ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 237
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2016/2017 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:22 PM 04-07-2016
Now with 800% more crapshoot!

Roster:

Spoiler!

SCHEDULE

Spoiler!

Notable dates:

Late Night in the Phog
Oct 1 6:30 PM
Allen Fieldhouse
Students enter at 4:30PM, general public at 5:00 PM

Champions Classic:
Nov 15, 2016 - Madison Square Garden. KU vs. Duke

CBE Hall of Fame Classic:
semis & finals at Sprint Center in KC.
Nov 21 - 22 (early games date & time ).

Armed Forces Classic
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickham, Hawai`i: Nov. 11 (ESPN)
Indiana vs. Kansas
Arizona vs. Michigan State

BIG 12/SEC CHALLENGE
Kansas vs. Kentucky
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
Jan 28, 2017

Let's go get Lucky 13. And a damn National Championship.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:38 AM 06-26-2016
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
Andrew White is a dick head
I thought he transferred?
[Reply]
TLO 01:57 PM 06-26-2016
FUCK DAFACE. FUCK THE MODS.

FREE HOOTIE, THIG LIFE, AND CLAY!
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 07:31 AM 07-01-2016
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/s...nsas/86592148/
[Reply]
Lzen 07:37 AM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/s...nsas/86592148/
Ok, so does this mean there's a chance he leaves for the NBA next and never plays a minuter for KU?
[Reply]
sedated 07:51 AM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Ok, so does this mean there's a chance he leaves for the NBA next and never plays a minuter for KU?
I don't see why, he wasn't going to be drafted after last year so why would his stock go up enough to be drafted after sitting out a year?
[Reply]
Lzen 08:14 AM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by sedated:
I don't see why, he wasn't going to be drafted after last year so why would his stock go up enough to be drafted after sitting out a year?
Every draft class is different. Perhaps there wouldn't be as much competition for him and/or his position. I agree that it's a slim chance that would happen but you never know.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 08:41 AM 07-01-2016
Lot of things working against that scenario. The 17 draft class is forecasted to be a strong one, especially at the point guard position. That's the position Malik needs to grow into, at least our combo guard version of it. In addition to not grading well at the combine, one of the comments about him is that he did not dominate at the college level and needs to prove he can. Its difficult to do that just in the practice gym although scouts will see him more at KU because Jackson will draw a lot of interest this year. If Malik were a freak athlete like Diallo he might get considered on that alone, but he's not in that class (he's good, just not a freak). Plus, that "athlete" exception works better for big men than it does guards because they want to see them handle the ball and make good decisions in game time.

If he does somehow leave, I don't see the real downside. He's not going to scare off a true point guard prospect like Trae Young. He gives great scout team presence for the team this year (and we still have a scholarship to give), and if he does go, that scholarship opens up, probably for another transfer candidate. So, there's not really a lot of downside to this.
[Reply]
sedated 09:57 AM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Every draft class is different. Perhaps there wouldn't be as much competition for him and/or his position. I agree that it's a slim chance that would happen but you never know.
That rumor appears to be from one guy on twatter trying to make a name for himself. I wouldn't put much stock into it. If Newman was coming off an injury after being projected top 5 or something, then it might be something to worry about.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:05 AM 07-01-2016
Funny. The #8 recruit from last year comes to KU and I don't even care. He isn't necessary but he's a nice pickup obv. He is a major ball hog from what I remember at the all star games.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:19 AM 07-01-2016
So, after Frank Mason graduates, we will have a 6'3 top ten prospect who has spent an entire year practicing and learning the system. He'll be 21 years old and a sophomore.

That... is good news.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 07:39 AM 07-02-2016
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Funny. The #8 recruit from last year comes to KU and I don't even care. He isn't necessary but he's a nice pickup obv. He is a major ball hog from what I remember at the all star games.
I have no clue what you mean by "isn't necessary". By the time he's eligible, we could have a depleted backcourt. Mason will be gone, Graham could be. Svi could be. Vick will likely be there, then we're depending on Freshman.

Why do people assume players don't grow as people and they are going to be the same person they were out of high school? I think Newman gets more grief because he was a top target for us and chose someone else initially.

There's not one thing he's said since choosing to come here that could be construed as negative. Ball hog? He was Top 5 recruit according to Self. Led his high school team to four strait championships. Attempted the impossible by making Mississippi St fans care about basketball. All Star game? Really? A showcase game is going to be how you lay judgement?

Thorton transfers because he's getting recruited over and everybody goes nuts over him. Newman transfers because he realizes Mississippi St isn't the place that develops elites into pros, tests the NBA process to see where he stands, chooses a school that will best help him, and your judgement is ball hog and unnecessary?

Its fandom like that that gives us a bad name. Did you actually go to the school or is this just your substitute NBA program? He's a frickin' Jayhawk now! Why don't we reserve our judgment for what he actually does and say as a Jayhawk. I could give crap what his perception was two years ago. At least you could have provided something more relevant like his college reputation. Self seems to think he is pretty "necessary".
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:00 AM 07-02-2016
He's a major talent that could pay significant dividends down the road after Mason leaves. Yeah, I'll take that.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:21 AM 07-02-2016
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade:
Graham could be.
Graham's draft prospects are good enough to leave early?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:47 AM 07-02-2016
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
He would have to be a true point guard, and even then he'd be a second round pick. May as well go out riding the lightning. Something Selden should have done.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 08:15 AM 07-03-2016
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
There's been talk, yes. Is it plausible right now? No. If he has a spectacular junior year? Could, depending on the strength of the draft class.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 237
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up