« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins
FAX 09:26 PM 02-12-2020
Is a baller.

That's it. That's the thread.

FAX
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:42 PM 12-08-2020
I hope yall keep this same energy when Sammy balls out once again in the playoffs.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:42 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by alanm:
Better not be drafting a WR with the 1st. Chiefs have more glaring holes else where. Most notably OL.
A Guard, LB or Center would be nice
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:42 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
What's crazy is that he agreed to a reduced salary of $8 million, with incentives to reach $16 million and so far, he hasn't been worth $2 million.

Demarcus Robinson has more yards and the same number of TD's as Watkins, yet Robinson is playing on a Vet Min exception deal, which is around $2.2 million this season but counts zero against the cap, IIRC.

I'm not a Sammy "hater" by any stretch of the imagination but this offense relies on his highest paid weapons and Watkins just hasn't even been close to living up to his contract.
At this point, I'd rather have Robinson. Being totally honest.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:44 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
A Guard, LB or Center would be nice
They better not draft a fucking IOL in the 1st round when this draft is so deep with IOL that will be available later.

You guys put way too much stock in low value positions.

Even picking at 32, you want to target DL, CB, WR, and positions that command a lot of money in free agency because that gets you 5 years of potential control at a cost controlled salary.

You can get OL and LB in the later rounds and supplement in free agency because they're cheap.
[Reply]
O.city 04:44 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
What's crazy is that he agreed to a reduced salary of $8 million, with incentives to reach $16 million and so far, he hasn't been worth $2 million.

Demarcus Robinson has more yards and the same number of TD's as Watkins, yet Robinson is playing on a Vet Min exception deal, which is around $2.2 million this season but counts zero against the cap, IIRC.

I'm not a Sammy "hater" by any stretch of the imagination but this offense relies on his highest paid weapons and Watkins just hasn't even been close to living up to his contract.
I'm honestly shocked any of us talked ourselves into thinking he would be. He's ALWAYS hurt.

it just is what it is.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:45 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd sign one too.

The market is gonna be super saturated with them this offseason and this is gonna be a good draft. Could get someone on a nice 2 year deal.

Hell, you might be able to get Watkins back for peanuts.
Who will pay Watkins, at age 28, anything other than peanuts?

He's not going to be the "savior" of some team's receiving corp and most likely, he'll miss at least 30% of the season or more.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:47 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
At this point, I'd rather have Robinson. Being totally honest.
Absolutely.

I think Robinson is probably about average but he definitely earns his salary.

Personally, I think it was a major mistake to choose Sammy Watkins over Chris Conley due to Watkins extensive injury history but that's neither here nor there at this point.
[Reply]
O.city 04:49 PM 12-08-2020
They better not draft a ****ing IOL in the 1st round when this draft is so deep with IOL that will be available later.

Even picking at 32, you want to target DL, CB, WR, and positions that command a lot of money in free agency because that gets you 5 years of potential control at a cost controlled salary.

You can get OL and LB in the later rounds and supplement in free agency because they're cheap.
Just depends what all is there at 32.

With what good centers are getting these days and what we ask ours to do, I could see it. Wouldn't necessarily be my first option though.
[Reply]
alanm 04:53 PM 12-08-2020
They better not draft a ****ing IOL in the 1st round when this draft is so deep with IOL that will be available later.

I just don't want to be staring down the barrel at a Wylie ect. next year. So it had better be a high priority. :-)
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 04:53 PM 12-08-2020
Better not be drafting a WR with the 1st. Chiefs have more glaring holes else where. Most notably OL.
Screw that...if we let Watkins walk put me in the camp that would be just fine selling the farm so to speak to move up and grab Ja'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith or Kyle Pitts if one of them slide to around pick 18, 19 or 20. Keep this gravy train rolling with Mahomes and elite weapons. The rest of the draft can be used for fatties and defense. Grab your playmakers early.
[Reply]
alanm 05:04 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Screw that...if we let Watkins walk put me in the camp that would be just fine selling the farm so to speak to move up and grab Ja'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith or Kyle Pitts if one of them slide to around pick 18, 19 or 20. Keep this gravy train rolling with Mahomes and elite weapons. The rest of the draft can be used for fatties and defense. Grab your playmakers early.
Not saying that a 1st should be used on OL. Am saying that OL should be a priority. Playmakers are nice for Mahomes but not much use when Henne is on the field because Wylie ect. had Pat killed.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:07 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
I could also see moving up to take Penn State TE Pat Freiermuth in the mid-20s. I'm not sure the value will be there on a WR (though if Pitts slips into the mid-teens, that would be worth it, IMO) in that range, but Freiermuth is really versatile and super athletic. He's a matchup nightmare AND an in-line blocking dynamo. He could give KC a major matchup advantage in 12 personnel and extend Mahomes' run with a great TE target far beyond Kelce's career.

I would be OK bringing Watkins back at a reasonable price (1/2 what he's making this year?) and drafting a guy with the skills to replace him after this season. I think the mid-round value in this draft is actually on WR and IOL, so it matches up nicely with what KC needs. Watkins for another year paired with someone like Marquez Stevenson while he develops looks pretty good to me.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:12 PM 12-08-2020
I just don't want to be staring down the barrel at a Wylie ect. next year. So it had better be a high priority. :-)
Never draft at one specific draft position to fill holes. Draft for value and try to build an overall draft profile that fills holes.
[Reply]
Shoes 05:13 PM 12-08-2020
Sammy a luxury we can't afford since the best ability is availability but for our sake I hope he repeats last year's playoff performance.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 05:16 PM 12-08-2020
Not saying that a 1st should be used on OL. Am saying that OL should be a priority. Playmakers are nice for Mahomes but not much use when Henne is on the field because Wylie ect. had Pat killed.
An argument can be made you protect Mahomes most by drafting playmakers who separate so Patrick gets the ball out of his hands. Prime example is that Colts game from 2019 with both Hill and Watkins out Mahomes was holding the ball way too long and got drilled time after time.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 30
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up