ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 157 of 162
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:41 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
NE doesn’t have a single actual pass rusher. They can’t generate pressure on anyone regardless of how many they send. Kind of like TEN.
Except they were able to do it against KC.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:59 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I have never seen such worried, insecure fans of a 14-1 team with the best QB in the NFL before. :-)
I’m sure this is what cocky Ravens fans were saying last year.

Unless the Chiefs are at their best, this will probably be much tougher than last year.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:04 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I’m sure this is what cocky Ravens fans were saying last year.

Unless the Chiefs are at their best, this will probably be much tougher than last year.
Last year the Chiefs played like shit to start each game. They don’t even have to better if they’ll quit fucking around out the gate. Comeback heroics are nice, but i’d prefer solid football and not having to come back to begin with.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:06 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The media is going to be hyping another AFC team as the hot squad who will dethrone the Chiefs. This is exactly where we want to be.

The Chiefs respond well in these instances.
Yeah, I was thinking of that as a potential blessing in disguise. Having that extra motivation can be huge.

Another silver lining is the defense has been really solid overall the last few weeks. Forcing a lot more three and outs and getting pressure. Around the time of the last Raiders game, I was worried that they were returning to Sutton level D.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:07 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Except they were able to do it against KC.
Really? I don’t remember them getting to Patrick a lot. But who did we have playing OL? Don’t remember exactly who we had on the field either.

But can you tell me who their best EDGE is?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:08 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Last year the Chiefs played like shit to start each game. They don’t even have to better if they’ll quit ****ing around out the gate. Comeback heroics are nice, but i’d prefer solid football and not having to come back to begin with.
Unless there are upsets, I think they’ll see a tougher opponent than last year in every round.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:16 AM 12-29-2020
Really? I don’t remember them getting to Patrick a lot. But who did we have playing OL? Don’t remember exactly who we had on the field either.

But can you tell me who their best EDGE is?
That’s kind of the point. They were getting some pressure on him with 3-man rush featuring a bunch of nobodies. Here’s an example.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wkAYvTtFFAc
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:30 AM 12-29-2020
That’s kind of the point. They were getting some pressure on him with 3-man rush featuring a bunch of nobodies. Here’s an example.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wkAYvTtFFAc
Meh. On my phone so can’t tell who we’ve got on OL other than Fish who obviously gives up the sack. But didn’t we start like two new scrubs in that game?

And didn’t KC basically dominate NE that day? Feel like we had a 2 score lead for most of that one.

Plus, wasn’t that like week 4?
[Reply]
DRM08 12:34 AM 12-29-2020
Meh. On my phone so can’t tell who we’ve got on OL other than Fish who obviously gives up the sack. But didn’t we start like two new scrubs in that game?

And didn’t KC basically dominate NE that day? Feel like we had a 2 score lead for most of that one.

Plus, wasn’t that like week 4?
Depends on your definition of dominate. KC took control in the 2nd half, but it was pretty ugly for a huge chunk of the game. The video I posted was a pretty lucky play for KC. Dodged a potential TD return by the Patriots when the refs blew the whistle too early.
[Reply]
Azide22 12:40 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The beauty of the 1 seed (besides the bye and HFA) is that we only have to play the Steelers or Bills and not both.

I think we can be a bit sloppy from a long rest and still take care of the Colts, Ravens, Titans, Dolphins, or Browns in the Divisional Round.

I’m hoping we see the Steelers in the AFCCG. Their bye was week 4. They’ll be beat to shit and traveling to play a team that’s more talented than them AND playing their second game off a bye.
A really important point here IMO. Really seeds 2 through 6 are guaranteed to be pretty good. 7 will be as long as its not Miami, and I'd argue against that too if they just play their better QB. I mean, you're a bleeping playing team - play your best guy!

Anyway, everyone else has to play 3 times among this set. Chiefs only 2. (Before SB). Thats a real advantage.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:41 AM 12-29-2020
Depends on your definition of dominate. KC took control in the 2nd half, but it was pretty ugly for a huge chunk of the game. The video I posted was a pretty lucky play for KC. Dodged a potential TD return by the Patriots when the refs blew the whistle too early.
Well, didn’t we limit them to 10 points? And hold a 15 point lead or something? That’s a dominant win? No?

I recall that NE played pretty good defense for awhile, but they never did anything on offense? They were in it for about a quarter I think?
Maybe I’m thinking of a different game …
[Reply]
Azide22 12:47 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
I would have agreed before last night. The Titans were pathetic, and everybody can still use the same formula to beat them. Slow Henry down and force RT to beat you. You might give up a big play here and there while you spend the first half slowing Henry, but Vrabel will panic and start to air the ball out and lose.

I don't know how they have 10 wins. I haven't watched them at all this year, but those 10 wins have to be a mirage or something.
Well Titams actually had scored one more point than Chiefs coming in to this week. Their defense sure struggles - which I think is their biggest issue.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:52 AM 12-29-2020
Well, didn’t we limit them to 10 points? And hold a 15 point lead or something? That’s a dominant win? No?

I recall that NE played pretty good defense for awhile, but they never did anything on offense? They were in it for about a quarter I think?
Maybe I’m thinking of a different game …
Game was 6-3 at halftime. New England had Hoyer at QB and he was one of the most important players on the field for the Chiefs. The Patriots had a chance to take the lead at the end of the first half, and Hoyer blew it in the red zone. He did it again in the red zone in the 3rd quarter as well.
[Reply]
Azide22 12:56 AM 12-29-2020
Here's my point:

"Point diff" doesn't account for if and how a team improves/deteriorates over the season, or how/when that happens.

Again, using the Chiefs as the example: if you look at the Chiefs 2019 defensively over the whole season, we were one of the worst defenses in the league, and just about the worst run defense by week 17.

But the reality was that the defense wasm only really bad against the run through the first 8 weeks or so, and okay against the pass, until about week 11, with a few games after about week 5 (DEN) where they kind of had peaks and valleys, right? It wasn't until week 11 that they kind of settled in and became a consistently good unit both against the pass and the run.

But how many trolls came in here week after week and through the playoffs telling us just how their team was going to run roughshod over our defense? And how many times did it actually happen in the playoffs? Oh yeah, the answer turned out to be 'none.' In fact, our "31st ranked run defense" stoned both the best running attack (TEN) in the league, as well as the "2nd-best running attack in the league (SFO)," in back-to-back games to win a SB. Did those two teams just shit the bed against a truly bad run defense, or did our defense evolve into a pretty good run defense?

So while PD might tell some overarching general story about a team's scoring, it doesn't say much about how/when/improvement/deterioration/etc. trends over the season. it just says what they did in sum. How useful that is I guess depends on how closely you want to look at a team, and how much you care about whether they are trending one way or another.
Can we surmise from what you say here that the Chiefs much weaker PD later this season are then reasons to worry that we aren't as good as we head ro playoffs?
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:56 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:

I don't know how they have 10 wins. I haven't watched them at all this year, but those 10 wins have to be a mirage or something.
Not to butt in, but the Titans have only played like three or four decent teams this year. Every other team they played have records below .500. And they still manage to lose to the likes of Cleveland and Cincinnati.
[Reply]
Page 157 of 162
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161 > Last »
Up