ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 57
« First < 5455152535455 5657 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday
Tribal Warfare 12:59 PM 12-09-2017
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.
[Reply]
lcarus 02:03 AM 02-23-2018
Trading an all-pro corner on his rookie contract because he isnt a quiet humble boy scout. Thats the type of move that could potentially get me to fucking hate this already buttfucking dumbass loser franchise to the point of no return. I mean holy shit. After all the facepalming these football scholars have already induced. You'd think they would stop with the idiocy just for a minute. We are barely over a month out from our last huge embarrassing failure.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:07 AM 02-23-2018
If they are serious I hope Veach really likes a couple of corners in free agency. I hope they wouldn't trade Peters for anything other than a first. A legit corner in FA and then a pass rusher opposite of Houston in the first would be nice.
[Reply]
PRIEST 04:24 AM 02-23-2018
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Trading an all-pro corner on his rookie contract because he isnt a quiet humble boy scout. Thats the type of move that could potentially get me to ****ing hate this already butt****ing dumbass loser franchise to the point of no return. I mean holy shit. After all the facepalming these football scholars have already induced. You'd think they would stop with the idiocy just for a minute. We are barely over a month out from our last huge embarrassing failure.
This ^^^^^

They do this shit and I'm ****ing done Tired boss Tired
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:19 AM 02-23-2018
Originally Posted by PRIEST:
This ^^^^^

They do this shit and I'm ****ing done Tired boss Tired
Liar. Mahomes is taking the field and you think you're done if we trade Peters? You won't be done so stop talking crazy.
[Reply]
tmax63 07:28 AM 02-23-2018
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Trading an all-pro corner on his rookie contract because he isnt a quiet humble boy scout. Thats the type of move that could potentially get me to ****ing hate this already butt****ing dumbass loser franchise to the point of no return. I mean holy shit. After all the facepalming these football scholars have already induced. You'd think they would stop with the idiocy just for a minute. We are barely over a month out from our last huge embarrassing failure.
I have no inside information and personally feel these rumors are throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks but he hasn't been a boy scout and if he's made it clear that he doesn't want to be in KC and will leave at the soonest possible moment then you move him before all you get is a comp pick or you end like the Redskins and Cousins. Nobody is gonna give them anything for him because they know he'll get cut. And you can't make somebody want to be in small market flyover KC
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:30 AM 02-23-2018
Originally Posted by tmax63:
I have no inside information and personally feel these rumors are throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks but he hasn't been a boy scout and if he's made it clear that he doesn't want to be in KC and will leave at the soonest possible moment then you move him before all you get is a comp pick or you end like the Redskins and Cousins. Nobody is gonna give them anything for him because they know he'll get cut. And you can't make somebody want to be in small market flyover KC

[Reply]
tmax63 07:33 AM 02-23-2018
Thanks for your insight.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:39 AM 02-23-2018
Thanks for your insight.
I've posted multiple times in this thread that trading him would be idiotic. 3 years for around $30 million of Marcus Peters at CB and a 3rd round comp pick when he walks is worth more than anything any team could trade to the Chiefs.
[Reply]
tmax63 08:05 AM 02-23-2018
I disagree. A low 1st, high second would give you better odds of getting a quality CB in the draft than the end of the 3rd. He would be hard to replace but if you got someone who was 90% of MP in coverage and didn't make Deion Sanders look like Dick Butkus in the run game you could live without him. Hell, they had to live without him for a game last year and the Chiefs did survive.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:33 AM 02-23-2018
A low 1st, high second would give you better odds of getting a quality CB in the draft than the end of the 3rd.
They already have a quality CB, a very high quality one at that. Why would you trade that away for just the possibility of getting another one? A slim possibility based on the history of the draft.

That seems really stupid.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:45 AM 02-23-2018
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
They already have a quality CB, a very high quality one at that. Why would you trade that away for just the possibility of getting another one? A slim possibility based on the history of the draft.

That seems really stupid.
Pretty simple really.

If Marcus Peters doesn’t want to sign here as Terez Paylor seems to believe, you place the franchise tag on him in 2020 and trade him for better value.

In that situation he’s gone no matter what so you might as well get a high 2nd or 1st to help your team rather than a comp pick just before the 4th rd.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 08:54 AM 02-23-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Pretty simple really.

If Marcus Peters doesn’t want to sign here as Terez Paylor seems to believe, you place the franchise tag on him in 2020 and trade him for better value.

In that situation he’s gone no matter what so you might as well get a high 2nd or 1st to help your team rather than a comp pick just before the 4th rd.
Two more years watching Peters lose jump balls down field and tackling as a last resort will lessen his trade value dramatically. Trade him now if the price is right and DON'T LOOK BACK!!!!
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:54 AM 02-23-2018
I disagree. A low 1st, high second would give you better odds of getting a quality CB in the draft than the end of the 3rd. He would be hard to replace but if you got someone who was 90% of MP in coverage and didn't make Deion Sanders look like Dick Butkus in the run game you could live without him. Hell, they had to live without him for a game last year and the Chiefs did survive.
Think about this in terms of turnover numbers, Peters has 19 Ints and 6 FF in 3 years. In that span the next closest guy is Reggie Nelson with 14 and 2. So, in reality 90% of Peters is 22.5 turnovers forced, 6 more than the next best guy in all of the NFL.

I'm hoping the Chiefs don't take a chance that a 1st round pick is better than everyone else in the league (except MP) over the last three years.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:01 AM 02-23-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
thats Phillip Gaines mother that made the post
not sure if serious, but it's not.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:10 AM 02-23-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If Marcus Peters doesn’t want to sign here

Who cares.

The Chiefs will never get equal value in a trade for a player like Marcus Peters. They'll always be the loser of that trade. Although the team has been a loser for almost 50 years at this point so I guess that's why some fans like you are OK with that. You're used to it by now and don't know any better.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 57
« First < 5455152535455 5657 >
Up