ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Whataburger expanding into the KC area
chinaski 05:57 PM 08-07-2020
Saw on Twitter. No bullshit. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 03:58 PM 11-11-2021
Is Whataburger going to be like Jack in the Box was,super hyped for a while,then hardly ever hear about it now.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:11 PM 11-11-2021
Feel most of these debates are individual franchise location driven or timing of visit.

One of the best fast food burgers I've had was at a McD's in Oak Grove, MO that I crushed going down 70 to get to STL in a hurry. Wouldn't even consider messing with a McD's around here.
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:27 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
Is Whataburger going to be like Jack in the Box was,super hyped for a while,then hardly ever hear about it now.
To be fair, how often do you hear about any fast food places? They kind of all are what they are, which is nothing if not unremarkable and not worthy of much conversation/attention.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 04:40 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
To be fair, how often do you hear about any fast food places? They kind of all are what they are, which is nothing if not unremarkable and not worthy of much conversation/attention.
Thats true.I just remember the lines out to the street to get to Jack in the Box,when they returned here to KC.And it was just cause of the newness factor.
[Reply]
Third Eye 04:44 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Feel most of these debates are individual franchise location driven or timing of visit.

One of the best fast food burgers I've had was at a McD's in Oak Grove, MO that I crushed going down 70 to get to STL in a hurry. Wouldn't even consider messing with a McD's around here.
Nostalgia is a lot of it too.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 04:45 PM 11-11-2021
What about Wahlburgers?
[Reply]
srvy 04:52 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
Whataburger is nothing like Jack in the Box. Probably closer to a Sonic Burger 40 years ago when they were good. I first had WAB working for clients on pipelines in Texass and Oklahomo when Pat Mahomes was dining on his mama's teet. I was instantly in awe it was delicious. Tasted just like Rays Big Burger that I grew up within the 60s in KC North.

Everyone has different tastes. I have traveled the country quite a lot for work had many different crew members over the years none ever had a bad word for WAB it was always a treat to us to be in their franchise area to enjoy. Now they are coming to KC and I couldn't be happier. My burger stops will be LC's and WAB. I have a Five Guys within a mile and a half but was bland ho-hum so don't give it much thought.

I will end with this thought. You hate Whataburger then you hate Patrick Mahomes who was big in them coming to KC. IF WAB fails in KC you have failed Patrick.

Thank about that you Commies :-)
[Reply]
HC_Chief 05:12 PM 11-11-2021
Whataburger needs to bring back their Chorizo Burger and Root Beer Shakes. DAMN those are good. They'll make you fat af, and kill you quick if you eat them often. As an occasional cheat day treat however, both are fantastic.

In'N Out burger is either really good or trash, depending on which one you go to. If the lines are crazy, both drive-thru and lobby, you've found a good one. When hot & fresh, animal style burgers and fries are killer.

Next time you go West try The Habit. Good stuff!
[Reply]
Pablo 05:14 PM 11-11-2021
Any of you guys ever try Marky Mark's burger place? There's another one nobody ever talks about.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 05:15 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Any of you guys ever try Marky Mark's burger place? There's another one nobody ever talks about.
Yeah, Wahlburgers. It's okay. The "Government Cheese" bit is pretty funny. Decent beer selection, GREAT adult shakes (think they call them "frappes") as well.

Speaking of adult shakes, Twisted Root is decent. Eclectic menu (burgers made from different animals). Only place I've seen those is TX
[Reply]
srvy 06:26 PM 11-11-2021
I've not but I know people that ate at the I think original in Massachusetts. They say it's pretty good more of a restaurant than a burger joint. A single burger with cheese I believe was 10 bucks don't know if it came with fries and drink. Some of the OP Kansas crew at the office say there is one in a Hyvee in OP.

I caught the special Aldi sale this last summer on Whalburger bacon sausage and buffalo burger. None were anything to eww and ahh over. Bacon was on par with Oscar Mayer. The buff burger was sweet like all buff burger. I didn't like the link sausage had a weird spice to it. One thing in common it was all super expensive like twice you would pay for similar quality in Hyvee.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:36 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
I've not but I know people that ate at the I think original in Massachusetts. They say it's pretty good more of a restaurant than a burger joint. A single burger with cheese I believe was 10 bucks don't know if it came with fries and drink. Some of the OP Kansas crew at the office say there is one in a Hyvee in OP.

I caught the special Aldi sale this last summer on Whalburger bacon sausage and buffalo burger. None were anything to eww and ahh over. Bacon was on par with Oscar Mayer. The buff burger was sweet like all buff burger. I didn't like the link sausage had a weird spice to it. One thing in common it was all super expensive like twice you would pay for similar quality in Hyvee.
I only asked because I was out on Monday and had to make an emergency pitstop at the HyVee on 40Hwy in Independence and noticed they had a Walhburger's sign up along with the Starbucks one. That's an interesting partnership, guessing they can't afford to run their Hyvee Grille space so they're transitioning to retail clients.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:40 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Count me as someone who was also disappointed in In N Out the first and only time I had it last year. Freddy’s is the best in my opinion.
Freddie's sucks and Culvers can get fucked a long with Freddies.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:42 PM 11-11-2021
The Wahlburger pickles that Aldi carries at times are the best pickles.
[Reply]
srvy 06:50 PM 11-11-2021
I only asked because I was out on Monday and had to make an emergency pitstop at the HyVee on 40Hwy in Independence and noticed they had a Walhburger's sign up along with the Starbucks one. That's an interesting partnership, guessing they can't afford to run their Hyvee Grille space so they're transitioning to retail clients.
Yeah I wondered about this also. The Hyvee cafe was good at N.Oak and Englewood. Wonder if its going that way too.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up