Page 113 of 298
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:47 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's both. Houston and Berry aren't on the field. You're not fielding a good defense with your 2 best playmakers out. On the flipside, though, it's not too much to ask that your unit isn't one of the worst all time through 6 games.
That's fair but lets not forget the most important stat is ppg and we are at 28.7 which is bad but it's not even the worst in the NFL this season much less all-time.

A lot of those yds we gave up came in garbage time when the game was already over. Just a week ago against the Jags w J Houston the defense was fine. One-week later they got lit up badly but the D should improve as they get more healthy. We were missing more than J Houston against the Pats lets not forget that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:47 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Every single person on this defensive staff has failed miserably at their jobs, and hiring from the outside when we're 6 weeks into the season is ludicrous. We're stuck with this scheme until the offseason.
Oh I'm not expecting them to make any staff changes until the offseason. I'm not even 100% sure that they won't just keep Sutton and say that it was injuries that tanked this defense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:49 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's fair but lets not forget the most important stat is ppg and we are at 28.7 which is bad but it's not even the worst in the NFL this season much less all-time.

A lot of those yds we gave up came in garbage time when the game was already over. Just a week ago against the Jags w J Houston the defense was fine. One-week later they got lit up badly but the D should improve as they get more healthy. We were missing more than J Houston against the Pats lets not forget that.
It's too late for this. This ship sailed on Sunday night when the defense blew a perfectly winnable game that could have sealed up HFA six games into the season.

If they go to Foxboro in January and lose, we're all going to look back at this game and say "what if".

Sutton must go.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 11:49 AM 10-16-2018
Hopefully, Sutton will resign at season's end. That'd allow Reid to move on without the discomfort of having to can one of his buddies.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:49 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Oh I'm not expecting them to make any staff changes until the offseason. I'm not even 100% sure that they won't just keep Sutton and say that it was injuries that tanked this defense.
:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:52 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
I don't know. Reid looked pretty exasperated with Sutton at the end of the Patriots game.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:53 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Cincinatti sent the house against Pittsburgh and gave up the game winning touchdown. Every talking head on all 3 networks was talking about how stupid Cincinatti was.

At the end of the Denver game, Booger and Young were talking about how dumb Denver was to not play soft and keep Mahomes in the pocket.

That part of this discussion isn't black and white. We could literally go back and forth on this for hours. There is no concrete right or wrong answer.

That being said, this defense is not only the worst in the NFL, it's the worst in team history. This isn't a 1-5 team, it's a 5-1 team. That DEMANDS action. Bob Sutton MUST be fired.

wait what? I thought you were against firing Sutton because it would be a PR move?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:54 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

We are winning games with our offense dragging the defense kicking and screaming the whole way. 1 good game against a perpetual fuck up like Blake Bortles doesn't change this fact.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:55 AM 10-16-2018
Not sure this bodes well, guys.

I was looking for some info on Hitchens from when he played at Iowa and found this...

It's an article about DeLeone's connection to Iowa. In particular, there's this:

Originally Posted by :
This offseason, the Chiefs waved goodbye to their single linebackers coach in Gary Gibbs, promoting DeLeone to inside linebackers coach and Mike Smith to outside linebackers coach.
The Chiefs fired Gary Gibbs in the offseason. Are they really going to fire anybody else?

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/...-pay-dividends
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:56 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
wait what? I thought you were against firing Sutton because it would be a PR move?
Firing Sutton right now would be nothing more than a token gesture to the fans. I don't think changing coaches right now would actually improve the defense all that much.

That being said, I've changed my mind on whether or not they should do it. The fans deserve a token gesture after having to watch that meltdown on Monday night.

Whether or not the defense actually improves at this point is irrelevant, Bob has to go.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:59 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Firing Sutton right now would be nothing more than a token gesture to the fans. I don't think changing coaches right now would actually improve the defense all that much.

That being said, I've changed my mind on whether or not they should do it. The fans deserve a token gesture after having to watch that meltdown on Monday night.

Whether or not the defense actually improves at this point is irrelevant, Bob has to go.
ok. Reid fired Castillo during the season but they were losing games and I believe he was pretty much forced to. I don't think that will happen here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:02 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
ok. Reid fired Castillo during the season but they were losing games and I believe he was pretty much forced to. I don't think that will happen here.
What put me over the top is looking at Hitchens. I know who that guy is. Saw nearly every college snap and watched him quite a bit in Dallas. He's trash here and I know, deep down, he's a good player.

So I basically was torn between Hitchens and Sutton. I'm going with Hitchens. Gotta trust my gut, I guess.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:06 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
If hitchens sucks why was he good in Dallas?
htismage might have to confirm this since he’s an Iowa fan, but I’m pretty sure Hitchens has played in a 4-3 his entire career.

We saw what it looks like to adjust to a 3-4 from DJ and Tamba. It wasn’t easy at first.

I’m not sure Bob can simplify that either. 3-4 ILB’s have more responsibility bc they have to cover more ground.

I’m wondering if this is the issue.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 12:08 PM 10-16-2018
Let's be honest, when Hill crossed the goal line everyone looked at the game clock and said "Oh shit, we scored too quickly. There's too much time on the clock."

The problem with this defense (among other things) is the undue pressure it puts on the offense to score TD's every single drive. If the offense has to "settle" for a FG they know it's going to come back and haunt them. It will likely lead to more turnovers and gambles on offense. Similar to the Colts no punt playoff game.

It also has a very big impact on clock management which has never been Andy's strong suit.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:09 PM 10-16-2018
Sutton has everyone on this defense playing on their heels waiting for stuff to come to them. Maybe that somehow worked with different players in the past, but it sure as shit ain't working now.

Send this motherfucker packing.
[Reply]
Page 113 of 298
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Up