ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 63
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>All alex all the time
Easy 6 09:46 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I'd like to get those two really rolling together like Atlanta uses Freeman and Coleman. Just a couple of well balanced runners who run hard as hell and can catch the ball.

This team is going to need a top notch run game to make an AFC Championship under Alex Smith in 2017, along with a top notch defense. Now, if Mahomes becomes as good as many including myself think he could be, it's a whole new level for the Chiefs. The offense could become something it hasn't been in nearly 15 years.
I honestly dont see our guys being quite as dynamic as Atlantas duo

But what our guys lack in explosiveness, they should be be able to make up for with with a grinding, wear you down, kill the clock style... provided Ehingers return is the cure for what ailed us last year

What Alex Smith brings this year, I have no clue... tempted to expect the same old shit because thats how he has mostly played for his entire career

But maybe, just maybe, the writing on the wall spurs him to reach outside of himself and he tries to MAKE plays for once... 'good' Smiff can approach dynamic, we'll see

The pressure will either make him wilt, or make him show off

If he decides to grab his balls, we could have a great year
[Reply]
beach tribe 05:03 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
... and people are still ignoring any discussion about the actual drives in that game.. and why they failed. That's telling.
Because it is irrelevant.

All they need to see is Tyreek Hill running wide open and the final score to go along with his overall body of work.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:03 PM 05-14-2017
It takes about a quarter and a half it seems before our Alex Smith offense gets a respectable drive that leads to a score. Why is that it takes so much for this offense to get something worth while? Even in preseasons they leave Alex Smith in longer so they can establish a scoring drive with him and he should matriculate the ball for touchdowns not field goals.
[Reply]
beach tribe 05:05 PM 05-14-2017
I actually agree with a lot of what is being said in here lately.

The problem I am having is accepting that almost all (or all) QBs need some help to get through the best of games. I mean... Big Ben had a run game that was crazy effective.. and he didn't exactly shine. Smith has not had a good run game this season, and in the playoff game. He was the QB that had key guys dropping the ball on key plays.. and OL causing drive-killing + score-killing penalties.

I get it... but at least say it. With the key injuries and screw-ups from other players... the Chiefs have needed an elite QB to carry them further.. and they didn't have one. It's really as simple as that.

It's still every bit as fascinating as it was from day 1. People accurately depict Smith as anywhere from lousy to average to good but not good enough.. yet somehow expect him to be elite to mask all of the other screwups. This to me is completely, utterly, fascinating logic.

... but maybe Mahomes will pay off and give you that mystical, magical QB that will carry the brokedick, penalty ridden, poor running, top 5 drop % offense. Maybe so.

We will find out soon enough.. and I welcome that.
Big Ben didn't throw 15tds this past season, and has SB appearances and rings. So he, unsurprisingly, gets a pass.

Your comparison is laughable.

Steelers players were also quoted as saying that they played way up close to the LOS because they weren't scared of the deep ball....I'm sure other teams did the same thing.

That doesn't exactly help a running game.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:15 PM 05-14-2017
I actually agree with a lot of what is being said in here lately.

The problem I am having is accepting that almost all (or all) QBs need some help to get through the best of games. I mean... Big Ben had a run game that was crazy effective.. and he didn't exactly shine. Smith has not had a good run game this season, and in the playoff game. He was the QB that had key guys dropping the ball on key plays.. and OL causing drive-killing + score-killing penalties.

I get it... but at least say it. With the key injuries and screw-ups from other players... the Chiefs have needed an elite QB to carry them further.. and they didn't have one. It's really as simple as that.

It's still every bit as fascinating as it was from day 1. People accurately depict Smith as anywhere from lousy to average to good but not good enough.. yet somehow expect him to be elite to mask all of the other screwups. This to me is completely, utterly, fascinating logic.

... but maybe Mahomes will pay off and give you that mystical, magical QB that will carry the brokedick, penalty ridden, poor running, top 5 drop % offense. Maybe so.

We will find out soon enough.. and I welcome that.
Under Andy Reid Alex Smith doesn't get the luxury of a running game nor will he ever because Andy Reid is a pass happy coach. He likes passing on first, second and third downs. If he is behind he will pass if the game is tied he will pass and if they have a good lead he will pass. So I've never seen why Andy thinks Alex is a good fit he relies on a good run game like he did in San Fran with Frank Gore cuz then all he had to do was lob it to TE Vernon Davis general direction.

I don't get the love attraction Any Reid had with Alex Smith except maybe he liked him out of college and wanted to coach him up from the beginning. Then maybe we would be talking a different Alex Smith today but that's not what we have in him. I'll give him credit for hanging in there with shitty coaching for his first half of his career until Jimbo H got there.
[Reply]
beach tribe 05:18 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Under Andy Reid Alex Smith doesn't get the luxury of a running game nor will he ever because Andy Reid is a pass happy coach. He likes passing on first, second and third downs. If he is behind he will pass if the game is tied he will pass and if they have a good lead he will pass. So I've never seen why Andy thinks Alex is a good fit he relies on a good run game like he did in San Fran with Frank Gore cuz then all he had to do was lob it to TE Vernon Davis general direction.

I don't get the love attraction Any Reid had with Alex Smith except maybe he liked him out of college and wanted to coach him up from the beginning. Then maybe we would be talking a different Alex Smith today but that's not what we have in him. I'll give him credit for hanging in there with shitty coaching for his first half of his career until Jimbo H got there.
I think they just needed a solid team player that doesn't make mistakes to get the team back on track, and he was what was available.

The same bunch spouted over and ocver that Alex was Reid's guy and that he was doing things the way Reid wanted..

And then they traded up 17 spots and got what they really wanted.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 05:42 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
I think they just needed a solid team player that doesn't make mistakes to get the team back on track, and he was what was available.

The same bunch spouted over and ocver that Alex was Reid's guy and that he was doing things the way Reid wanted..

I'd say "the same bunch" was right.. until now. One of two things happened... maybe both:

Smith either told them (or they figured after the concussions/not-concussions moments) that he would not be around long....

+/or they are tired of waiting for Smith to become more aggressive and yet still more composed as a pocket passer. He's frankly too rattled when heavy pressured, and pulls his eyes down far too much for a long-time vet. Guess he never really recovered from the many years of shit OLs, or he's worried about his long-term health too much now.

Whatever... it really doesn't matter anymore. 2017 will come and go, and the Mahomo era begins... for better or worse.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 05:53 PM 05-14-2017
It can't get any worse. At least for the first time in decades they are attempting to build a Superbowl caliber team.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:57 PM 05-14-2017
Maybe they just decided that he just isn't good enough...
[Reply]
notorious 06:09 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:

It really is this simple.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:23 PM 05-14-2017
2017 will come and go, and the Mahomes era begins
Props to you for acknowledging the truth. Never go Full-Tigger.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:31 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
3rd winningest QB in the last 3 years something or other blah blah
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:35 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by beach tribe:

This present an interesting question. If the Chiefs were in the exact same position except with Rodgers or Brady or Brees at QB, do you think Mahomes was a waste of resources to acquire?

Maybe I'm higher on Mahomes than the drafturbator squad. . .

I think they went for Mahomes because they LIKE Mahomes, not because they HATE Alex.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:42 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I think they went for Mahomes because they LIKE Mahomes, not because they HATE Alex.
I think they LIKE him because when Andy was drawing up plays on the whiteboard, Alex went to the front of class and erased every line that went beyond 5 yards.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:53 PM 05-14-2017
This present an interesting question. If the Chiefs were in the exact same position except with Rodgers or Brady or Brees at QB, do you think Mahomes was a waste of resources to acquire?

:-)

It's not the fucking Dating Game, and your make-believe scenario is absolutely pointless.
Here's some reality; the Chiefs WANT to be in the same position as the clubs that employ Rodgers and Brady. The acquisition of Mahomes is a genuine attempt to become a franchise of the caliber of the two clubs you mentioned.
They certainly were not going to attain that status with Alex Smith or by dumpster-diving through the garbage rounds of the draft.
"Liking" has nothing to do with any of this. Ever. This is business Sonny, not personal. I'm sure Andy and John have nothing but warm and fuzzy feelings for Alex as a human being, but they're not paying him to be a nice guy and to finish last.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:58 PM 05-14-2017

no.

I think you're right on the latter.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 63
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up