ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 47
« First < 303637383940 41424344 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018-2019 Royals Offseason Repository ***
dallaschiefsfan 07:24 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S:
I am just asking this out of curiosity, what are you basing this thought off of?
He has a real live arm...ball moves quite a bit. Basically, when he's on, his stuff is at least as good as Keller's and probably better. His flirting with the no-hitter last year showed what he can do. The key is whether he can make strides in consistency this season. If he doesn't, he'll just be another pitcher with great stuff that couldn't put it together. We will see.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 09:23 PM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
It's far from a playoff competing rotation...but I think you're under-selling Lopez. He has a great chance of being the breakout pitcher for us in 2019. After Lopez, it drops off the edge if it's Bailey...and I don't think Duffy will ever be anything more than average, at best. Not sure what to make of Fillmyer, yet.
Poof... Im at Salt River Fields tonight. Lopez gave up 6 runs after 2 innings. Good Luck with that. Good thing April in KC is typically cold & wet.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:12 PM 03-20-2019
Esky released by Orioles today.
So, he's available.

Yost::-)
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:38 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser:
Poof... Im at Salt River Fields tonight. Lopez gave up 6 runs after 2 innings. Good Luck with that. Good thing April in KC is typically cold & wet.
Wait. He throws well for 4 games in Arizona...but he loses his command in the game you happen to attend and he's all of a sudden no good? Great analysis. It was clear he couldn't put the ball where he wanted it last night. He paid the price for it against a team with a good offense. It happens. If he only has a poor-command game every 5th game during the regular season, sign me up.
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:26 PM 03-19-2019
kinda surprised boni got sent down.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:31 PM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
kinda surprised boni got sent down.

He hasn’t been good since getting busted for PEDs. This let’s them play Soler in the OF a little while letting Bonifacio get everyday ABs.
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:42 PM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He hasn’t been good since getting busted for PEDs. This let’s them play Soler in the OF a little while letting Bonifacio get everyday ABs.
and im very happy with this. i should have said, im surprised, but happy.....

can't wait to read some reports on the young kids, duncan!!!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:52 PM 03-19-2019
Interesting things from spring...

I fully expect KC to be bad this year, but the offense could be sneaky effective.

Merrifield and Mondesi are a dangerous 1-2 combo. And then the middle... Gordon-Soler-OHearn doesn’t look great on paper, but consider...

Gordon changed his training regimen and looks to have regained some bad speed. He looks quicker and more flexible.

Soler looks locked in. His raw power is no joke and he has good plate discipline. If he’s healthy, he could finally deliver on his promise.

And ohearn has good power and patience from the left side.

That should be a trio that makes starters work.
[Reply]
Three7s 09:16 PM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Interesting things from spring...

I fully expect KC to be bad this year, but the offense could be sneaky effective.

Merrifield and Mondesi are a dangerous 1-2 combo. And then the middle... Gordon-Soler-OHearn doesn’t look great on paper, but consider...

Gordon changed his training regimen and looks to have regained some bad speed. He looks quicker and more flexible.

Soler looks locked in. His raw power is no joke and he has good plate discipline. If he’s healthy, he could finally deliver on his promise.

And ohearn has good power and patience from the left side.

That should be a trio that makes starters work.
So, 1-5 could be decent, then 6-9 terrible?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:50 PM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by Three7s:
So, 1-5 could be decent, then 6-9 terrible?

I wouldn’t say that. I like Hamilton in KC and in the 9 spot.

Maldonado will be a black hole. Dozier and Goodwin isn’t excited 6-7 though.
[Reply]
tk13 09:35 PM 03-19-2019
I agree the question about Soler is 100% about health. I thought he looked good last year, let alone this spring. I don't know if he's going to be an all-star, but it sure looks like he can be a productive offensive player if he can just stay healthy for once.

The real wild card will probably be O'Hearn. If he hits at all like last season, watch out. But it's also possible he regresses.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:16 AM 03-20-2019
72-90
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:47 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
72-90
60-102
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:52 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
60-102
Somebody doesn’t like my posts.

:-)
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 08:19 AM 03-21-2019
Any thoughts on the Royals pulling a surprise for the opening 25/40 this year? I have to admit, I might have fallen victim of Schwindle's Arizona success. But his swing is too long for the majors, right? I'm trying to talk myself out of liking him as an option. Still feels like a AAAA player, but his power is super tempting to have as a right handed option at DH when Soler is in RF. Ynoa is the other guy I'm thinking about. I'd like to push all the chips in on having a bullpen with several live arms that at least have the potential to move several steps towards respectability.

Schwindle would have to be put on the 40...but has options.
Ynoa would also have to be put on the 40...but no options.

40 man release candidates that will likely make it through waivers? Barlow? Greene? (edit - forgot about Flynn...he looks done). I doubt we're keeping Ellis...so that's one spot that will open.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 47
« First < 303637383940 41424344 > Last »
Up