ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>D. Williams thread
chop 06:42 PM 01-17-2021
D. Williams did a good job today making Cleveland have to respect the run. Solid game for him so I made a thread just for him. I think he had 6 yard a carry average.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:49 PM 11-07-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I like him in short yardage situations, but he's a 3rd string RB on any decent squad (which we were up until this year).

We shouldn't be relying on a guy with his talent, or lack thereof, as much as we are.
Why do you like him in short yardage situations? Honestly.

Look how he got absolutely blown the fuck up at the goal line. The dude gets spun around by off balance arm tackles. He's not a good RB. He's fucking garbage.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:51 PM 11-07-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:

Look how he got absolutely blown the **** up at the goal line. The dude gets spun around by off balance arm tackles. He's not a good RB. He's ****ing garbage.
Maybe the OL is garbage
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:51 PM 11-07-2021
So very average. We need Clyde back.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:51 PM 11-07-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Maybe the OL is garbage
The same OL blocks for CEH and Gore. Neither one of those guys run for less than 4 YPC.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:52 PM 11-07-2021

Look how he got absolutely blown the fuck up at the goal line. The dude gets spun around by off balance arm tackles. He's not a good RB. He's fucking garbage.
Those short yardage situations have more to do with the OL than anything. If you're expecting a RB to bowl over a 250 LB who's crashing into the hole, you're not going to be happy with anyone outside of Derrick Henry.

What's important is, Darrel gets that's 3rd and 1 or 2 more frequently than he doesn't.
[Reply]
Sorce 06:53 PM 11-07-2021
That screen pass where he got caught from behind he looked so slow.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:53 PM 11-07-2021
Those short yardage situations have more to do with the OL than anything. If you're expecting a RB to bowl over a 250 LB who's crashing into the hole, you're not going to be happy with anyone outside of Derrick Henry.

What's important is, Darrel gets that's 3rd and 1 or 2 more frequently than he doesn't.
Any god damn RB could pick up 1 or 2 yards more frequently than they dont. Especially if you are going to sit there and put the responsibility on the OL like you just did.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:00 PM 11-07-2021
How about giving gore the ball
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:08 PM 11-07-2021
Any god damn RB could pick up 1 or 2 yards more frequently than they dont. Especially if you are going to sit there and put the responsibility on the OL like you just did.

No RB can create something from nothing in those situations.

What’s important from a short-yardage back is a guy who commits, doesn’t hesitate, size helps so they can power through if possible or just fall forward through arm tackles for the first, and doesn’t fumble the ball. Darrel fits that bill so why wouldn’t I like him in short yardage situations?

You’re upset about a couple goal-line carries we weren’t able to punch in, but they both seemed like better defense than crappy RB play.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:10 PM 11-07-2021
DWill is a grinder, its good to have him around... but he isn't the answer

Not sure Gore is either for that matter, yet

2022 outlook is

D line
Receiver
Explosive RB
[Reply]
wachashi 07:10 PM 11-07-2021
It would be really great if he could run faster.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:11 PM 11-07-2021
You’re upset about a couple goal-line carries we weren’t able to punch in, but they both seemed like better defense than crappy RB play.
I'm not upset about anything.

I'm stating the obvious when I say Darrel Williams is a garbage RB.

The only thing that upsets me is that he is somehow the fucking starting RB, temporarily.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:15 PM 11-07-2021
I'm not upset about anything.

I'm stating the obvious when I say Darrel Williams is a garbage RB.

The only thing that upsets me is that he is somehow the fucking starting RB, temporarily.

It is annoying. Running backs are a dime a dozen. It should not be this hard to find a decent back WITH SOME SPEED. We have to have to slowest RB room in the entire league.

Plus we easily could have held on to Damien Williams.
[Reply]
TEX 07:20 PM 11-07-2021
It is annoying. Running backs are a dime a dozen. It should not be this hard to find a decent back WITH SOME SPEED. We have to have to slowest RB room in the entire league.

Plus we easily could have held on to Damien Williams.
So much this. Not one of them is any kind of a threat. Defenses know that. This offense doesn't need a back like Charles or Hunt , though that sure would be nice. All we need is a RB of Damien's caliber, who was more of a factor in the passing game, and could break a long run on occasion.
[Reply]
TEX 07:21 PM 11-07-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
DWill is a grinder, its good to have him around... but he isn't the answer

Not sure Gore is either for that matter, yet

2022 outlook is

D line
Receiver
Explosive RB
All our RB's are JAGS.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10