Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Whataburger expanding into the KC area
chinaski 05:57 PM 08-07-2020
Saw on Twitter. No bullshit. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 01:14 PM 08-08-2020
Hardee's/Carl's Jr >>>>>>> everything

I ate at a Whataburger when I was a kid and honestly I don't remember it being anything special. It was whatever.
[Reply]
scho63 03:37 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
I don't think "eat in" places are comparing apples to apples...also price point. For drive-thru food Whataburger has the best burgers and McDonalds the best fries IMO.
Fair point.

I strictly looked at any chain of any size.

I didn't look at micro-chains or one off places as that would really be poor comparison.
[Reply]
Coogs 03:39 PM 08-08-2020
Runza has a really good hamburger. I'm not a huge fan of their Runza's, but their burgers are the best for a fast food drive through.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:55 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Runza has a really good hamburger. I'm not a huge fan of their Runza's, but their burgers are the best for a fast food drive through.
Oh hell. I haven’t even thought of Runza in years. I kept the outfit in Sidney open I think.
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:58 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I grabbed a bite or two at Whataburger way, WAAYYY back in the late 70s when I was TDY to Fort Hood on an investigation. They were OK - better than some, worse than others.

Glad to see them expanding their market though......God knows that we don't have enough burger joints here in the midwest...... :-)
That ain't no lie, I chuckle to myself every time a new one opens.
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:01 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I thought about mentioning them but wasn't sure how many people here have ever been to one. They haven't gone too far out of NE that I'm aware of.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:04 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I thought about mentioning them but wasn't sure how many people here have ever been to one. They haven't gone too far out of NE that I'm aware of.
There’s one in Lawrence. I figured they’d be in KC somewhere.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:16 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Last I saw there was one around 60th and Johnson Drive.
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:18 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yep, just looked it up and that's the only one in KS. There are only 4 others outside of NE (2 in CO and 2 in IA), which is odd because this state is fucking saturated with them.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:27 PM 08-08-2020
Moms would hit up the Runza in Lawrence any time we were in town. As a kid, wish I would've known they had burgers.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:41 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
They also have cheese curds.
Hell yes they do. I need to remember that next time I'm there.
[Reply]
Darien25 05:34 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
5 guys is absolute trash, so close those down for some more whataburgers
I have eaten at a couple of different 5 Guys and didn't care for it. Burgers were super salty.
[Reply]
BeMyValentine 06:09 PM 08-08-2020
Freddy's is the best. You can double the fries for 20 cents.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:15 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:

Only two thumbs up Fisty McTatt is disappointed.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:32 PM 08-08-2020
Always been a fan of What-a-burger, probably because Me and the guys used to go there nearly every Friday night after the game; it's like comfort food at this point.

Also a big fan of Steak-n-Shake, for basically the same reason, just with my buddies from college. And I think they have great cheesy fries.

My favorite burger chain, dine-in, has always been Goldie's back in Tulsa. Only burger I ever had that didn't require a condiment. Just buns, burger, and cheese. The only other burtger joint that ever came close was Hamburger Haven, also in Tulsa, but they closed their doors while I was still in high school. Apparently they were a mob front and got busted. The burgers were pretty good, but the onion rings . . . they still are the best onion rings I've ever eaten. And huge. Some of the rings were bigger than my face.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up