ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OMG... A.J. Epenesa. Sheeeit.
Dante84 12:32 PM 04-16-2020
Just getting around to watching video on some first round guys I haven't checked out yet.

How...how is this guy not a top-10 pick? He looks like *prime* JJ Watt in these highlights.

He's destroying Saquad...by destroying his quads...

He's batting passes. He's playing read-options perfectly. He's crushing dudes. He's got a nasty attitude.

Like, is there any chance he's available when we pick?

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:30 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
He is a guy that in a 4-3 is not ideal as en edge rusher so on early downs he does his job and holds the edge.

Then on passing downs you move him inside and let him beat up a guard.

That's more Patriots stuff then what we are probably looking for.
I don't agree that he can't do damage as a pure 4-3 DE.

He's not a speed rusher, but again - this is your strong-side DE. You NEED a guy who can hold the point of attack over there. And if you have that guy, his first move will rarely be to try to beat the RT out wide, so he'll need to be able to win with power and technique.

Epenesa excels in exactly that. Very good hands and seems to always have a plan.

He's not a slug out there at all. He's just not a first step guy.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:52 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

He's not a speed rusher, but again - this is your strong-side DE. You NEED a guy who can hold the point of attack over there. And if you have that guy, his first move will rarely be to try to beat the RT out wide, so he'll need to be able to win with power and technique.

Epenesa excels in exactly that. Very good hands and seems to always have a plan.

Yea I don’t agree that you have to move him inside to get a pass rush out of him. He can do both.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:15 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

If he was on KC that's what I would want. Move him inside next to Jones on passing downs.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up