ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2215 of 3903
« First < 1215171521152165220522112212221322142215 221622172218221922252265231527153215 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 12:03 AM 05-25-2020
Are Kansas City area stores COVID-19 safe? We visit 50 in five counties to find out

[...]

How thoroughly are customers — and employees — being protected from the spreading coronavirus?

To find out, The Star this past week dispatched six reporters to the five prime counties in the Kansas City area: Johnson, Wyandotte, Jackson, Clay and Platte. We entered 50 stores (not gyms, restaurants or hair salons), 10 in each county, ranging from large chains, such as Walmart, QuikTrip, Target, Bath & Body Works and Hobby Lobby, to regional or even small family-run businesses, like the Red X in Riverside and the New Dimestore in Brookside.

Although hardly scientific, numbers offer a snapshot of what, after even a brief look, shows itself to be an uneven safety landscape — one that could set nerves on edge as likely as calm them.

Of the 50 stores visited:

▪ At a little more than half (54%, 27 stores), every employee wore masks.

▪ At 1 in 4 (24%, 12 stores), zero employees wore masks.

▪ Wyandotte County, already hit hard by the coronavirus, seemed the most vulnerable. Only 1 of 10 stores visited, Beauty Brands, had every employee wearing masks, although Nebraska Furniture Mart had just one employee without one. At six stores, no employees wore masks.

▪ In the other counties, all employees wore masks at 60% to 70% of stores.

▪ Sneeze guards at registers were found at 60% of stores (30 of 50).

▪ About two-thirds provided hand sanitizers and other cleaning supplies for customers (32 of 50).

▪ Size appeared to matter, with chain stores implementing the most precautions on average. Smaller shops tended to have fewer, while still insisting customers were being kept safe.

[...]

Much, much more info in the link in the title...

Open in a private window if necessary
[Reply]
Miles 04:00 AM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
It doesn't help that like every symptom other than sneezing is a covid symptom sometimes
Seasonal allergies or just hungover make me worry.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 05:42 AM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
They interviewed some guy I think was a customer and he said the stylist wasn't feeling well and was coughing, attributed it to allergies.
Apperently that's what urgent care or er told her.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:17 AM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Thanks for your honesty.
Why would I not be?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:51 AM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
They interviewed some guy I think was a customer and he said the stylist wasn't feeling well and was coughing, attributed it to allergies.
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Apperently that's what urgent care or er told her.
Yeah, it’s kind of sad that it seems like that part is being left out. I can definitely see this being the case. The urgent care I did my “tele-visit” with just had me fill out a questionnaire that I said I had a sore throat occasionally and a low grade fever that was not over 100.4. They sent me a work release to go back to work in 2 days and said it was a sinus infection that should go away with some allergy medicine and ibuprofen. Sounds like the hairdresser could have followed the steps correctly and it sounds like great clips did as well. Judging by some of the reactions on the Springfield-Greene county health Facebook page I’d say cox urgent care clinic should be getting most of the blame for this.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:04 AM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Yeah, it’s kind of sad that it seems like that part is being left out. I can definitely see this being the case. The urgent care I did my “tele-visit” with just had me fill out a questionnaire that I said I had a sore throat occasionally and a low grade fever that was not over 100.4. They sent me a work release to go back to work in 2 days and said it was a sinus infection that should go away with some allergy medicine and ibuprofen. Sounds like the hairdresser could have followed the steps correctly and it sounds like great clips did as well. Judging by some of the reactions on the Springfield-Greene county health Facebook page I’d say cox urgent care clinic should be getting most of the blame for this.
It is going to be hard to diagnose mild covid symptoms during allergy season even harder over the phone/tele-visit. We don't want to overcall everything either(people missing 2 weeks of work for hay fever) which why masks might be helpful, in this cases sounds she wore masks which hopefully mitigated some of the damage.

If the allergy meds don't help you can maybe question it more but not everybody goes to the doctor for allergies or even takes meds if allergies are mild.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:09 PM 05-25-2020
So anyone see the CDC new numbers.... just saying...
[Reply]
kcxiv 12:11 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
It is going to be hard to diagnose mild covid symptoms during allergy season even harder over the phone/tele-visit. We don't want to overcall everything either(people missing 2 weeks of work for hay fever) which why masks might be helpful, in this cases sounds she wore masks which hopefully mitigated some of the damage.

If the allergy meds don't help you can maybe question it more but not everybody goes to the doctor for allergies or even takes meds if allergies are mild.
i have year around allergies, during different times of the year, they flare up worse then other times, but even me being on medication it only does so much. Its hard to seperate being sick or them acting up.
[Reply]
Otter 12:29 PM 05-25-2020

medical professional dealing with an unruly patient trying to remove his mask
(andresantosvet IG) pic.twitter.com/TNRlZhUu1D

— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) May 23, 2020

[Reply]
cdcox 12:30 PM 05-25-2020
We need the testing capacity to distinguish allergies and colds from COVID-19. Otherwise we are flying blind.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:46 PM 05-25-2020
Hydroxychloroquine: WHO suspends clinical trial of drug over safety fears

The move comes after a study published in the The Lancet medical journal said that the use of the drug increased the risk of death by 34 per cent and a 137 per cent increased risk of serious heart arrhythmias.

The same study concluded that patients receiving hydroxychloroquine and an antibiotic faced a 45 per cent increased risk of death and a 411 per cent increased risk of serious heart arrhythmias.

Mr Ghebreyesus emphasised that the concerns about the drug relate only to its use to treat Covid-19, and that both hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are accepted as generally safe for use in patients with autoimmune diseases or malaria.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:58 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
What CDC numbers?
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 01:02 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Anything remarkable?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:17 PM 05-25-2020
There were 473 new cases in PA Sunday... Lowest number in two-months... Weekend numbers tend to be lower though as we all know. Still a great sign. Time to keep up with social distancing measures and beat this fucking virus to the ground.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...al-tops-68000/
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:33 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Kidd Lex:
Anything remarkable?
Yep, but some in here won’t like what they say....
[Reply]
Page 2215 of 3903
« First < 1215171521152165220522112212221322142215 221622172218221922252265231527153215 > Last »
Up