ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>The O-line
KC Hawks 05:56 PM 09-20-2020
Did they get wasted last night??? How many penalties did they have??? Oh well... MY FAVORITE TEAM WON!!
[Reply]
scho63 04:07 AM 09-22-2020
We need Shields, Grunhard, Waters, Szott and Alt
[Reply]
TEX 07:24 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The two holding calls on Wylie were textbook "ticky-tack" calls. I was shocked either one was called.
I was more shocked by the first one. The second one I could understand, only because they called the first one. Bith were very bush league. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:55 AM 09-22-2020
Chiefs came out a little flat. Maybe it was the shitty air quality, maybe they're thinking about the Ravens a little early. Who knows?
Playing KC is the Super Bowl for a team like the Chargers. You're going to get EVERYONE'S best shot.
Chargers' d-line is no joke. That's as good a front as exists in football, and a solid defense at every level. Once Pat and the boys woke up, they couldn't stop us. We've seen that before.
Some really questionable penalties contributed mightily to the game going to overtime, and within OT. I don't want to get all conspiracy-theory on anybody, but I think it's human nature to root for David against Goliath a little bit.

I'm not really worried about the O-line at this point. Osemele is a massive improvement. I still think Reiter and Wylie are average at best. You can't have All-Pro's everywhere.

I'm more concerned about the defensive injury report. We played 4 rookies the majority of snaps and that's worrying. I think overall the young-uns did okay, but they certainly took some lumps.

I also think Herbert played better than I expected him to ever play in the NFL. If I'm a Chargers fan, I'm feeling pretty good about the future.
[Reply]
Delano 08:29 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Chiefs came out a little flat. Maybe it was the shitty air quality, maybe they're thinking about the Ravens a little early. Who knows?
Playing KC is the Super Bowl for a team like the Chargers. You're going to get EVERYONE'S best shot.
Chargers' d-line is no joke. That's as good a front as exists in football, and a solid defense at every level. Once Pat and the boys woke up, they couldn't stop us. We've seen that before.
Some really questionable penalties contributed mightily to the game going to overtime, and within OT. I don't want to get all conspiracy-theory on anybody, but I think it's human nature to root for David against Goliath a little bit.

I'm not really worried about the O-line at this point. Osemele is a massive improvement. I still think Reiter and Wylie are average at best. You can't have All-Pro's everywhere.

I'm more concerned about the defensive injury report. We played 4 rookies the majority of snaps and that's worrying. I think overall the young-uns did okay, but they certainly took some lumps.

I also think Herbert played better than I expected him to ever play in the NFL. If I'm a Chargers fan, I'm feeling pretty good about the future.
Good to see some level-headed takes on the offensive line. If we had a high price line like jakef advocates for, we wouldn’t have the skill players that we resigned. Wylie and Reiter are super bowl caliber starters and I feel like that’s pretty good.

The young d backs getting playing time is going to look great when wars and Bree land are back. If sneed continues to improve, all of a sudden you have three good corners and Matthieu and Fenton can hold down the slot and middle of the field. Thornhill is also a bit rusty on the back end.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up