the players next season due to financial issues, a massive loss of revenue, etc.
BigRedChief 08:30 AM 08-27-2020
Thread drift.... a tradition like no other
eDave 08:35 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
What exactly do they think not playing and canceling the season will accomplish?

Are the NBA players planning to use that time to testify in front of Congress? Develop detailed policy proposals? Lead collaborative efforts with cops/communities regarding training protocols/best practices?

There are known consequences of canceling the season... i.e. the CBA will get terminated, the owners could lockout the players next season due to financial issues, a massive loss of revenue, etc.
I'm not really in a position to answer that any further than I did when ThaVirus asked the same question an hour and a half ago. I just posted a quote that seemed pretty extreme just to get a day off as you suggested.
dirk digler 08:47 AM 08-27-2020

ESPN Sources: Several key members of Lakers -- and some peers around league -- stayed up until early AM hours talking through issues in The Bubble. Among key players in league heading into 11 AM meeting, there's optimism about a majority of players wanting to continue playoffs.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) August 27, 2020

PAChiefsGuy 09:01 AM 08-27-2020
Lol way to make a stand! Let's sit out one game then come back and finish the playoffs. That'll teach them!
Sassy Squatch 09:05 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Lol way to make a stand! Let's sit out one game then come back and finish the playoffs. That'll teach them!
Everybody is talking about it and the Wisconsin legislature is under immense pressure to reconvene now, so this did accomplish something.
FloridaMan88 09:07 AM 08-27-2020
Someone reminded LeBron what he said last October about the Hong Kong protests and he took his own advice.
DJ's left nut 09:10 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Everybody is talking about it and the Wisconsin legislature is under immense pressure to reconvene now, so this did accomplish something.
Yeah - because they were totally getting off easy when it was just their cities burning.

Something something, causation/correlation, something something.
JohnnyHammersticks 09:15 AM 08-27-2020

ChiefsCountry 09:16 AM 08-27-2020
The part that shows they are uneducated and ignorant is that they wont meet with Trump. He would work with them if they weren't so ignorant.
Sassy Squatch 09:17 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - because they were totally getting off easy when it was just their cities burning.

Something something, causation/correlation, something something.
They seemed to be content to sit on their asses and do fuck all despite this shit until their golden goose started squawking at the AG and Lieutenant Governer.
Page 192 of 205
« First < 92142182188189190191192 193194195196202 > Last »
Up