ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Whataburger expanding into the KC area
chinaski 05:57 PM 08-07-2020
Saw on Twitter. No bullshit. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
wazu 09:32 AM 08-08-2020
I feel I need to go there just to try the ketchup.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:42 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Freddys is really good but way overpriced for what you get.

Nobody gives you more fries or bag fries than Freddys!
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:53 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Nobody gives you more fries or bag fries than Freddys!
More than Five Guys?

Because Five Guys gives you a shit ton of fries.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:06 AM 08-08-2020
There's a burger joint across from Arkansas Tech U in Russellville called Feltner's Whatta-Burger. it's not part of the Texas Whataburger chain. It's been voted the best burger joint in Arkansas multiple times. I used to stop there going down to Hot Springs to see my parents. They are light years better than the Texas Chain. If you're ever driving I-40 across Arkansas, stop in and get a burger, fries and a shake. It's outstanding. https://www.whatta-burger.com/
[Reply]
Pablo 10:41 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
White Castle was in KC back in the day but not anymore. They are still in St. Louis because it’s an inferior city that accepts poor quality.
I'm a simple man. I see somebody trashing that shithole and it's a thumbs up.

Oh and this thread has taught me that everyone hates everything and everywhere is overrated.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:43 AM 08-08-2020
Personal favorite of mine for fast food burgers and dessert is Culver's by a mile.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:51 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
More than Five Guys?

Because Five Guys gives you a shit ton of fries.
No kidding, I have never eaten all of the fries they give me. I don't think it's humanly possible.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:51 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Personal favorite of mine for fast food burgers and dessert is Culver's by a mile.
They also have cheese curds.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 12:01 PM 08-08-2020
Culver’s has a surprisingly decent pot roast dinner, and it’s a very generous platter as well.

And as far as fast food goes, their fried shrimp dinner ain’t half bad. Blows LJS’s shrimp out of the water any way.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:06 PM 08-08-2020
When are they moving heinz field to Kansas city. Mahomes already owns the steelers.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:09 PM 08-08-2020
We don't have many fast food places near us but we have a Checkers and a Tastee Freez (rebranded as The Freez). I've tried the Checkers once and was happy, reminded me of the glory days on Linwood and Main in KC. Really quality bun and the fries were as good as I remember them. I'll hit The Freez a few times a summer, maybe later today actually. Neither are as good as the corner hotdog stands doing char burgers here though.

I've enjoyed a green chile double from Whataburger not so long ago. Think someone here recommended it.
[Reply]
fan4ever 12:12 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Red Robin - good burgers and big variety along with great steak fries, nice and crispy.

Culvers - excellent butter burger and their crinkle cut fries are fantastic and crispy as well as their shakes

Wendy's - still the best out of the Big 3 in terms of flavor and size. Their buns are the best but their fries still suck most times

Whataburger - pretty good but I find their buns too dry and big for their burgers. Fries are just OK. Decent shakes

Shake Shake - pretty good as well

Smashburger - very good and had two original the other night during my dinner break along with a Sam Adams, no fries.

Johnny Rockets - excellent burgers and shakes but sometimes they can be a little too greasy

Fuddruckers - probably some of the BEST burgers you will ever have but just never took off with poor marketing. I think people didn't like to wait 10 minutes for a burger that was supposed to be fast food. I love their burgers.

Five Guys - I would go to their original location in Alexandria and their burgers are real good but their fries are WAY overrated

In and Out- good burgers but the WORST fries of everyone. Bland sticks of nothing.

Steak n Shake - hit or miss but not bad burgers and a few more items than just burgers

Never did Freddy's but there is one in Tempe just down the block from Amazon that I will try on my dinner break one of these evenings.

Carl's, Jack in the Box, Sonic - All about the same. Good when you're drunk

White Castle - The Taco Bell of Burger's. Your ass knows why....

Burger King - One small step above McDonald's in flavor. Not much else going for it

McDonald's - The winner of the shittiest, greasiest, saltiest, smallest burger-to-bun ratio of all.
I don't think "eat in" places are comparing apples to apples...also price point. For drive-thru food Whataburger has the best burgers and McDonalds the best fries IMO.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:26 PM 08-08-2020
I grabbed a bite or two at Whataburger way, WAAYYY back in the late 70s when I was TDY to Fort Hood on an investigation. They were OK - better than some, worse than others.

Glad to see them expanding their market though......God knows that we don't have enough burger joints here in the midwest...... :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:45 PM 08-08-2020
5 guys is absolute trash, so close those down for some more whataburgers
[Reply]
scho63 12:52 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Make a trip today to Habit Burger today. It will make your day.

https://www.habitburger.com/
:-)

Will try this week if I get close

Some people like HopDaddy as well
[Reply]
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up