ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: If you saw the Last Jedi in theaters will you see the Rise of Skywalker in the theate
Yes 54 58.70%
No 38 41.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Media Center>If you saw The Last Jedi in the theater do you plan on seeing The Rise of Skywalker?
Baby Lee 03:16 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-)

I just don't understand this attitude. When i watch ANY Star Wars film, original or new, i've never walked away feeling like i just watched some artistic cinematic masterpiece.

Every single one of them is kinda hokey and silly. Fun and entertaining? Absolutely. But i mean c'mon, they're really not much better than your typical Hollywood sci-fi flick.

/ducks for cover
The first SW was legitimately groundbreaking, even being kinda hokey and silly.

And 'really not better than typical' kind of misses the entire point, when it comes to groundbreaking.

Before ANH, sci-fi was DECIDEDLY hokey and silly. There's a reason so much of it ends up on MST3K. Aliens and monsters were ridiculous. Effects were laughable. Narratives were stuffy and slow.

There were people in their 80s who had never seen anything like it, imagine a 5 or 6 yo seeing it for the first time, with no frame of reference anything like the present day.

It was silly and hokey, but it was also rousing and swashbuckling, and it was a coherent, credible and relatable story taken seriously.

'Typical sci-fi' has been chasing the initial thrill of ANH ever since, and if it's even MARGINALLY superior after 40 years, that's quite a testament.

The only analogs I can think of are Smells Like Teen Spirit, and the IPhone. Not even The Beatles were as revolutionary at first.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:59 AM 11-21-2019
i can't wait!

i have read no leaks!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:42 PM 11-21-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i can't wait!

i have read no leaks!
I really want/hope I love it.

Still don't mind TLJ.

Still do not like TFA.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:27 PM 11-21-2019
Mahomes is a Star Wars geek

THROWI-WAN MAHOMIE YA'LL pic.twitter.com/YhPPQ8RFdk

— 69 Sent (@ClayWendler) November 21, 2019

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:14 PM 11-25-2019
Just in case anyone is interested, Colin Trevorrow confirms that the return of The Emperor was JJ's idea when he was hired to write and direct Episode IX and not something that according to KK at the April 2019 Star Wars Celebration, "was planned all along" (which is something that I mentioned earlier in this thread).

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...ker-last-jedi/

Abrams, who took over co-writing and shooting the movie, went in some significantly different directions, including a return for a classic character. "Bringing back the Emperor was an idea JJ brought to the table when he came on board," Trevorrow says. "It’s honestly something I never considered".

Also, JJ Abrams was on Good Morning America this morning and revealed that the film was completed on Sunday.

Sunday being November 24, 2019, which again, I mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm not sure at what level of "completion" they're claiming but if I hear anything further, I'll be sure to post.
[Reply]
Sorry 02:03 PM 11-25-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Just in case anyone is interested, Colin Trevorrow confirms that the return of The Emperor was JJ's idea when he was hired to write and direct Episode IX and not something that according to KK at the April 2019 Star Wars Celebration, "was planned all along" (which is something that I mentioned earlier in this thread).

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...ker-last-jedi/

Abrams, who took over co-writing and shooting the movie, went in some significantly different directions, including a return for a classic character. "Bringing back the Emperor was an idea JJ brought to the table when he came on board," Trevorrow says. "It’s honestly something I never considered".

Also, JJ Abrams was on Good Morning America this morning and revealed that the film was completed on Sunday.

Sunday being November 24, 2019, which again, I mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm not sure at what level of "completion" they're claiming but if I hear anything further, I'll be sure to post.
Did the studio post leaks earlier to see the hardcore fans reaction?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:34 PM 11-25-2019
I don't think I'm going to be able to drag myself to the theater for this -- and I saw the original in the theater in May 1977.

Disney has extinguished the flame in me.
[Reply]
Fish 03:21 PM 11-25-2019
Idiots...

Originally Posted by :
Director J.J. Abrams said that despite all the intensive security measures for the film, a real script went online, but Disney and Lucasfilm bought it back before it was sold and any real damage was done. Oops.

“One of our actors, I won’t say which one — I want to, but I won’t — left it under their bed and it was found by someone who was cleaning their place,”Abrams told “Good Morning America” on Monday. “They got it back before it was sold.”

https://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-th...der-their-bed/

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:32 PM 11-25-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Idiots...
Another error in judgement by Abrams.

He should have never mentioned this issue in public, let alone, say "I want to but I won't" on Good Morning America.

It'll eventually leak and that person will be demonized by the internet.

This entire Episode IX debacle is beyond disastrous.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:45 PM 11-25-2019
It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Every new story reinforces my decision not to see it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:00 PM 11-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Every new story reinforces my decision not to see it.
What's even more shocking to me is that they are publicly confirming things that I was told privately, things that normally don't get out before a movie is released, if ever.

It's almost as if there's a concerted effort to ruin this film.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:06 PM 11-25-2019
What's even more shocking to me is that they are publicly confirming things that I was told privately, things that normally don't get out before a movie is released, if ever.

Well that was pretty much the only way they could've destroyed this saga the way they have.

I mean, it's hard to fuck something up this badly on accident. So yeah, your 'concerted effort' theory makes sense.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:46 PM 11-25-2019

Works for me. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:26 AM 11-26-2019
:-) :-) - small world. I've been listening to 'You Must Remember This' podcast for a long while now, . . . off and on.

It's a single-person narrated history of cinema. Narrator researches the forgotten or glossed over insider stories of the dirty work of making movies down through the years, mostly focused on the golden age and the studio system.

Recently, though, it has gotten more strident, snarky and SJW-y. So I'm listening and the tone is getting strident and I decide to find out what this chick's deal is.

Her name is Karina Longworth [I knew that part] and she married Rian Johnson last year. . . . :-) :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:31 AM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
:-) :-) - small world. I've been listening to 'You Must Remember This' podcast for a long while now, . . . off and on.

It's a single-person narrated history of cinema. Narrator researches the forgotten or glossed over insider stories of the dirty work of making movies down through the years, mostly focused on the golden age and the studio system.

Recently, though, it has gotten more strident, snarky and SJW-y. So I'm listening and the tone is getting strident and I decide to find out what this chick's deal is.

Her name is Karina Longworth [I knew that part] and she married Rian Johnson last year. . . . :-) :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up