ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 22
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lucas Niang opts out...
pugsnotdrugs19 07:46 AM 08-06-2020
https://twitter.com/tompelissero/sta...407051781?s=21

Damn.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:32 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Multiply that by every county in America. Its not going to get better.

If we want to have a season, even without fans, they need to figure out how to do a football bubble because the NBA and NHL are proving it can be successful.
You've been a sniveling cunt about every decision made in every state in the union for 6 months.

Nobody gives a shit. Go hide under your bed skirts and let the rest of us talk about Niang in a thread about Niang.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:36 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
He saw the writing on the wall. He knew the NFL was too hard for him.
I don't get this wimp angle. How hard and tough do you have to be to even make it to the NFL?
[Reply]
RunKC 08:39 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Or more likely the Chiefs will be fine without him this year, likely add additional offensive line depth next offseason (through free agency and/or the draft), and Niang basically destroyed his career before it started.

Good luck with that.

For most of the players, getting caught up in the panic by opting out now may seem like the right thing to do, but reality will hit in terms of the impact on their career (especially for a rookie like Niang) as they realize they are essentially locking themselves out of the NFL until April 2021.
This is some straight up diarrhea folks. Good fucking god what a shit post
[Reply]
O.city 08:40 AM 08-06-2020
The NFL can't do a bubble. 7 months long and there isn't a spot in America big enough.

Maybe if they broke it up into small bubbles, but as Terez speculated on his pod, the NFL thought it woudl cost them a billion dollars plus to do the bubble. They can't do that.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 08:40 AM 08-06-2020
56 NFL players have tested positive for COVID-19 since July 21st... 2% of the entire NFL player population.

60 players have opted out... also about 2% of the entire NFL player population.

No star players have opted out.

But some dumbshits want to continue riding the hysteria/panic train and cancel the season.

Please feel free to opt out as a fan from following the season.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:42 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Delaying ain't going to make a difference. We couldn't handle opening back up correctly. How do you think school opening's are going to go?
MOVING UP the season was the play.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:43 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Terez indicates there's "family concerns"
Nah. He's obviously just a pussy. :-)
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 08:44 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This is some straight up diarrhea folks. Good ****ing god what a shit post
You are the dumbshit who continues to breathlessly panic over every opt-out.

2% of NFL players, including no star players have opted out.

If you can't handle that... do yourself a favor and opt-out of the season as a fan.

You won't be missed.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:44 AM 08-06-2020
I can't believe the homering up about this.

Guard might be the worst position on the team BEFORE this and it just got awful.

I'll remind you all that the Donks signed Jurrell Casey a few months ago.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:45 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You've been a sniveling **** about every decision made in every state in the union for 6 months.
Sniveling or not, I've been proven right about every major decision too.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:45 AM 08-06-2020
Our 3 Opt Outs:
- LDT: Foregoing his salary and delaying his FA payday by a year to save lives
- Damien Williams: Conceding his starting spot after being a Super Bowl hero, and choosing to spend time with his mother, who has stage 4 cancer.
- Niang: Bypassing his rookie year for family reasons

I don't think any of our guys should catch any hell for their decisions.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:46 AM 08-06-2020
This tweaks our 2020 but it really fucks up our 2021.

We have negative cap space for 2021. We need to create space. The most likely way we do that is by extending a bunch of the big ticket players, and if Niang had looked good in 2020, we have the ability to cut Fisher and start Niang in 2021.

This makes that virtually impossible. So we’re going to have to look elsewhere for cuts and it’s going to be very dicey. Veach will have to square a circle.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:46 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The NFL can't do a bubble. 7 months long and there isn't a spot in America big enough.

Maybe if they broke it up into small bubbles, but as Terez speculated on his pod, the NFL thought it would cost them a billion dollars plus to do the bubble. They can't do that.
Logistically they could easily do a bubble. Now would players want to make that sacrifice to make millions of dollars? That is the question. I doubt they would want to. The NBA hasn't had to face that hurdle yet because their restart is just a few weeks long and then the playoffs.

The advantage of having a bubble in the NFL is you have a larger revenue source with more weeks & months to lower that fixed cost.

The disadvantage of the bubble in the NBA is you have a smaller revenue source (not by a ton though) with much less time to attribute that fixed cost.

Players families and friends could even enter the bubble and come and go when they please as long as they adhere to the quarantine and pass x amt of tests first. It isn't like you COULDN'T see your family the entire duration but it does make it much more difficult.
[Reply]
O.city 08:47 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Guard might be the worst position on the team BEFORE this and it just got awful.

If it was that bad before, are the players replacing them that much worse?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:47 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

There isnt any guards out there on the open market is there? I'd think not but we are hurting pretty bad at guard. Maybe the bottom of the barrell looks good now.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 22
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up