ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 301
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:13 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Oh yeah. People would just absolutely love paying $20+ parking in the H&R Block / Convention Center / any garage several blocks away from a stadium where the average ticket goes for $50 for a 2-8 ball club.
You walk several blocks in the K’s lot, too.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:35 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It’s been less than 2 days and I’m already tired of the sophomoric jokes about Lovelady.
I usually like the Border Patrol, but St. John has driven that joke six feet into the ground (as he did with Doug Fister and Brooks Pounders). It's been around for two years. Plus, he goes by Richard, not Dick. Are we going to get that EVERY DAY -- when he pitches, and when he doesn't ("Why didn't they whip out their Dick ... Lovelady in the 8th LULZ")?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:39 AM 04-10-2019
If you didn’t giggle at least a little bit when the Fister-Furbush deal went down, you’re lying or lame.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:49 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I usually like the Border Patrol, but St. John has driven that joke six feet into the ground (as he did with Doug Fister and Brooks Pounders). It's been around for two years. Plus, he goes by Richard, not Dick. Are we going to get that EVERY DAY -- when he pitches, and when he doesn't ("Why didn't they whip out their Dick ... Lovelady in the 8th LULZ")?
I think you might want to put some earmuffs on because those jokes aren't going away any time soon, from the Border Patrol or anywhere else.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:13 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
KC has grown they are a few years removed off a championship. KC is a pretty dead town during the week. SKC for example kills it attendance.

Of course winning helps but the Royals need to take a look into things IE: ticket prices, concessions, parking, etc.
I'm not disputing that attendance should be a concern. It's PB's schtick to find something to bitch about every year and then bitch about it incessantly. Last year it was his Alshittys takes.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:50 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
That's a great take from the late 90's and the Aughts. But the appeal of downtown ballparks is waning. The K is fine. The ROI for building a downtown ballpark simply is not there. It would be financially dumb at this point. This is a money-grab. Anyone that tries to tell you different within Jackson CO. or KCMO is lying or truly delusional about the effects of such a project.
I don't think anybody is questioning the stadium itself, but the location could certainly be improved. I'll leave it at that, I don't want to get into the ping-pong arguments.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:53 AM 04-10-2019
FYI Gordon not playing today. Gore will be in LF. I guess Yost decided to bench our hottest hitter just cuz
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:58 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Paraphrasing a lot here:

Q: What did you say to Whit after [the record tying] hit?

A: [blatantly sarcastic] "Great job?" I mean what do you want me to say? We're gonna say the same thing regardless of who gets a hit.

The reporter sheepishly popped off with something about his question being "obvious" then Ned said something to the effect that there's a difference between tying a record and breaking it.
Standard fare for Ned. Ned's M.O. appears to be one where he generally treats the press like crap, probably because he has more challenging years than good years, and he would rather not be questioned at all.

Just my take, but I don't understand why people waste their time asking him anything, much less baseball related questions where the answers to the questions are obvious to anybody with a pulse. Like our bullpen and it being terrible!
[Reply]
Jerm 12:15 PM 04-10-2019
I really wonder why Yost came back to manage this team...I wonder if he's aleady regretting it.

I also wonder why the Royals brought him back...seemed like a perfect time to break it off and start fresh with a new voice.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:17 PM 04-10-2019
I didn't get to see the game last night but just saw where Hamilton scored from 2nd base on a sacrifice fly .LOL. That's one fast motherfucker!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:18 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I really wonder why Yost came back to manage this team...I wonder if he's aleady regretting it.

I also wonder why the Royals brought him back...seem like a perfect time to break it off and start fresh with a new voice.
Ibanez please
[Reply]
DeepSouth 12:19 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
FYI Gordon not playing today. Gore will be in LF. I guess Yost decided to bench our hottest hitter just cuz
The Royals are facing a very good LHP. The entire Royals batting lineup for today is Right Handed.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:41 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Yet, somehow, that’s more creative/clever than POS humor on CP.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:44 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Thankfully, Owings is still in there.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 03:48 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
The Royals are facing a very good LHP. The entire Royals batting lineup for today is Right Handed.
So we finally get to see Chris Owings??!
[Reply]
Page 26 of 301
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up