Other (discuss below) 24 12.18%
Drew Brees 3 1.52%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who is the GOAT QB?
Amnorix 11:56 AM 08-16-2019
Other than Mahomes, of course... :-)

I came up with my top 10, or you can fill in the blank.

(Jesus, no Brees. I am a genious... :-))
[Reply]
Boon 04:12 PM 08-23-2019
Montana now.
Mahomes in 5 years.
[Reply]
Chieftain 04:35 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
I know you're better at stats than that. Some of those years the Chiefs were fielding absurdly good defenses.

Let's put everything else aside -- if he was mediocre, then you (and other Chiefs fans) wouldn't hate him. Mediocrity doesn't earn hatred, it most typically earns apathy.
I did some digging and found that Elway's record vs Chiefs is 18-12 (including playoffs). That's not ownage by any means. Surely not like Brady has owned the Jets and the rest of that division. In fact, it's the Chiefs who have owned the AFC West division if we go by the all time games played. The Chiefs are one of only 3 NFL teams who have a winning record against all their division opponents. The other two teams I believe are the Steelers and Cowboys (not sure?!).
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 05:26 PM 08-23-2019
Not old enough to have seen Unitas, otherwise I'd consider him. If I were to put every QB in the exact same situation, (surrounding team, coach, level of competition, era) I'd take Marino or Farve. You could plug them into any system and they'd be MVP material.

Montana is the most clutch. Brady the most successful and consistent.

In their prime, you take Marino or Farve (pre Rodgers) off their respective teams and they are picking in the top 10 of the draft on a regular basis. Take Montana and Brady off their teams and they are still playoff contenders.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:43 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Eli Manning has thrown touchdowns at a higher rate than Elway and thrown interceptions at a lower rate than Elway. Elway was basically Eli Manning.
Except for the fact that Eli was undefeated in Super Bowl appearances.
[Reply]
rico 05:54 AM 08-24-2019
It’s Brady (since Mahomes isn’t an option, of course :-). ).

The success, the consistency, the consistent success, the adaptability, the proven ability to succeed in both shitty and favorable QB circumstances, the ability to spread the ball around efficiently, etc... It’s tough to make a case against him. There isn’t a knock on him.

I don’t even really dislike the guy. Boston fans kind of rubbed me the wrong way the one time I met them, which was Game 4 of the 2004 World Series when they finished the sweep over the Cardinals... I’ve never had fans be more obnoxious and in our faces (while not even provoked by the opposing fan base) than the shit we took from the fuckwads who were at that game, but I’m not going to hold that against Brady...although it was difficult not to for a long time. After watching that documentary about him where they chronicle his path and the WB’s who were selected ahead of him in the draft, I walked away thinking the dude is actually pretty fucking cool. Would have loved to have had the dude in KC, but that’s ok because MAHOMES. I just love how Brady approaches Kraft as a rookie at TC and confidently told him, “I am the best decision this organization has ever made.”

Tom Brady...

then Dan Marino-Joe Montana-Drew Brees...
[Reply]
synthesis2 07:35 AM 08-24-2019
I think it easy to say Brady and move on but from my perspective (which really has zero baring on anything) I don't think he is top 5.

Why? Well there are soooooo many variables that come into play for winning championships and I would agree that the QB is a important cog in the outcome but at what amount? So lets say that a QB accounts for about 20% max of an outcome of a game, I think it could be argued less but leave it at 20%. Between the division they have played in as well as the defense constructed by the best head coach in history, albeit the crabbiest man alive, gives a huge advantage. Defense and coaching probably could be argued help a team at 50-60% of the outcome of the game with the remaining 20-30% coming from the rest of the offense.

No doubt Brady is good but his stats are just ho hum thru his entire career, passing td, int etc. but his wins and superbowls are why everyone loved the guy. If he gets drafted by a bad team with a bad coach etc etc with his talent ( which was 7th round? ) he's just another guy but with Billie and his defense and coaching it makes him look completely different.

from my perspective the GOAT argument in golf, tennis etc is easy, its just you and that's it. but in a team sport especially with so many players it comes down to who did the most with the least.

I know he isn't a QB but this is why someone like Barry Sanders is so special and could be the GOAT. He played on absolutely awful teams but was a man amongst boys. The only reason they were relevant at all was because of Barry, if he wasn't on the team they may have won 1-4 games every season but with him they got to the playoffs many times.

Without Brady the Pats still had great seasons and were able to spin the QB's off for big money and draft comp. Cassel and Grap. etc .

Brady is the GOAT for titles but nowhere near the GOAT for the best in the history of the league and the impact that he had. For that title I think he is probably in the 20-30's.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:27 AM 08-24-2019
Literally any QB BUT Tom Brady. Because fuck this thread.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:18 AM 08-08-2020
Since 2000:

https://twitter.com/reinhurdler/stat...806366208?s=21
[Reply]
Pablo 10:23 AM 08-08-2020
Almost forgot what a faggot OP was. Coming over here to get his Tom Brady dick sucking in and then disappearing for all time because we hurt his heart.
[Reply]
RoyalsAndSaints 02:16 PM 08-08-2020
Drew Brees.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Pat passes him in 10 years.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:52 PM 08-08-2020
Montana
Brady

Greatest of right now----Mahomes
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:30 PM 08-08-2020
Brady than Mahomes
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:00 PM 08-08-2020
This thread didn't age well.
[Reply]