ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 22
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lucas Niang opts out...
pugsnotdrugs19 07:46 AM 08-06-2020
https://twitter.com/tompelissero/sta...407051781?s=21

Damn.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:07 AM 08-06-2020
Fucking cool.
[Reply]
sedated 08:08 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
Sucks. I’m sure he was healthy enough to play early, but at least it gives him a redshirt year and we have him under contract another year
Although in a redshirt year you can practice with the team and improve as a player.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:09 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
What do you then do about next season?
Get rid of pre season and delay the start of camp and probably begin the season in October
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:10 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
If you move the college football season to the spring of 2021, you will not have college football in the fall of 2021. At some point you have to bite the bullet and skip a season or play through all the crap.
That's not true
[Reply]
O.city 08:11 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Get rid of pre season and delay the start of camp and probably begin the season in October
So then you'd have to push the next season a bit because the super bowl woudln't be until march or April. That offseason is gonna be messed up as well.

Just doesn't work.

No preseason two years in a row, gonna really crunch alot of the lower round picks and UDFA for roster spots. No offseason work for the guys, gonna lead to alot of injuries.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08-06-2020, 08:14 AM
This message has been deleted by Titty Meat. Reason: .
Titty Meat 08:14 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
So then you'd have to push the next season a bit because the super bowl woudln't be until march or April. That offseason is gonna be messed up as well.

Just doesn't work.
I'd rather have another condensed off season than some journey man fill in protecting my half a billion dollar QB and having my obese 60 something year old coach exposed to a very contagious virus.

The overall quality of play under my scenario wouldnt be nearly as compromised as this season will be.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:15 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
Sucks. I’m sure he was healthy enough to play early, but at least it gives him a redshirt year and we have him under contract another year
Or more likely the Chiefs will be fine without him this year, likely add additional offensive line depth next offseason (through free agency and/or the draft), and Niang basically destroyed his career before it started.

Good luck with that.

For most of the players, getting caught up in the panic by opting out now may seem like the right thing to do, but reality will hit in terms of the impact on their career (especially for a rookie like Niang) as they realize they are essentially locking themselves out of the NFL until April 2021.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:15 AM 08-06-2020
I'm not risking Mahomes on a season where we're down 2 OL before the first snap.

Cancel diz sheeit.
[Reply]
In58men 08:15 AM 08-06-2020
Is there any OL available right now?

Banking on Osemele to stay healthy is not the way I would go into the season.
[Reply]
O.city 08:17 AM 08-06-2020
I'd rather have another condensed off season than some journey man fill in protecting my half a billion dollar QB and having my obese 60 something year old coach exposed to a very contagious virus.
Virus will be here next year too.

If you push it to the spring, you're gonna have basically no offseason next year, would likely lead to more injuries.

Either play it this year as normal ish, or just punt on it and start next year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:18 AM 08-06-2020
Well sheet.

Not great news - another hit to the depth of the squad. I'd say we're about out of rope on the OL.

We have some UDFA lineman with nice potential, but with a limited camp and no pre-season, you just have very little ability to get them up to speed.

On its own this won't hurt us but we essentially have no wiggle room left. Rankin needs to come back healthy to give us any depth on the IOL. This may save Allegretti (who I think might have been in trouble). It's pretty well ensures that Remmers is that swing-tackle, though that was probably pretty likely.

Just hate seeing the shots the depth is taking. Injuries could be truly catastrophic at this point.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:19 AM 08-06-2020
Delay the season this is retarded
Delaying ain't going to make a difference. We couldn't handle opening back up correctly. How do you think school opening's are going to go?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:19 AM 08-06-2020
Osemele and Wylie are your starters
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:20 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Delaying ain't going to make a difference. We couldn't handle opening back up correctly. How do you think school opening's are going to go?
My friends summer school had to shutdown twice. It's an absolute shitshow.
[Reply]
O.city 08:20 AM 08-06-2020
I'd think I'd feel more safe actually playing with as much as they're gonna be tested and such.

If you don't play and opt out, are you just gonna sit at home all the time?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 22
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up