ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 150 of 162
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:51 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, it's just so tough to figure out until a team has at least proven they can hang with the very few teams who you know without a doubt will be playing in late January.

The two Chiefs/Patriots game in 2018 basically did it for me... of course close doesn't count, but knowing they went to Foxborough and took it down to the wire and then competed with them until the end of the AFCCG was leaps and bounds better than anything they had done in decades, IMO.... even better than beating the Colts in the playoffs.

And even if the Browns or Bills beat the Ravens.... WTF have the Ravens done of any significance? And beating the Steelers certainly doesn't seem to carry much weight right now.

The Browns might erase some demons by beating a limping Steelers team, much like the Chiefs erased demons by beating the Colts... but, meh? Their only true test at the moment is at least competing with the Chiefs, just like the Chiefs' only true test in the past couple seasons outside of the Super Bowl was to at least compete with the Patriots.

And as a fan base who lived on a hope and a prayer for decades, we know a thing about hoping in one hand and shitting in the other.
Exactly.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 02:24 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Sooo, when Mahomes threw that pick against NE in 2018, after bringing KC back to tie it late in the game, and then take the lead, but ended up with a L, that was MAHOMES shitting the bed?

Or in the AFCCG, same deal? Patrick shit the bed?

You normally have some very good takes....but there is a lot wrong with this comparison:

First off: Yes, I think Pat shit the bed in both 1st halves against the Pats in 2018, but now that it is out of the way....(BTW: Both of Pat's INTs in that game were in the first half, and 0 picks in the AFCCG in 2018....)

1. You do realize that the first Pats game of 2018 was in Week 6 of 2018....Pat Mahomes seventh start of his NFL career....and the AFCCG was Pat 2nd playoff game ever, in his first season of starting....Start number 18 overall....Baker is in his 3rd year....he's not a "noob" anymore, he's a veteran....

2. You also realize that the Pats had gone to the prior two Super Bowls in 2016 and 2017, winning one and losing one). It wasn't some scrub team he was playing.....What have the 2020 Ravens that Baker lost to done to compare? I'll tell you what: As of now, they're not even a playoff team, and they had lost 3 out of the prior 4 games prior to that game, while the "hot" Browns had won 4 in a row, including the Tits game the week before.....total apples and oranges....

3. You also realize that the Pats ultimately won the Super Bowl in 2018 as well right. Again, compare to the 2020 Ravens.....

4. You realize my point is that Baker tends to shit the bed at the most inopportune times. I would most certainly call an INT that directly led to points right before the start of the 4th quarter in a tight game that the Browns lost as "shitting the bed", regardless of who threw it. Particularly since the Browns scored on their previous possession to cut into the lead, then forced a Raven punt....That was the drive to get them back in the game before the 4Q started.....Browns had all the momentum, fans were going crazy.....INT!

5. You realize Pat has won 41 out of 50 starts, has won an MVP, is in line for a second MVP, and has a SB MVP to boot. Again, he's proven that he wins when he needs to.....what has Baker done?

I mean, if you want to live / die on the Baker hill, I don't understand why the Ravens game that he lost is the one you want to die on....and to use Pat Mahomes as some type of comparison is silly really....
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:37 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sorry man, I live in Vikings country. I know exactly who Stefanski is and what he's good at. You know how many playoff games they've won up there since Cousins came to town?

Exactly.

You're letting your emotions cloud your judgement here.
In the end they had to win games with Kirk Cousins. Just as we could only manage one win with Alex Smith despite having a much much more superior team. Minnesota had a better D but man, the browns run offense is as elite. I think you're letting the Chiefs dominance cloud your judgment. Are the browns super bowl contenders? No. Are they every bit as good as the early Reid years chiefs, the mariota titans, or the vikings or your typical wild cards? Yes. They will steal a playoff win or at lease come close if their D gets pretty healthy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:58 PM 12-24-2020
Damn sux to be them :-)

Even JuJu has gone tits up.

Man, where did this dude gopic.twitter.com/X7Z4GCXTPf

— Ian Hartitz (@Ihartitz) December 23, 2020

[Reply]
Megatron96 03:00 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
You normally have some very good takes....but there is a lot wrong with this comparison:

First off: Yes, I think Pat shit the bed in both 1st halves against the Pats in 2018, but now that it is out of the way....(BTW: Both of Pat's INTs in that game were in the first half, and 0 picks in the AFCCG in 2018....)

1. You do realize that the first Pats game of 2018 was in Week 6 of 2018....Pat Mahomes seventh start of his NFL career....and the AFCCG was Pat 2nd playoff game ever, in his first season of starting....Start number 18 overall....Baker is in his 3rd year....he's not a "noob" anymore, he's a veteran....

2. You also realize that the Pats had gone to the prior two Super Bowls in 2016 and 2017, winning one and losing one). It wasn't some scrub team he was playing.....What have the 2020 Ravens that Baker lost to done to compare? I'll tell you what: As of now, they're not even a playoff team, and they had lost 3 out of the prior 4 games prior to that game, while the "hot" Browns had won 4 in a row, including the Tits game the week before.....total apples and oranges....

3. You also realize that the Pats ultimately won the Super Bowl in 2018 as well right. Again, compare to the 2020 Ravens.....

4. You realize my point is that Baker tends to shit the bed at the most inopportune times. I would most certainly call an INT that directly led to points right before the start of the 4th quarter in a tight game that the Browns lost as "shitting the bed", regardless of who threw it. Particularly since the Browns scored on their previous possession to cut into the lead, then forced a Raven punt....That was the drive to get them back in the game before the 4Q started.....Browns had all the momentum, fans were going crazy.....INT!

5. You realize Pat has won 41 out of 50 starts, has won an MVP, is in line for a second MVP, and has a SB MVP to boot. Again, he's proven that he wins when he needs to.....what has Baker done?

I mean, if you want to live / die on the Baker hill, I don't understand why the Ravens game that he lost is the one you want to die on....and to use Pat Mahomes as some type of comparison is silly really....
Okay, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then, because I never thought of Patrick's performances in those games as "shitting the bed." I saw it as a young QB struggling against a very good secondary, as ALL young QBs tend to do against Beilichick's defenses.

And for Baker, BAL's defense is a similar kind of mountain he's had to climb. And never got it until a couple weeks ago. In fact, in any previous game, you could expect Baker to meltdown after throwing that pick late in the game.

But instead he played the rest of the game as if that INT never happened. And he didn't rely on his run game, or the PA either. Check the play-by-play; Baker actually led CLE from the pocket, mostly without PA. Something that's been the weakest part of his game, until that night.

That shows growth, and some promise.

But even if we say that Baker "shit the bed" with that INT, how then do you explain what he did to finish the game? 22 points, 2 passing TDs and a rushing TD. A nearly perfect QBR/P-rtg. About 80% completion percentage.

That's the exact opposite of shitting the bed. That's playing the position at just about the highest level possible.

Just sayin'.
[Reply]
diqlix 02:55 PM 12-27-2020
I have to admit, you guys were right.

KC is clearly unstoppable.

The way that they throttled a 4-10 Atlanta team was amazing.

Amazing how Mahomes never throws INT’s in the redzone or would-have-been game-over INT’s that are dropped. Only Allen does that.

Bills stand no chance.
[Reply]
notorious 03:32 PM 12-27-2020
Cleveland Frowns. :-)
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:34 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:

Amazing how Mahomes never throws INT’s in the redzone or would-have-been game-over INT’s that are dropped. Only Allen does that.

Bills stand no chance.
I'm gonna laugh my ass of when the Ravens get the 7 seed and end your season in 2 weeks.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:37 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
I'm gonna laugh my ass of when the Ravens get the 7 seed and end your season in 2 weeks.
:-)

That dipstick wants to grab onto one bad performance by Mahomes and point at it like it's some kind of trend. And conveniently forget that Josh has repeatedly shit down his legs over the entirety of his career in big games, most especially in the playoffs.

[Reply]
tredadda 03:38 PM 12-27-2020

Bills stand no chance.
Yet they keep winning. Last I checked they were 23-1 their last 24 with a SB win and a win over the vaunted Buffalo Bills....in Buffalo. Get back to us when your Bills can claim anything even close to that.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:43 PM 12-27-2020

That dipstick wants to grab onto one bad performance by Mahomes and point at it like it's some kind of trend. And conveniently forget that Josh has repeatedly shit down his legs over the entirety of his career in big games, most especially in the playoffs.

Yeah, thought he was here for more than just trolling... guess he fooled me!
[Reply]
diqlix 03:51 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Yet they keep winning. Last I checked they were 23-1 their last 24 with a SB win and a win over the vaunted Buffalo Bills....in Buffalo. Get back to us when your Bills can claim anything even close to that.
As I said, amazing.

Just a little good hearted teasing :-)
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 03:52 PM 12-27-2020

Exactly....Josh Allen has a game like that, the Bills probably lose by 2 scores....
[Reply]
diqlix 03:52 PM 12-27-2020

Oh stop, i’m just teasing.

My only point is that this is the NFL and anything is possible.

It was foolish for so many posters to say that there is no way Buffalo beats KC in the playoffs.

KC is a dropped INT away from losing to a very, very, very bad football team.

Anything is possible.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:58 PM 12-27-2020
Oh stop, i’m just teasing.

My only point is that this is the NFL and anything is possible.

It was foolish for so many posters to say that there is no way Buffalo beats KC in the playoffs.

KC is a dropped INT away from losing to a very, very, very bad football team.

Anything is possible.
Cool.

And what you're saying here is true. Though I don't believe that I ever said that BUF couldn't beat KC, just that it wasn't likely.

Right now, I'm just very, very confused as to what exactly happened in that game today. Probability-wise, it shouldn't have happened that way at all.

To be honest, our defense shouldn't have held ATL to just 14 points either. I had it figured at about 20 points. So basically the defense played above themselves as much as the offense shit the bed.

But considering historical precedent, I think we can just throw this game away as an outlier for the offense.
[Reply]
Page 150 of 162
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160 > Last »
Up