Other (discuss below) 24 12.18%
Drew Brees 3 1.52%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who is the GOAT QB?
Amnorix 11:56 AM 08-16-2019
Other than Mahomes, of course... :-)

I came up with my top 10, or you can fill in the blank.

(Jesus, no Brees. I am a genious... :-))
[Reply]
redfan 08:53 AM 08-18-2019
Joe, by a country mile.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:13 AM 08-18-2019
Fuck the Patriots and all their bitch ass fans.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:16 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Montana was blowing shit up when defense was still DEFENSE

It’s Joe, until Mahomes takes his crown...
This.

The guy was 4-0 in the Super Bowl. And he was absolutely perfect in all 4, never threw an interception in the SB.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:27 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
for me it's hard to come up with 'The Greatest" just given how much the league has changed/ evolved. And, personally, I don't equate SB wins to a level of greatness; short of a QB carrying his team to a win. It's such a team game, it's hard to say X QB is better than Y because he has more SB wins etc.
This a million times!!! And why I didn't vote. Apples to oranges for sure.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:40 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Joe Montana, and its not even close. 4-0 in superbowl appearances when it was a ****ing mans game.

None of this built for TV offense bullshit where the qb might as well have secret service agents in the pocket with him. Defenders cant touch receivers, much less lay down intimidating hits over the middle. Might as well be flag football now.

God Id love to see Brady play ONE game in that era. Longest piss trail back home to mommy and daddy you ever seen.

Chris Jones slapped his shoulderpad lightly and it was a 15 yard personal foul. The little bitch didnt even get moved off his spot much less go down and its a 15 yard penalty. Anytime hes touched, Brady is off crying to an official about it. Biggest **** strapping up a helmet today.

Brady's longevity and "greatness" have been manufactured by the pussification of the NFL.

Joe's still the ****ing man, period.
Nailed It !!
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:35 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
Brady has the numbers, but Brady also has a huge question mark: would he have done as well without Bellicheck? Manning did well in Indy and Denver. Montana played under Walsh and Young and then Marty. Favre played in GB, NY and Minnesota. I also think that comparing QBs in the pre-SB era to the post-SB era is quite difficult mainly because the game was so different. The poll has Otto Graham and Johnny U from pre-SB days but you should also consider Sid Luckman.

I would answer the question by asking, “If the game were on the line and you needed a QB who could pick up the team and win, who would it be?” And I have a hard time deciding between some of the QBs. Montana, Elway, Favre and Marino all are legitimate answers to that question. I may think HorseFace is an arrogant SOB but he deserves to be in that discussion.

Considering how well he did under various coaches and in different teams, I think the answer would be Montana, although Favre would be a close second. This is as it stands right now. If PMII plays as he has for the next 10+ years (which he should, barring injury*), he will absolutely be in this discussion if not leading it.

Brady? Undoubtedly a great QB but I always get the sense Brady should have an asterisk labeled ‘Bellicheck’ next to his name. Hate him all you want, there is not a better game coach in the league today. Andy Reid is a great offensive coach but I do not think AR can respond to changes in the game as well as Bellicheck can.

Brees? Based on numbers, he deserves to be in this discussion. He benefited from Peyton and he did well in SD before going to NO. Maybe he doesn’t get his due because he was largely overshadowed by the Brady/Manning battle and I would be thrilled if he were guiding my team if the game were on the line. But while I would be thrilled, there are others higher on my list.

The one other QB currently in the league that I think is intriguing and has potential is Baker Mayfield. He has the tools and the mindset. I don’t know whether Cleveland can pull its head out of its ass to fully capitalize on his talents. If Mayfield were on the Patriots, that would be truly scary. And I think PMII has better talent and will be a better QB. But Mayfield has been impressive, particularly considering what a dumpster fire Cleveland has been.

All of that to say that right now, I’d say Montana. In 10 years, I believe Mahomes will be challenging him for that crown.

* to those who do not want to face this, sorry. It’s a part of the game. I’m cold-bloodedly rational. The bad news is that injuries have wrecked promising QB careers (RGIII) and are serious drags on other QB careers (Luck). The good news is that the rules have changed so that QBs are hit less and are not injured as often. PMII’s odds of suffering such an injury are less than they would have been 20 years ago.
Every HOF QB has played with a lot of talent or good to great HCs. No one can do it by themselves. So I don't really hold having BB as a HC against Brady. What has BB done without Brady? He was shit in Cleveland as a HC.

Objectively speaking, which is going to hard to do on this board cause lets face it Pats are a bit of a rival of ours --- Brady has the most credentials. He has got the rings, he's got the stats, he's clutch, he takes less money for the betterment of the team, he rarely gets injured and he takes such good care of himself he is still playing well into his 40s. He doesn't need a lot of talent at WR to be effective either.

No other QB in NFL history can stack up to his resume blow for blow. You can create arguments for other QBs but when you look at everything Brady beats them all.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:57 AM 08-18-2019
The more comments I read on here and the more I think about it, I’m convinced that the GOAT discussion really comes down to how you define GOAT:

Best total resume: Tom Brady (not really debatable)

QB you would take to go win 1 game when you need it: Joe Montana (pretty much flawless in the Super Bowl)

Most productive compared to their era: Dan Marino (insane numbers for the time)

Most transformational: Johnny Unitas (changed the game; way ahead of his time)

Most pure ability: Rodgers or Mahomes

Most cerebral: Peyton Manning (debatable)

Most mediocre for a long period of time: John Elway
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:34 PM 08-18-2019
Joe based on the era alone. Brady would have died on his first trip to Chicago.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:39 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Joe based on the era alone. Brady would have died on his first trip to Chicago.
He wouldn't have survived LT either
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:41 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I've seen a few videos of LT, and they would interview guys like Ron Jaworski. It gives me a lot more respect for guys like Jaworski that they went out there twice a year against LT.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:49 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've seen a few videos of LT, and they would interview guys like Ron Jaworski. It gives me a lot more respect for guys like Jaworski that they went out there twice a year against LT.
^^^^ These.
[Reply]
PatsWinAgain 11:47 PM 08-18-2019
The 41 year old QB that lead his team to a victory in an AFC game. He’s the greatest. Anyone who argues otherwise is just a HATER.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:53 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by PatsWinAgain:
The 41 year old QB that lead his team to a victory in an AFC game. He’s the greatest. Anyone who argues otherwise is just a HATER.
Not really. If Brady would have been drafted by Cleveland do you think he'd have even had a career. BB has made Brady what he is and without BB he would have been another Brian Hoyer.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:13 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Not really. If Brady would have been drafted by Cleveland do you think he'd have even had a career. BB has made Brady what he is and without BB he would have been another Brian Hoyer.
It's a team game. No one can do it by themselves. You think Mahomes throws for 50 TDs last year if he doesnt have Reid as a HC? Think Montana didnt benefit from having Rice and all the weapons the 49ers have? In basketball, MJ w Phil Jackson?

You cant expect any QB to become the GOAT by themselves. Every one needs some help
[Reply]
New World Order 02:23 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
It's a team game. No one can do it by themselves. You think Mahomes throws for 50 TDs last year if he doesnt have Reid as a HC? Think Montana didnt benefit from having Rice and all the weapons the 49ers have? In basketball, MJ w Phil Jackson?

You cant expect any QB to become the GOAT by themselves. Every one needs some help
Brady had all of the pieces fall into place.

Obviously he's good but he's also been blessed with the greatest front office in NFL history, the greatest defensive coach of all-time and a crappy division pretty much his entire career.

If you're talking about talent/offensive production Brady isn't the best.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Up