ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Urban Meyer having chest pains
Bewbies 09:44 AM 08-01-2018
Chest pains report unconfirmed following this report.

Text messages I have obtained, an exclusive interview w/the victim & other information I have learned shows Ohio State coach Urban Meyer knew in 2015 of domestic abuse allegations against a member of his coaching staff despite his denial last week https://t.co/fcxi8GKyeI

— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) August 1, 2018

He's trending on twitter, and most everyone is taking the under as to if he makes it to kickoff for the 2018 season now. :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 03:28 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So because it wasn't required by law that he fire Smith you believe he should face no repercussions for the decision he made that has put his program and his entire University directly in the public line of fire?

And that's not even speaking to his decision to place a man with a pattern of domestic violence in a leadership position responsible for the development of young men.

That's just insane. Of course he deserves to be fired for this. His loyalty to a dead coach convinced him to cover for a ****ing fungible WRs coach and in the process he's going to cost his university millions in fees and lost good will. That's absolutely fireable.

The 2nd highest paid head coach in college football (maybe 3rd now) does not have his responsibility for his subordinates end at simply passing a memo up the chain.
I'm not in a position to judge the man on his career decisions. If he complied with the requirements of his position I would not fire him.
The University may see it in a whole different light and find a reason to fire him anyway. That's their prerogative. I'm just saying what I'd do if it was up to me. From a business stand point his decisions have brought the school considerably more good than bad.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:42 PM 08-03-2018
It looks to me like he's steering into the skid to save his cash at the expense of his job.

I think he knows there's no way he comes back. There was no credible argument to make that he had no idea. He could've tried to pin it on his wife and she could've even put on a brave face and lied about it, but not after how frequently he talks about her impact on him and even the OSU program. That was just a complete non-starter.

So he goes out there and rather than 'deny deny deny' as he had at Media Days, he says "Yup, I lied at Media day and I knew about his 2015 incidents but reported them..."

He's putting it back at OSU's feet on an argument over termination with cause. "Hey, lying at media days is a fireable offense, nor is hiring an asshole - I told you guys what he did and you did nothing about it. That's on you."

Now I think he probably loses that fight when it's all said and done, but if he can make the prospect of the fight ugly enough for a school with a multi-billion dollar endowment, they'll reach a negotiated buyout of the remainder of his deal and he walks away with a few million bucks in his pocket.

I think that's a calculated move on his part to eschew any further attempts at saving his job outright and in so doing improve his chances of getting some money on the way out the door.
Ever heard of plausible deniability? Sure he PROBABLY knew about it. But if you can't prove his wife told him, and his wife said he didn't. Nothing should happen. You have to, you know, prove shit. Oh wait, it's 2018. I forgot. You just need to allege things and make up stories.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:44 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I'm not in a position to judge the man on his career decisions. If he complied with the requirements of his position I would not fire him.
The University may see it in a whole different light and find a reason to fire him anyway. That's their prerogative. I'm just saying what I'd do if it was up to me. From a business stand point his decisions have brought the school considerably more good than bad.
And that's where we part ways. Not in the statement itself, but in how we define 'the requirements of his job'.

As the public face of one of the nation's largest universities, simply winning football games isn't his only job requirement.

Larry Eustachy got fired for drinking beers with college girls - why? Because he imperiled the image of his program and more critically the university as a whole. There have been dozens of coaches that have been fired simply for making the program look bad and some of those I found to be overreactions.

But when you hire a guy that you KNOW has a history of domestic violence and you are made aware of additional incidents after you brought him on board - that's just unacceptable. And then when you only fire him after those incidents are made public and LIE about it to boot - shit man, just try look more complicit, Urban. I don't think you can manage it.

I just don't see a way you can look at how he handled this situation and characterize it as 'doing his job'.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:45 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Ever heard of plausible deniability? Sure he PROBABLY knew about it. But if you can't prove his wife told him, and his wife said he didn't. Nothing should happen. You have to, you know, prove shit. Oh wait, it's 2018. I forgot. You just need to allege things and make up stories.
Hey dipshit - he just issued a statement admitting he knew about the 2015 incidents and he'd already admitted publicly he knew about the 2009 incident.

Try to keep up.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:52 PM 08-03-2018
And that's where we part ways. Not in the statement itself, but in how we define 'the requirements of his job'.

As the public face of one of the nation's largest universities, simply winning football games isn't his only job requirement.

Larry Eustachy got fired for drinking beers with college girls - why? Because he imperiled the image of his program and more critically the university as a whole. There have been dozens of coaches that have been fired simply for making the program look bad and some of those I found to be overreactions.

But when you hire a guy that you KNOW has a history of domestic violence and you are made aware of additional incidents after you brought him on board - that's just unacceptable. And then when you only fire him after those incidents are made public and LIE about it to boot - shit man, just try look more complicit, Urban. I don't think you can manage it.

I just don't see a way you can look at how he handled this situation and characterize it as 'doing his job'.
Fair points all. Where we differ is that I don’t object to him hiring a coach who had past issues so long as he was willing to comply with the reporting requirements if those issues reoccurred.

So, if Meyer complied with the requirements I wouldn’t fire him. At this point I don’t see that his negatives would outweigh his positives from a business standpoint.
I will also understand if he is fired for some of the image issues you set forth. I’m not saying what the school will do. I’m saying what I would do.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:29 PM 08-03-2018
I'm an Ohio State fan, so I'm not going to get much into the argument. What I can say, is that it is more than likely Urban Meyer, despite being OSU's darling coaching hire, is going to be sent packing if Courtney Smith's version of events is corroborated. I say that simply from a "save face" standpoint for OSU. They forced the resignation of an equally outstanding coach in Jim Tressel for far less in terms of real damages. However, Zach Smith's legal counsel seems to indicate that police testimony will not corroborate Courtney's allegations. At this point, I can't judge Meyer's decisions based purely on hearsay. It does seem more likely than not that Meyer had some knowledge of an ongoing domestic dispute between Zach and Courtney. While it isn't up to Meyer to play judge, jury, and executioner either, he should have at least reported the incident(s) to TIX. Even had he not, the caveat here is that his new contract signed in April, not his contract in place in 2015, lists such reporting as a requirement and that could be Meyer's and OSU's out in all of this. After all, he did fire Zach Smith after a protection order was put in place in July. All said Urban Meyer is certainly walking on very thin ice.

As for OSU Football... At worst they go through another Luke Fickell season before hiring the next top coach. It's one of the most coveted jobs in all of sports.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:37 PM 08-03-2018
Seems like Bob Stoops would be the best hire for OSU. Convincing him to coach is another thing entirely.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:42 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Seems like Bob Stoops would be the best hire for OSU. Convincing him to coach is another thing entirely.
I'm betting they'd poach someone, like maybe Scott Satterfield from Appalachian State.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:48 PM 08-03-2018
I doubt he gets the axe. Ohio State football is everything in that state. They will say whatever that have to for him to stay. Maybe women can be responsible for their own shit for a change. Why didn't she do something? I get sick of the excuses of why woman don't leave their men if getting their ass kicked.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:24 PM 08-03-2018
There's someone around the Ames, Iowa region that's doing a heck of a job.

Still frustrates the heck out of me that MU hired Barry Odom.
[Reply]
Bewbies 07:29 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I doubt he gets the axe. Ohio State football is everything in that state. They will say whatever that have to for him to stay. Maybe women can be responsible for their own shit for a change. Why didn't she do something? I get sick of the excuses of why woman don't leave their men if getting their ass kicked.
Brilliant. Jesus.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:39 PM 08-03-2018
The irony of this statement is that you should be beaten for such stupidity.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:51 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'm an Ohio State fan, so I'm not going to get much into the argument. What I can say, is that it is more than likely Urban Meyer, despite being OSU's darling coaching hire, is going to be sent packing if Courtney Smith's version of events is corroborated. I say that simply from a "save face" standpoint for OSU. They forced the resignation of an equally outstanding coach in Jim Tressel for far less in terms of real damages. However, Zach Smith's legal counsel seems to indicate that police testimony will not corroborate Courtney's allegations. At this point, I can't judge Meyer's decisions based purely on hearsay. It does seem more likely than not that Meyer had some knowledge of an ongoing domestic dispute between Zach and Courtney. While it isn't up to Meyer to play judge, jury, and executioner either, he should have at least reported the incident(s) to TIX. Even had he not, the caveat here is that his new contract signed in April, not his contract in place in 2015, lists such reporting as a requirement and that could be Meyer's and OSU's out in all of this. After all, he did fire Zach Smith after a protection order was put in place in July. All said Urban Meyer is certainly walking on very thin ice.

As for OSU Football... At worst they go through another Luke Fickell season before hiring the next top coach. It's one of the most coveted jobs in all of sports.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/33979...ngconservative
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:54 AM 08-04-2018
Matt Campbell
[Reply]
milkman 03:23 AM 08-04-2018
After reading this post, I have come to the inevitable conclusion that, as you get older, you will be the first person whose IQ will be improved with the onset of senility.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up