ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>THE TESTICLES ON ANDY REID
RealSNR 05:10 PM 01-17-2021
FUCKING MASSIVE.

HE HASN'T SEEN THEM SINCE THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION, BUT THEY'RE THERE.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:14 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I still have no idea why you even try that. The defense was playing well. One minute to go 80 yards with no timeouts? The Browns were not gonna do that.

Andy just has complete confidence in his offense at times.
Probably 95% of NFL head coaches punt in that spot. Maybe one or two try a run or QB sneak there. Nobody else is passing it. Nobody but Andy.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 06:14 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I still have no idea why you even try that. The defense was playing well. One minute to go 80 yards with no timeouts? The Browns were not gonna do that.

Andy just has complete confidence in his offense at times.
Yeah you figure at least one play doesn't get out of bounds needing chunks, so they have what in 70 seconds, maybe 6 plays?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:14 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Hopefully that ballsy call gives Andy a little confidence boost as he starts game planning for Buffalo! If Patrick is out he'll need to call the best game of his life for us to win
Mahomes will play. :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:15 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
And it just looked so lame. And they appeared so disinterested. Like they were slow walking it and not even trying to make you think they were gonna run a play.

I'm still speechless.
I was fooled myself. Figured a timeout and punt was coming (although I was hoping they'd at least try a run and go for it).
[Reply]
New World Order 06:16 PM 01-17-2021
It looked like we weren't even going to snap it then all of the sudden bam.

I almost had a heart attack
[Reply]
jerryaldini 06:16 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Probably 95% of NFL head coaches punt in that spot. Maybe one or two try a run or QB sneak there. Nobody else is passing it. Nobody but Andy.
Does make me wonder if Andy doesn't trust the IOL enough to sneak it, which is what I hoped he would do.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 06:17 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Only 2 teams in history have made the conference championship game 3 years in a row and Andy has coached both. Unreal.
Marv Levy's Buffalo Bills made it 4 years in a row. The LAST 2 teams to do it were coached by Andy Reid.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:17 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I just can't believe the guts to make that call. It's astounding.

Whole season right there, and he put it on Henne, who had previously thrown a horrendous INT.

Huge balls. People would be screaming for his head if they hadn't gotten it.
There would be no defending Reid if he didn't get that. If Henne had throw wide.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:21 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
If I'm being objective, I would have preferred a QB sneak but perhaps with our interior O-line that was the best call. Certainly turned out to be the right one. Andy is a god damned wizard.
[Reply]
kstater 06:23 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
Henne didn't even let the play clock run down! I was shocked.
That was by design I'd say. I bet you they have practiced that before. Everyone in the stadium thought they'd be running the clock down to 1 and calling a timeout.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:25 PM 01-17-2021
If you’re going for it, the clock doesn’t matter. Incomplete pass? Clock stops. Failed sneak? Turnover on downs and clock stops.

Andy could see the defense was napping and knew this play would get them. Figured it might even be their best chance to win
[Reply]
treeguy27 06:31 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If you’re going for it, the clock doesn’t matter. Incomplete pass? Clock stops. Failed sneak? Turnover on downs and clock stops.

Andy could see the defense was napping and knew this play would get them. Figured it might even be their best chance to win
WE have run the same or similar plays on third down and short in end of game situations too. It's really smart when you think about it. The QB is probably coached to just run for it if the pass isn't there. then even if you come up short the clock continues to run. The QB running on the bootleg probably has as much chance of being successful as pounding it right into the DL.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:31 PM 01-17-2021
Absolutely brilliant

Faked everyone out, including Romo & Browns D.

They thought they were getting off the field and then: BOOM!
[Reply]
stevieray 06:33 PM 01-17-2021
Reid said in his presser that the team has total confidence in Henne, illustrated by their reaction to his huge scramble.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 06:39 PM 01-17-2021
https://youtu.be/xPlqLHcphyw
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up