ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 230 of 360
« First < 130180220226227228229230 231232233234240280330 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:34 PM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
i would have paid the second that price came out of his mouth.
Oh I have it with me..I grabbed the keys and said let me drive it for the night and if I like it I will bring $4200 in cash with me and then you buy me beer and steak
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:15 PM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
My truck got struck by lightning last night. There is absolutely no power to anything except the passenger side power seat and the right taillight is now stuck on. Everything else is DEAD. Got towed away today. I really like this truck but no way do I keep it after this. Time to shop for an 18 Raptor, I guess.
Everyone I know that has had a tractor struck says that nothing works. Ever. Not just electronics, transmissions hydraulics, everything. Doesn't have hydraulics but think about the brakes, who knows where it could have arced across in the pump it the cylinders.

Get the fuck rid of it. Now.

Originally Posted by mac459:
Quick question for you guys

A buddy of mine is wanting to sell his 2004 Tahoe Z71 with the 5.3 and right around 100,000 on it..I'm not to worried about the motor I know lots of 5.3 that have went well into the 200,000..my question is are there any problems that come with that year of Tahoe

Body is rust free and the frame has a few spots of surface rust it's in really good shape

He says he will sell it to me for $4200 and by looking at KBB and NADA that's a really good deal..I would keep the vehicle around since the old lady has 2 kids of her own and then my 2 kids and this has the 3rd row in it
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
i would have paid the second that price came out of his mouth.
Me too. Buy it now. Like right now. No way that car is worth less than 8. Probably 10.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:19 PM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Everyone I know that has had a tractor struck says that nothing works. Ever. Not just electronics, transmissions hydraulics, everything. Doesn't have hydraulics but think about the brakes, who knows where it could have arced across in the pump it the cylinders.

Get the **** rid of it. Now.
Yes, Sir, I will.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:25 PM 08-23-2017
You're always told that cars are safe from lightning.

I assume you were not in the car when it was hit? Did you see it?
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:49 PM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You're always told that cars are safe from lightning.

I assume you were not in the car when it was hit? Did you see it?
I went to the office after hours to meet a customer who badly needed a tool. He and his friend opened the office door to leave and the crazy thud/smack happened. They backed up and closed the door and commented the lightning was close because they could feel their hairs standing up. We were talking about how close it was and then one of the guys asked me why my truck taillight was on. I grabbed my key fob and the truck, parked just feet from the door, was unresponsive. It only had power to the passenger side power seat and the passenger side taillight was stuck on. I would have normally been a lot more upset but the fact two customers could have been killed put it in perspective. I may get ef'd on this deal but I'm in a financial position to take my lumps if I'm forced to. There would have been a time in my life when something like this could have been financially devastating. I'm already Raptor shopping to make myself feel better, LOL.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:37 PM 08-23-2017
I went to the office after hours to meet a customer who badly needed a tool. He and his friend opened the office door to leave and the crazy thud/smack happened. They backed up and closed the door and commented the lightning was close because they could feel their hairs standing up. We were talking about how close it was and then one of the guys asked me why my truck taillight was on. I grabbed my key fob and the truck, parked just feet from the door, was unresponsive. It only had power to the passenger side power seat and the passenger side taillight was stuck on. I would have normally been a lot more upset but the fact two customers could have been killed put it in perspective. I may get ef'd on this deal but I'm in a financial position to take my lumps if I'm forced to. There would have been a time in my life when something like this could have been financially devastating. I'm already Raptor shopping to make myself feel better, LOL.
I'm not a truck guy but the Raptor's are fucking awesome.

What's the truck you have now though? I love the blue color on it. I've never seen one like that.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:12 AM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by Boise_Chief:
I'm guessing every switch, module, electic motor, etc. are cooked. I think it is likely that they total it. Repairs could run 30k.

Btw you can force them to total it if you can show that it will reduce resale enough or if repairs are over 30% (?) Of value.

Someone in the insurance field can probably give you the correct percentages.
It's 50% in IA and they do have diminished value allowances but it looks complicated.

Is there any sign your truck was hit by lightning, either on the ground or on the wheels. I would think if you were hit the electricity had to go somewhere. either way my opinion is that your truck will go to a Ford dealer to have the problem looked at and possibly get a new PCM and LCM (lighting control module) replaced. If this does not show signs of bringing it back to life then Ford will contact a regional or nation level tech. to inspect the truck or to give trouble shooting assistance. I would venture that they will drop $3-5K before they circle their wagons and start to decide what their next move will be.

Just think, if you're insured with Farmers your truck may be a celebrity.

I think you should seriously consider what they may use\offer you as a salvage value and strongly consider buying it for resale or rebuilding yourself. I would not be afraid of it myself. It's like a TV once the electricity stops flowing nothing more is damaged. I used to sell rebuilders and I think you would have a long line of buyers if the price is right. I know I would be interested in talking if you don't take the opportunity. Keep me in mind?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08-24-2017, 02:16 AM
This message has been deleted by cooper barrett. Reason: redundant
IA_Chiefs_fan 06:45 AM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I'm not a truck guy but the Raptor's are ****ing awesome.

What's the truck you have now though? I love the blue color on it. I've never seen one like that.
It's just a 2016 F150 but I added a BDS lift, Bushwacker fender flares, Fuel Beast wheels, Amp Research power running boards, and Gatorback mud flaps. I love the color too. Unfortunately, it's no longer available. I'll probably get a white or red Raptor. I had a black 2013 Raptor, which looked awesome when it was clean, but I have to drive on 1/4 mile of gravel everyday.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 06:58 AM 08-24-2017
All good info, cooper. I have State Farm. I have zero interest in buying it back. I don't have time for projects right now. I'd be more than happy to keep you in mind though. Send me a PM with your cell#, just in case.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:14 AM 08-24-2017
All good info, cooper. I have State Farm. I have zero interest in buying it back. I don't have time for projects right now. I'd be more than happy to keep you in mind though. Send me a PM with your cell#, just in case.
St. Farm will want to keep it for a commercial :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 11:32 AM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
St. Farm will want to keep it for a commercial :-):-):-):-)
I hope so!
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:34 AM 08-25-2017
Update on the lightning-struck truck:
The dealership called and the estimate is 7k to replace 13 modules that aren't communicating. He said, " Once we get those in, we'll see what else might need replaced." I'm guessing State Farm will want to try that, unfortunately. One dealer already told me they won't accept my truck on trade though, due to the potential future issues. Uggh...
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:35 AM 08-25-2017
The dealership called and the estimate is 7k to replace 13 modules that aren't communicating. He said, " Once we get those in, we'll see what else might need replaced." I'm guessing State Farm will want to try that, unfortunately. One dealer already told me they won't accept my truck on trade though, due to the potential future issues. Uggh...
Poop. Craigslist that bitch if they won't total it.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:17 AM 08-25-2017
1-Time to have a conversation about diminished value with Farmers. Explain that you have been told that, upon telling a dealer about this incident, had happened stated they would not accept your truck in trade. I will be waiting for their response to this:

2-Also, make sure you ask about Farmer's liability if your truck goes into "Exorcist" mode and causes an accident or even kills someone. Do this in person and then follow up with an email, and a letter, and wait for a response im writing...

3-Do you have a lien holder, GAP insurance... If you do, contact the lien holder and tell them what has happened to the truck. Mention that you have a GAP policy.

4- I suggest that you do not accept the truck until you are satisfied with the answers you get.

I made St. Farm buy back my Mercedes SLK 320, so I know what an uphill battle it can be. Ask tough question, demand answers in writing, rinse and repeat.

When you are done asking questions then I suggest turning it over to an attorney but doing so too quickly will just make your atty a lot of money.

****Remember you are not the first time this kind of thing has happened to. I suggest you contact that guy in Nevada, TX about his claim. Rubalcava Concrete Construction, Wylie, TX his name was Anthony.***
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:24 AM 08-25-2017
Cooper gives good advice here. Getting it all in writing is prudent. I'd get something from the dealer in writing regarding trade

EDIT: heh. I got cooper in the green. You're welcome n00b. :-). Good post though.
[Reply]
Page 230 of 360
« First < 130180220226227228229230 231232233234240280330 > Last »
Up