ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1895 of 2687
« First < 895139517951845188518911892189318941895 18961897189818991905194519952395 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:43 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by RoyalsAndSaints:
Much credit to the Chiefs brass and Coach Reid for the trade up. I swear I hope was hoping the Saints would take Pat, but I don’t regret us ending up with Lattimore lol.
Are you a legit noob? If so - stick around!! We need noobs and rival fans to keep this place lively.

Second, how has the Saints fandom reacted to Mahomes? Were there credible Saints writers saying Mahomes was your guy?
[Reply]
RoyalsAndSaints 03:06 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Are you a legit noob? If so - stick around!! We need noobs and rival fans to keep this place lively.

Second, how has the Saints fandom reacted to Mahomes? Was there credible Saints writers saying Mahomes was your guy?
Sean Payton really wanted Mahomes, and even travelled to Texas to scout him. There are articles, even going back to 2017 showing how badly he was the priority. Too bad noobs on ChiefsPlanet can’t really post links yet, lol.
Appreciate the greeting! Though I pull for the Saints in football...KC all day in baseball.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 11:18 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

Second, how has the Saints fandom reacted to Mahomes? Were there credible Saints writers saying Mahomes was your guy?
Texas Tech insiders claimed that each of the below teams were prepared to draft Pat with their 1st pick. Most of them publicly admitted as much after the draft. Pretty salty line up, quite clear that so,e of the best offensive minds knew exactly what Mahomes would be. 5 of those teams had incumbent all-pro QBs signed to long term contracts at the time.

[Reply]
Redbled 12:06 AM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by RoyalsAndSaints:
Sean Payton really wanted Mahomes, and even travelled to Texas to scout him. There are articles, even going back to 2017 showing how badly he was the priority. Too bad noobs on ChiefsPlanet can’t really post links yet, lol.
Appreciate the greeting! Though I pull for the Saints in football...KC all day in baseball.

How’d you end up liking those 2 teams?
[Reply]
carcosa 01:20 AM 08-09-2020
I like the Chiefs QB!
[Reply]
RoyalsAndSaints 06:36 AM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by Redbled:
How’d you end up liking those 2 teams?
It sucks that New Orleans doesn’t have baseball! :-):-)

By the time I made my first visit to Kansas City, and got into baseball, I was already too far gone into the Saints by then. I stopped here before Reid, Mahomes, etc came to town....everyone young and old were all Chiefs!

Those my favorite sports cities. The nature of my employment largely depends upon my travels to Kansas City, so I’m regular visitor at least once a month. Went down interstate 70, and man, there’s better baseball stadium I ever seen that’s better than the Kaufman. I so badly wanted to get to a Royals game if it wasn’t for the COVID crisis!
[Reply]
KS Smitty 05:23 PM 08-11-2020
3 years and 79 touchdowns ago Patrick Mahomes had his first touchdown as a Chief.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:51 PM 08-12-2020

Archiving the video when the Skip & Shannon thread gets buried
[Reply]
Stinger 11:27 AM 08-13-2020
Your daily Patrick Mahomes stat:

Patrick Mahomes is not human

when opponents led the Chiefs by 10+ points at any point, Mahomes still led the Chiefs to a 5-0 record in 2019

the rest of the NFL: 31-212 (13%)

— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) August 13, 2020

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 03:37 PM 08-15-2020
I’m hard.

⏰⏰⏰⏰ pic.twitter.com/RInIkp9Im2

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) August 15, 2020

[Reply]
DRM08 04:28 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by Stinger:
Your daily Patrick Mahomes stat:

My favorite Mahomes stat is 3rd and Long. That is another one where he shows how extremely special he is.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 02:36 PM 08-16-2020
Patrick Mahomes watched an old football game on TV recently. While it wasn’t film work of a Chiefs game or a future Chiefs opponent, he didn’t watch it purely for entertainment purposes either.

The Green Bay Packers were playing, and if Mahomes can’t recall weeks later whether it was Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers at quarterback, he remembers a very specific pass. An unorthodox throw. Almost like a pitch, really.

Now he’s tried it himself.

Mahomes completed such a throw — or pitch — in Sunday’s training camp practice. A throw unlike anything he’s used in actual game.

There could be more coming.

“I try to look at what guys have done before me,” Mahomes said. “I’ve looked at guys like Dan Marino and how he had success. And then I look at the guys playing around the league, with Deshaun Watson, Lamar (Jackson) and Dak Prescott — all these guys that are having success. And I try to find what they do, and then I try to take it out and put it into my game so I can be a better player every time I step onto the field.”

Now is the time to try. The “wins” in camp count only in terms of pride. The statistics aren’t tallied alongside his name. The interceptions don’t alter the momentum of a game.

The one-of-a-kind Mahomes throws seem so head-turning during an actual game. The lefty pass. The no-look throw. The off-balance heaves.

Those come from practices. From experimentation. Chiefs coach Andy Reid not only allows it — he encourages it.

“I think the great thing about training camp practices and practices with Coach Reid is he allows me to try those different things,” Mahomes said. “There’s been times I’ve made some of these throws and they worked out and we score touchdowns. And I threw one day, and it was an easy interception. He lets you try those different things. You just learn from them (and) see what you can and can’t do. It helps me in the game. When I get there, I know what I can do and what I can’t do.”

It can be difficult to gauge what qualifies as experimentation and what Mahomes has already comfortably added to his arsenal. The lines are graying every year, every game, every pass.

Rookie running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire played with Heisman Trophy winner Joe Burrow at LSU last season. Burrow was known for his off-script throws. But in his first camp with Mahomes, Edwards-Helaire has still been wowed.

He described a play from Saturday in which Mahomes rolled to his left on a broken play. There appeared to be nothing there.

Until there was.

“The play just looked completely shut down,” Edwards-Helaire said. “By the time he got to the bottom of the numbers on the left hash, he just started saying, ‘Oh, I got it; I got it.’ Nobody looked open. He tossed it up. All of a sudden, Tyreek (Hill) came out of nowhere and they completed a pass. It went for 45 yards, whatever it was.

“Extending plays is something you see time and time again. But for him to not throw it out of bounds and just understand his vision and everything he has going on in his head, it’s a little different. It’s a little special.”

Mahomes made a similar throw Sunday. Off-balance, rolling to his left. Deep ball into a crowded end zone. Complete. Gehrig Dieter found himself on the other end of it.

Might we see some of these new tricks in a game? Might we see something Mahomes has yet to try?

“I don’t want to give away all my secrets,” he said.

———
Sam McDowell KC Star
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:55 AM 08-17-2020

Patrick Mahomes on throws less than 10 yards downfield since 2018:

🔸33 TDs (most)
🔸3 INTs pic.twitter.com/fbtUuFPTc0

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) August 16, 2020

[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:24 AM 08-17-2020

PSA: The fact that Patrick Mahomes holds the NFL record for most touchdowns in a single postseason, and it’s not even talked about, is just one of the signs people have become “numb” to what he’s doing lol

Also, he had 3 Super Bowl touchdowns. Not 2 �� pic.twitter.com/pj4DRWRGqc

— CHIEFS HIGHLIGHTS (@ChiefsHighlight) August 14, 2020

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:37 PM 08-17-2020

[Reply]
Page 1895 of 2687
« First < 895139517951845188518911892189318941895 18961897189818991905194519952395 > Last »
Up