ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 43
« First < 333940414243
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Lucas Niang Thread*****
tmax63 11:00 AM 03-07-2023
He had a major hip problem that was fixed and he took the Covid year to get fully healthy from it, think redshirt year that didn't use a year of his contract. Then he had the knee injury the end of 2021. Bad luck he had the knee injury just as he was getting going from the other. I still see a chance that he can be a good tackle for KC but another injury would end my optimism. 2 injuries doesn't make him a "brokedick" in my book but another season-ender probably would.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:24 AM 03-07-2023
If he’s finally healthy enough, hell yes.

He’s cheap for 2 more years.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:09 PM 03-07-2023
It feels like folks around here criminally underrated OBJ's avail-ability.
[Reply]
srvy 08:56 PM 03-07-2023
Does anyone know anything about this Prince Tega Wanogho fellow is he even in the picture? Also, Geron Christion is still with us is he a possibility if so?

Also was Chris Conley still in the building and does he get a ring? I know we resigned him but was that just because we were thin at the time and Toney was learning the playbook.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:06 AM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Does anyone know anything about this Prince Tega Wanogho fellow is he even in the picture? Also, Geron Christion is still with us is he a possibility if so?

Also was Chris Conley still in the building and does he get a ring? I know we resigned him but was that just because we were thin at the time and Toney was learning the playbook.
He looked serviceable in limited snaps. I don't know if he's starter material, though.

Christian, I don't know. Is he still on the squad? I thought we cut him late in the year.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:00 PM 03-07-2023
Niang was the backup LT.

It’s possible that he’s the opening day starter at LT.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:17 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Niang was the backup LT.

It’s possible that he’s the opening day starter at LT.
He's a natural RT and he's not played any games at LT in college or the NFL so that's not happening.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:11 AM 03-08-2023
Niang has had two serious injuries.

Does that make him a broke-dick? Don't know. They're not specifically related, and neither would appear to be chronic type things. Am I confident that he can play full seasons without injury? Nope. Maybe? Sure.

Would I ink him in as a day one starter? Ehhhh...I dunno about that. Obviously, Veach and Reid know a lot more about it than I do.

Given that we're likely to be filling the OT spots with reclamation projects, cheap vets, and draft picks, I'd say he'll be in the competition for one of the spots, probably RT. He may well win it, and I'm sure the team would prefer to get something of value from him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:41 AM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Niang has had two serious injuries.

Does that make him a broke-dick? Don't know. They're not specifically related, and neither would appear to be chronic type things. Am I confident that he can play full seasons without injury? Nope. Maybe? Sure.

Would I ink him in as a day one starter? Ehhhh...I dunno about that. Obviously, Veach and Reid know a lot more about it than I do.

Given that we're likely to be filling the OT spots with reclamation projects, cheap vets, and draft picks, I'd say he'll be in the competition for one of the spots, probably RT. He may well win it, and I'm sure the team would prefer to get something of value from him.
Hardman has had one serious injury, on CP that = brokedick

DHop has had one serious injury, = brokedick
[Reply]
Hoover 01:12 PM 03-08-2023
Niang is going to be in the mix, I'm happy we have him.

But all this debate is useless until we know what Veach does in free agency. I do know this, we are not going into the draft with question marks at both tackle spots.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 43
« First < 333940414243
Up