ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 79
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the Chiefs have drafted Watson over Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 01:08 PM 10-01-2017
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....
[Reply]
RunKC 04:06 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But a lot of it is off the read option. Same as RG3.

O’Brien is clearly catering his offense to ease Watson in the same way Shanny did.
So?

Did it not work? Is it not working for Watson? You do realize Andy is doing the same thing with Alex this year right?
[Reply]
19now11 04:08 PM 10-29-2017
they r both gona go the kap rout with a seasons full of tape on em.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:08 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So?

Did it not work? Is it not working for Watson? You do realize Andy is doing the same thing with Alex this year right?
It worked at first. My point is that at some point NFL DC’s will figure him out and he will have to continue to develop. He hasn’t proven himself completely and I’m not going to crown him. He still has a long way to go to justify this early hype.

And :-) @ the last part of your post
[Reply]
TLO 04:10 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss:
Watson is black

Mahomes is less black

/CP
Time to flush this turd
[Reply]
Bowser 04:10 PM 10-29-2017
Um, no.
Um, yeah. They actually ran a play where they faked the read option and Watson dropped back to pass.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:11 PM 10-29-2017
Watson is black

Mahomes is less black

/CP
Shut the fuck up with your shitpost trolling.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:12 PM 10-29-2017
I can't believe that this thread has generated this much discussion. Seriously. One thing that we have learned about the NFL is that you can very rarely consider a quarterback(or pretty much any player) a success or a failure midway through his rookie season a success or a failure. And you sure can't make a comparison to a player who is sitting behind an established veteran. RGIII has been brought up. He looked like a HOF QB at this point in his career. Peyton Manning only won a couple of games his rookie year. Dak Prescott, it's still to early to judge him, but he doesn't look as great as he did last year. Kaepernick flopped pretty quick. Bottom line. Watson could go on to have a HOF career while Mahomes busts. Mahomes could go on to be the HOF quarterback while Watson fizzles out, or they could both turn out to be average. This discussion is moot for at least 3-4 years. No way I consider that Mahomes wasn't the right choice at this point. I have no reason to.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:13 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by 19now11:
they r both gona go the kap rout with a seasons full of tape on em.
Ever thought about finding a close wildfire and just walking into it for the sake of humanity?
[Reply]
RunKC 04:13 PM 10-29-2017
It worked at first. My point is that at some point NFL DC’s will figure him out and he will have to continue to develop. He hasn’t proven himself completely and I’m not going to crown him. He still has a long way to go to justify this early hype.

And :-) @ the last part of your post
Then it applies to Alex too.

Andy is running the same damn shit Alex ran in college. And now other teams like the Saints, Texans, Rams and Patriots are copying it.

It's the new thing in the league
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:14 PM 10-29-2017
Mahomes will, and very quickly, run fucking circles around Smith's "knowledge of the playbook".
I mean, how great is it to have a QB with all of this wonderful knowledge, never mind that he doesn't possess the skill-set necessary to actually execute the more esoteric aspects of Reid's Holy Playbook?
I made the mistake of short-selling Mahomes once. It's not happening again. This dumbassed waste of a season can't end soon enough.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:15 PM 10-29-2017
Then it applies to Alex too.

Andy is running the same damn shit Alex ran in college. And now other teams like the Saints, Texans, Rams and Patriots are copying it.

It's the new thing in the league
:-)

Adding new wrinkles is not the same thing as catering your entire offense. Alex clearly has more in his plate and a MUCH larger playbook.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:15 PM 10-29-2017
People will NEVER learn not to overreact to these athletic QB’s running college offenses having success early on.
Dak looks pretty darn good in his 2nd year.

Watson is making a lot of big time throws downfield though which is pretty impressive
[Reply]
splatbass 04:17 PM 10-29-2017
So?

A lot of coaches cater their offense to the skills and knowledge of their QB. But for Watson it is based on lack of knowledge and experience, while with Alex it is just to fit his skill set. His knowledge of the offense is very high, as is his experience with it. It isn't really the same thing.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:18 PM 10-29-2017
So?

You DO realize that that "thing" is not exclusive to this year alone, regardless of how "smart" the local idiot crop thinks Smith is?
Andy has been duct taping and WD-40'ing that Smith ass since day one. What the fuck else can you do with damaged goods? That he's managed to get even THIS much out of that drying turd is an absolute miracle of a testament to Reid's ability to coach and scheme.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04:19 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Shut the fuck up with your shitpost trolling.
YOU HAVE THE POWER!
[Reply]
Page 19 of 79
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Up