ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 63
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>All alex all the time
Easy 6 09:46 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I'd like to get those two really rolling together like Atlanta uses Freeman and Coleman. Just a couple of well balanced runners who run hard as hell and can catch the ball.

This team is going to need a top notch run game to make an AFC Championship under Alex Smith in 2017, along with a top notch defense. Now, if Mahomes becomes as good as many including myself think he could be, it's a whole new level for the Chiefs. The offense could become something it hasn't been in nearly 15 years.
I honestly dont see our guys being quite as dynamic as Atlantas duo

But what our guys lack in explosiveness, they should be be able to make up for with with a grinding, wear you down, kill the clock style... provided Ehingers return is the cure for what ailed us last year

What Alex Smith brings this year, I have no clue... tempted to expect the same old shit because thats how he has mostly played for his entire career

But maybe, just maybe, the writing on the wall spurs him to reach outside of himself and he tries to MAKE plays for once... 'good' Smiff can approach dynamic, we'll see

The pressure will either make him wilt, or make him show off

If he decides to grab his balls, we could have a great year
[Reply]
threebag 07:35 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Good luck... Those shitty spamming Alex slurpees ruin every thread they get in...
Don't throw stones in a glass house, princess
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:39 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I just don't understand people who sit here and play what if fantasy games. Sorry.
Maybe we could play yet another round of 'maybe Von Miller will rip Alex's head off his body!!' Or the umpteenth round of 'Lamar made a deal with the Illuminati to never seek a franchise QB in the draft.'
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:43 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Where mods do the trolling...CP
That wasn't trolling, it was the truth.

That was in no way a good pass, it was effective but not good. The throw made the catch much more difficult, again from the angle I'm seeing here.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:46 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Thing is, your incessant need to phrase this in terms relying on all-star QBs versus relying on 3rd string ILBs is telling. Without improvement on the things people 'excuse' Smith for, there isn't a QB outside maybe Brady that will salve all ills. You're just setting yourself up for different, maybe more exciting, disappointment, instead of previous disappointment. The Pittsburgh game wasn't some crossroads were any old improvement at QB would have rescued us.
Our 3rd string ILBs, backup DEs, and gimpy back problem-riddled NT who sucked all year against the run managed to do a pretty damn good job against probably the most explosive offense in the NFL that season. Big Ben didn't have a good night? Why is it okay to say, "The defense still sucked, and it's through luck that they didn't get the shit beat out of them on the scoreboard," but when we say, "Alex Smith leaving big plays on the field like he does is inexcusable, and we're just lucky we got the 16 points we fucking did at all" that's being disingenuous?

People like Mahomes because we predict he's going to end up being way better than Alex Smith. It's why so many of us preferred him to Deshaun Watson and why we would have been fucking pissed with a limited QB like Peterman or Dobbs. A significantly better QB finds the shit that Alex missed on the field and makes those plays happen. He challenges the Pittsburgh secondary and maybe softens up the front 7 so we can find some balance with our ground game. All things that Alex does not ever do except in rare circumstances or when he's facing a terrible defense. We're not expecting immediate Brady or Big Ben production, although we think Mahomes has the top-end potential and COULD possibly be that for us. Who knows? The sky's the limit with him.

For unknown reasons, since you claim to not be an Alex ball-washer, you paint a picture of our team in which Alex is surrounded by a bunch of fucking retards and assholes. EVEN with our injury problems on D, that's pretty far from the truth. I think there are a good 10 QBs who could have taken what Alex was given against Pittsburgh and turned it into a win.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:54 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Our 3rd string ILBs, backup DEs, and gimpy back problem-riddled NT who sucked all year against the run managed to do a pretty damn good job against probably the most explosive offense in the NFL that season. Big Ben didn't have a good night? Why is it okay to say, "The defense still sucked, and it's through luck that they didn't get the shit beat out of them on the scoreboard," but when we say, "Alex Smith leaving big plays on the field like he does is inexcusable, and we're just lucky we got the 16 points we fucking did at all" that's being disingenuous?

People like Mahomes because we predict he's going to end up being way better than Alex Smith. It's why so many of us preferred him to Deshaun Watson and why we would have been fucking pissed with a limited QB like Peterman or Dobbs. A significantly better QB finds the shit that Alex missed on the field and makes those plays happen. He challenges the Pittsburgh secondary and maybe softens up the front 7 so we can find some balance with our ground game. All things that Alex does not ever do except in rare circumstances or when he's facing a terrible defense. We're not expecting immediate Brady or Big Ben production, although we think Mahomes has the top-end potential and COULD possibly be that for us. Who knows? The sky's the limit with him.

For unknown reasons, since you claim to not be an Alex ball-washer, you paint a picture of our team in which Alex is surrounded by a bunch of fucking retards and assholes. EVEN with our injury problems on D, that's pretty far from the truth. I think there are a good 10 QBs who could have taken what Alex was given against Pittsburgh and turned it into a win.
I'm not saying the rest of the team is crap. I'm saying that when we've lost in the playoffs, they entire team didn't show up. That's whether Alex puts up 44 or 16. Every team has times when the offense doesn't show up, or the defense doesn't show up. Even the GSOT eeked out a 12-10 game AT HOME against Tampa on the way to the SB. But somehow, our problems are always 'need a better QB' even though the consensus is, even if we tied the game against Pitt, the opposing team would have just marched right back down for the lead in the closing moments. It just blows my mind that people can say that the opposition can erase our every lead, so it's on the QB in that particular instance, regardless of what the rest of the team does to make the difference.

Even the gold standard, Brady. How much of his glory has come as a result of defensive stands, or certainly short drives for long FGs with the game still in reach?
[Reply]
jd1020 07:59 PM 05-14-2017
Pretty sure the defense showed up for the Pittsburgh game.

In before someone bitches about the run defense before acknowledging that the Steelers scored the 2nd lowest points that week and didn't score a single TD.

It's painfully fucking obvious this team needs better play from its QB. The fucking defense has been at worst rank 7 since Alex has come to town. The running game has been top 10, excluding last year when they were 15th. Yet the ONLY year the passing offense has been above 20 was last season when the team lost in the playoffs to FGs and went more than 2 full quarters without putting any points on the board.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:14 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Pretty sure the defense showed up for the Pittsburgh game.

In before someone bitches about the run defense before acknowledging that the Steelers scored the 2nd lowest points that week and didn't score a single TD.
Be prepared for the TOP argument and how the defense never gave the offense enough chances.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:18 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Be prepared for the TOP argument and how the defense never gave the offense enough chances.
I was thinking it would be King strolling in here talking about how Ware didn't show up with his 35 yards on a whopping 8 carries because he couldn't carve through the entire Pittsburgh defense daring the Chiefs NOT to run.

Anyone that wants to come in parading around TOP can go ahead and explain to me what happened between 6:14 to go in the 1st when the Chiefs scored a TD and :15 left in the 3rd when the Chiefs scored their next points. They had 6 possessions in there to get at least 1 FG.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:21 PM 05-14-2017
So hyperbole is a coping mechanism?
[Reply]
jd1020 08:23 PM 05-14-2017
So hyperbole is a coping mechanism?
Care to point out what statement I made was hyperbole?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:33 PM 05-14-2017
Maybe we could play yet another round of 'maybe Von Miller will rip Alex's head off his body!!' Or the umpteenth round of 'Lamar made a deal with the Illuminati to never seek a franchise QB in the draft.'
If were lucky.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:40 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Don't throw stones in a glass house, princess
I'll just dump it off to the couch.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:43 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I guess we could say special teams didn't show up because we didn't get any returns for TDs. Fucking special teams... bringing down the team.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:50 PM 05-14-2017
I'm not saying the rest of the team is crap. I'm saying that when we've lost in the playoffs, they entire team didn't show up. That's whether Alex puts up 44 or 16. Every team has times when the offense doesn't show up, or the defense doesn't show up. Even the GSOT eeked out a 12-10 game AT HOME against Tampa on the way to the SB. But somehow, our problems are always 'need a better QB' even though the consensus is, even if we tied the game against Pitt, the opposing team would have just marched right back down for the lead in the closing moments. It just blows my mind that people can say that the opposition can erase our every lead, so it's on the QB in that particular instance, regardless of what the rest of the team does to make the difference.

Even the gold standard, Brady. How much of his glory has come as a result of defensive stands, or certainly short drives for long FGs with the game still in reach?
You like the Mahomes pick, right? You said you do in this thread.

If you're really serious about what you're saying in this conversation regarding Alex's playoff performance, why aren't you against the Mahomes pick and parroting what OldSchool and a few others were after the draft when they were pissed we didn't take Reuben Foster? I don't mean to put words in your mouth, but it would seem that the gist of what you're getting at is an elite ILB who could significantly cut down Bell's YPC that game would have been more helpful to the team than an upgrade at QB.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:52 PM 05-14-2017
Problems since the Cassel days:

-Checkdown throws that lead to few points

-Conservative playcalling; some say bad playcalling (insert Tyreek Hill gif)

-Lack of efficiency in the red zone

And the list goes on and on
[Reply]
Page 17 of 63
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up