ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 29
« First < 162223242526 272829 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Maryville teen allegedly raped by football player
Skyy God 10:13 AM 10-14-2013
And wasn't prosecuted (probably) because the rapist's family was politically connected. There's no excuse for at least statutory under the facts as presented. Also. dude should probably avoid saying rape-y things on social media if he's still within the statute of limitations.

Originally Posted by :
Here's a depressing story that will bring back memories of the Steubenville rape case. It begins with a 14-year-old drunk girl getting dumped on her porch by the high school football player who had just allegedly raped her, and it ends with her family being driven out of town by an unsupportive community.

A horrifying story out of Missouri: A mother was run out of a small town after her daughter blacked out at a party filled with older high school athletes and was left, with clear marks of rape, on the front lawn of her home in freezing weather.

The Kansas City Star details how the small town of Maryville turned against a newly-arrived family after 14-year-old Daisy Coleman reported that an older athlete had sex with her while another older male videotaped, after she was given an alcoholic drink at a party that left her barely able to stand. Her friend, a 13-year-old, was also made to have non-consensual sex.

After a thorough investigation by the local police however, clearly implicating 17-year-old Matthew Barnett in the sexual assault, charges were inexplicably dropped by the prosecuting attorney. Barnett, coincidentally, is the grandson of a prominent former Missouri state representative.

Star reporter Dugan Arnett writes,

Sexual assault cases can be difficult to build because of factors such as a lack of physical evidence or inconsistent statements by witnesses. But by the time his department had concluded its investigation, Sheriff Darren White felt confident the office had put together a case that would “absolutely” result in prosecutions.

“Within four hours, we had obtained a search warrant for the house and executed that,” White told The Star. “We had all of the suspects in custody and had audio/video confessions.

“I would defy the Kansas City, Missouri, Police Department to do what we did and get it wrapped up as nicely as we did in that amount of time.”

But no prosecutions ever came. The charges were dropped by the prosecuting attorney who didn't believe the evidence was strong enough. He dismissed any idea that political influence had anything to do with his decision.

In the meantime, the town had already begun to turn on the Coleman family. Threatening phone calls and online threats were directed at the family. Melinda Coleman had moved to the town with her four children after her husband, a physician, had died in a car accident. She was easily targeted by the community for being an outsider.
The parent of one of the teens at the Barnett house that night was the only one to comment briefly to The Star: “Our boys deserve an apology, and they haven’t gotten it yet.”

In a later interview, Rice [the prosecuting attorney] called it a case of “incorrigible teenagers” drinking alcohol and having sex. “They were doing what they wanted to do, and there weren’t any consequences. And it’s reprehensible. But is it criminal? No.”

Robert Sundell, who represented Barnett, echoed that sentiment: “Just because we don’t like the way teenagers act doesn’t necessarily make it a crime.”

After the charges were dropped, things just got worse for Melinda and Daisy Coleman. Daisy has struggled with depression and attempted suicide. Melinda had to move away from Maryville and back to the town she had lived in with her now-deceased husband. In April, the house in Maryville she still owned burned down under mysterious circumstances.

And Matthew Barnett, the young man accused by Coleman of raping her? He's attending the University of Central Missouri and apparently having a great time:

In a recent retweet, he expressed his views on women — and their desire for his sexual attentions — this way:

“If her name begins with A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z, she wants the D."
http://gawker.com/family-gets-driven...23656/@Tom_Ley
[Reply]
Iowanian 12:56 PM 08-07-2020
This is a pretty shitty story and ending.

Having daughters this age, if someone did this to one of my girls I'd probably butcher them like a deer.

It's unfortunate that she wasn't able to overcome it.

That said, I remember a guy in college there who was accused of rape, the local police tried to nail him to the wall, and it turned out there were other people in the room who witnessed it and it was not rape because she got on top.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:09 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
This is a pretty shitty story and ending.

Having daughters this age, if someone did this to one of my girls I'd probably butcher them like a deer.

It's unfortunate that she wasn't able to overcome it.

That said, I remember a guy in college there who was accused of rape, the local police tried to nail him to the wall, and it turned out there were other people in the room who witnessed it and it was not rape because she got on top.
False rape allegations do happen but in this case i think it's pretty obvious what happened.
[Reply]
Iowanian 02:49 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
False rape allegations do happen but in this case i think it's pretty obvious what happened.
From what I've read it definitely appears there is fire with the smoke in this story. I'm not questioning that at all, Jt was pointing out the opposite did happen in the same town.
[Reply]
damaticous 05:24 PM 08-07-2020
Every county in the U.S.A has issues, but what the fuuu...Nodaway County Missouri?

What the fuuu...part 1, Talbots...

What the fuuu....part 2, Raymond Gunn...

What the fuuu...part 3, Ken McElroy...

What the fuuu...part 4, Daisy...

...and more...
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:44 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
From what I've read it definitely appears there is fire with the smoke in this story. I'm not questioning that at all, Jt was pointing out the opposite did happen in the same town.
Yeah. Bitches that falsely accuse rape should be exposed to as bad of punishment as men who rape. All false accusations do is harm real victims. Giving cause to doubt victims is the last goddamn thing we need here.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:49 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by damaticous:
Every county in the U.S.A has issues, but what the fuuu...Nodaway County Missouri?

...and more...
There's only one woman in the country with a federal death sentence, guess where she's from?
[Reply]
stumppy 09:07 PM 08-07-2020

...and more...

That is one screwed up county.
[Reply]
tooge 12:05 AM 08-08-2020
One of the alleged rapist is on linkedin. Just sayin
[Reply]
otherstar 06:58 AM 08-08-2020

...and more...
I remember hearing about Ken Rex McElroy. That's one messed up situation. Murdered in broad daylight in front of more than 30 people, yet nobody saw a thing...or so they say. (granted the dude was total bully and ass...but wow that's some next level vigilante stuff right there).
[Reply]
Scorp 07:27 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by otherstar:
I remember hearing about Ken Rex McElroy. That's one messed up situation. Murdered in broad daylight in front of more than 30 people, yet nobody saw a thing...or so they say. (granted the dude was total bully and ass...but wow that's some next level vigilante stuff right there).
You see there is the LAW, and then there is JUSTICE. The two don't necessarily go hand in hand.
[Reply]
slapnutz_4 11:45 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
What's so obvious about it?
[Reply]
otherstar 07:13 AM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by slapnutz_4:
Really? You MUST be one of the rapists if you can't see that. You are such a total scumbag.
[Reply]
slapnutz_4 07:34 AM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by otherstar:
Really? You MUST be one of the rapists if you can't see that. You are such a total scumbag.
Answer the question
[Reply]
otherstar 07:38 AM 08-09-2020
Answer the question
She was 14 years old and drunk when YOU and your buddies molested her. It's pretty obvious to anyone who is NOT a rapist like you are. Now go the fuck away....you should be in jail for what you did, not on a Chiefs board...slimebag.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:03 AM 08-09-2020
You trying to imply that a passout drunk 14 year old is capable of giving sexual consent? Is that your angle here?
[Reply]
Page 26 of 29
« First < 162223242526 272829 >
Up