ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 48
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
BigRichard 09:53 AM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by JD10367:
The only people complaining about Larson's politics are the same swinging dicks who are mad that CM is a woman, or that she doesn't smile, or that her costume isn't skimpy enough. Marvel clearly DGAF about those people's opinions or else they wouldn't have gone in this direction to begin with. They clearly think that for every one misogynist who boycotts the film, two women will show up.

This movie will do great or crappy depending upon how good a film it is, nothing more, nothing less. What, you don't think racists skipped "Black Panther"? That film seemed to do okay. You don't think sexists skipped "Wonder Woman"? Ditto. On the other hand, the SJW issues didn't hurt the new SW films; the fact that both TFA and TLJ sucked donkey balls did.

[Reply]
FAX 09:07 AM 02-25-2019
Misogyny among the nerd class appears to be rampant. It's understandable, I suppose. Goofy dudes who have been rejected by girls all their lives can't be expected to appreciate, admire and respect women.

What I don't get is the idea that you can "rate" or "review" a movie that you've never seen. That is bizarre and transparently stupid.

Personally, I look at it like this; Marvel deserves the benefit of the doubt. They aren't perfect and have whiffed on a couple, but for the most part, they have elevated the genre and created something historic in film. I wish we could start all over with Iron Man 1 and RDJ, but we can't. From this point forward, it's about something new and I'm all in. Marvel is a guaranteed presale ticket (or 3) from me. I never thought I'd see anything like this in my lifetime. When I sit back and think about it, I realize that I'm grateful.

FAX
[Reply]
007 05:32 AM 02-26-2019
Guess it got review bombed by users on Rotten Tomatoes. Thats funny.
[Reply]
FAX 06:51 AM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Guess it got review bombed by users on Rotten Tomatoes. Thats funny.
And about 30 people have "screened" the movie.

Captain Marvel has proven that ESP and Directed Astral Projection is prevalent in the nerd class. That's some superhero level stuff, right there.

FAX
[Reply]
Fish 10:17 AM 02-26-2019
LOL... Rotten Tomatoes has now disabled user reviews for all new releases, because of the negativity toward Captain Marvel.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:24 AM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
LOL... Rotten Tomatoes has now disabled user reviews for all new releases, because of the negativity toward Captain Marvel.
I've always thought it was weird they allowed early reviews in the first place.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:13 PM 02-26-2019
No, they haven't...
Originally Posted by :
“We are disabling the comment function prior to a movie’s release date. Unfortunately, we have seen an uptick in non-constructive input, sometimes bordering on trolling, which we believe is a disservice to our general readership. We have decided that turning off this feature for now is the best course of action. Don’t worry though, fans will still get to have their say: Once a movie is released, audiences can leave a user rating and comments as they always have.”

[Reply]
FAX 02:24 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
No, they haven't...
That's a sensible response by the Rottens. Who'da thunk it?

FAX
[Reply]
Fish 02:31 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
No, they haven't...
I'm not sure what you mean. Your quote confirms the removal. They removed comments as well as the "Want to see" percentage.

Originally Posted by :
As of Feb. 25, the reviews-aggregation site is no longer displaying the “Want to See” percentage score for a movie during its pre-release period. In addition, Rotten Tomatoes has disabled the ability for users to post comments prior to a movie’s release date.

https://variety.com/2019/digital/new...ts-1203149802/

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:04 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
That's a sensible response by the Rottens. Who'da thunk it?

FAX
What they did was stupid.

I'm not sure what you mean. Your quote confirms the removal. They removed comments as well as the "Want to see" percentage.
They didn't remove user reviews, which is what you had originally claimed and he had responded to:

They removed the "want to see" and the comments. It's stupidity on their part, but not the first time they have done things to block negative or potentially negative input about major releases.
[Reply]
FAX 04:23 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:

They didn't remove user reviews, which is what you had originally claimed and he had responded to:

They removed the "want to see" and the comments. It's stupidity on their part, but not the first time has done things to block negative or potentially negative input about major releases.
Perhaps we're talking about two different things.

A lot of movie-goers use the "want to see" rating as an early indicator of a movie's potential. I don't think that's an arguable point.

In other news, the movie has been review-bombed on Google and a variety of other social media platforms. Reviewed before seeing the movie? That is absurd no matter what the movie is or might be.

Common sense will tell you that a Marvel movie (especially one that has a direct impact on the next Avengers film) isn't very likely to have a "want to see" rating well below 50%. None of them ever have, so why this one?

2 + 2, my friend. Review bombed all over the interweb and a "want to see" rating dramatically below reasonable expectations.

It makes perfect sense for the Rottens to pull the plug on activity until the bizarre bombers find something else to bitch about.

FAX
[Reply]
Fish 04:24 PM 02-26-2019

They removed the "want to see" and the comments. It's stupidity on their part, but not the first time they have done things to block negative or potentially negative input about major releases.
LOL ok then.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:31 PM 02-26-2019

A lot of the trend started because people trolled Amy Schumer years ago without having seen her stand up special. I watched it, hated it, and thumbs downed it. But that's different from trolling. It defeats the whole purpose for anyone legitimately wanting to know about a movie.

It's clear what behavior they're trying to block. The sample is flawed. It would be like measuring the success of an Elway documentary because you aired it in Kansas city. You know trolls would rush out in droves to down vote it without knowing anything about the movie. Which would be funny for us. But if you're a casual eagles fan wanting to hear from sports fans about whether it's worth watching, it's totally unhelpful.

I mean... I think this movie looks boring. But I want to hear legitimately without the politics on either side if it's actually worth my time.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:32 AM 02-26-2019
I'm not iffy on the movie because of her comments in the media or the fact that she's a female superhero. I'm iffy on the movie because every trailer I've seen so far has been the definition of meh. I don't even think that Samuel L Jackson looks good in these trailers. It's just weird.

I'll probably see it because my oldest twin daughter wants to see it but it might just wait until I can rent it.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:04 PM 02-26-2019
I just think shes a VERY horrible actress....almost as bad as Megan Fox
[Reply]
Page 12 of 48
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up