ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 279 of 360
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283289329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
hometeam 07:33 PM 05-10-2018
black/black is the sexiest. Every day I look at my black w/polished lip and wish they where just black.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:37 AM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Have to change the drive unit in my Model S, luckily they are all under warranty. It was just making a louder sound than normal at 70mph+. They gave me an P100D as a loaner and I think I might kill myself because its so fast.
Like the wheel motors? I don't know shit about Tesla's but isn't that like most of the car?
[Reply]
loochy 09:00 AM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Have to change the drive unit in my Model S, luckily they are all under warranty. It was just making a louder sound than normal at 70mph+. They gave me an P100D as a loaner and I think I might kill myself because its so fast.
1.) What is the "drive unit"?

2.) Please post a statement of the charges I know it ends up free to you in the end, but I'd like to see the statement. I'm curious to what it costs to repair one of those.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
BWillie 10:50 AM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Like the wheel motors? I don't know shit about Tesla's but isn't that like most of the car?
Yeah basically. I don't think it's near as intense as needing to get a new motor in an ICE. It only took them 1.5 day to do it. They do alot of them. Many people end up getting new drive units that have older Teslas, I thought mine was new enough that they had worked out all the kinks but I guess not. Mine worked fine it was just a little loud when getting up to 70 mph+. I'm sure that doesn't help profitability but it's a great guarantee.

Originally Posted by loochy:
1.) What is the "drive unit"?

2.) Please post a statement of the charges I know it ends up free to you in the end, but I'd like to see the statement. I'm curious to what it costs to repair one of those.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not sure if it will have a theoretical price on it or not. But I'll see what I can do. I also fixed one charging port door because ice buildup caused me to damage it trying to pry it open. That was only $150 at least.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:04 AM 05-11-2018
Nice wheels, just don't put them on that car. PUKE

Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Ok I need some wheel opinions here.

Looking to go with some new 17" wheels for the Chevy II. Mainly because I need a different offset than the rally wheels and custom offset rally wheels at 17" would cost as much as these other wheels which are better quality.

Here is the car again -

Here are the wheels I want -

The centers will be black I have that figured out but I am caught between -

Satin black center with gloss barrels (barrel means the outer lip area polished in the picture above)

Gloss black center with gloss black barrels

Gloss black center with polished barrels

All black would look similar to this - (slightly different wheel)

Part of me likes the polished barrel but I also really like the all black look.

Thoughts?

(Also don't be drooling over the wife's Honda)

[Reply]
Marcellus 12:08 PM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Nice wheels, just don't put them on that car. PUKE
This basically the same wheel on the same car just different colors.

Freaking badass.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:13 PM 05-11-2018

The wheels still don't look great in the picture you posted but I like it more in the one I posted. I think the more mod'ed the rod, the better they look.

I am going to go out on a limb and say you're not spending $900 a wheel and your not getting a 3 piece wheel either.

This basically the same wheel on the same car just different colors.

Freaking badass.

[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:16 PM 05-11-2018
Question for the car experts........

Cold-air intake......worth it? I hear it's only worth it if you get it tuned after.

Dont want to blow 400 plus on a tuner - so will dealerships help you out with that?

I'm seeing a C&L that claims 20-60HP gains......

Thx in advance!
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:18 PM 05-11-2018
There goes cooper talking about things he doesn't know once again...
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:19 PM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Question for the car experts........

Cold-air intake......worth it? I hear it's only worth it if you get it tuned after.

Dont want to blow 400 plus on a tuner - so will dealerships help you out with that?

I'm seeing a C&L that claims 20-60HP gains......

Thx in advance!
A tune for just a cold air intake? I can't say ive ever heard that, but i don't do late model cars.

And i wouldn't get too caught up in HP figures either. What kind of car? Motor? It's going to depend on what you're starting with. Little motor with no power? Expect little to no difference.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05-11-2018, 02:41 PM
This message has been deleted by Marcellus. Reason: dupe
Marcellus 02:42 PM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:

The wheels still don't look great in the picture you posted but I like it more in the one I posted. I think the more mod'ed the rod, the better they look.

I am going to go out on a limb and say you're not spending $900 a wheel and your not getting a 3 piece wheel either.
:-)

The wheels are $875 each for the fronts and $890 for the rears pre tax etc..and they no not 3 piece they are 2 piece. There really is zero reason to go with a 3 piece wheel on a street car.

You also don't know dick about my car obviously.

I have also seen your taste in vehicles so spare me the lectures.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 03:21 PM 05-11-2018
:-)

The wheels are $875 each for the fronts and $890 for the rears pre tax etc..and they no not 3 piece they are 2 piece. There really is zero reason to go with a 3 piece wheel on a street car.

You also don't know dick about my car obviously.

I have also seen your taste in vehicles so spare me the lectures.
3P wheels have saved me $$$ twice in the last 3 months, hit a cavernous pothole, bent an inner lip. Then the wife terribly curbed an outer lip. Both repaid were 1/2 the cost of a new wheel.

PS, not defending CB.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 03:23 PM 05-11-2018
I plan to buy a new LC 500 Monday!
[Reply]
MIAdragon 03:25 PM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Grats!!!
[Reply]
hometeam 03:28 PM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Adding to the stable or trading the vette?
[Reply]
Page 279 of 360
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283289329 > Last »
Up