ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 94
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:13 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Wanna compare tax returns?
Tax return smack? Really?
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:15 AM 03-13-2019
Wanna compare tax returns?
You’re counting the EITC as income, right?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:16 AM 03-13-2019
tax returns???? lmao
[Reply]
Hoover 07:16 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
You’re counting the EITC as income, right?
Hahahahahahha. Damn! #awesome
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 07:17 AM 03-13-2019
He’s an incomplete player. He’s talking now about how he wasn’t heavy enough last year because of an offseason injury, and that’s why his run D suffered “a little.”

Lol... what player in the league is a complete player? If that's your standard then Kelce (not a good blocker), Hill (Not a great route runner or blocker, and
his height limits his effectiveness in the redzone), Jones (bad against the run. takes plays off) are all gone. And we should have NEVER signed Mathieu considering his weakness in pass coverage, and lack of prototypical size.

They can draft a player who fits better Year 1 at the LEO and improved the run D, and spread the money round to other spots and come out ahead overall.

Yeah because elite edge rushers are available at pick #29. Better odds of finding a safety and spreading the money round to other spots and come out ahead overall.

Give me a Sweat/Omenihu/etc. in the draft and a situational pass rusher in FA (Shane Ray, Markus Golden, etc) and another vet CB or S, and ill take that over Ford and just the draft.

LOL... see I knew I wasn't debating someone rational... neither of those guys are falling to the Chiefs...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:18 AM 03-13-2019
Your long-term fandom of Ford is coloring the glasses you use to view him.

Actually, I hated taking Dee in the first round. As an Auburn fan I knew of his elite quickness off the line but I also knew of his deficiencies against the run and in pass coverage.

Yes, he has had two good pass rush seasons. Out of five in the NFL. Consistently elite as a pass rusher? One out of five seasons of elite pass rusher performance does not equal that.

Players don't get better with experience??? You just gloss over the fact that his last those two double digit sack seasons are 2 of the last 3, and the one season he didn't was shortened by injury.

Mathieu is coming off back-to-back full seasons. Watkins is definitely a consistent and ongoing injury concern, but he also amps up the Chiefs offense to a different level, which was the point in getting him.

I would take Dee at $16MM for one year over both of those deals. And I think that's what y'all are missing. We are trying up our money on the least valuable positions (WR/SS/ILB), with players who have injury concerns, and letting more valuable guys walk for the same reasons.

We basically swapped Dee for Mathieu. Cap space is basically the same, and I don't think there would be too much of a difference between the compensatory pick we would get for letting Dee go NEXT year and the second we received in exchange (which is NEXT YEAR TOO). Pass rushers are coveted so the odds of a comparable edge rusher falling to us in the draft is far lower than us landing a Honey Badger type talent.

So, we've potentially sacrificed our pass rush for what? I don't see what we've gained.

The comp pick for Ford would be end of the third round in 2021. Basically a 4th. Which equates to 5th round value in next year’s 2020 draft. That’s a large difference in value.

What I think you’re missing is that Ford clearly doesn’t mesh well with what Spagnuolo wants to do, or he would have been retained. That the money spent on Ford can be spread around on other players who do fit and who are complete players in this system.

Tying up money on ages 28-32 seasons of a guy who has been healthy and productive 40 percent of the time from 23-27 and who is a complete liability against the run is dangerous, too, regardless of position.
[Reply]
Sully 07:18 AM 03-13-2019
I was referring to defense. But he was also one of the best players on the team last year.
I'd be curious to see how you'd rank the top 10 players on the Chiefs from 2018.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 07:18 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Tax return smack? Really?
I mean he started with the educational system talk...
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:19 AM 03-13-2019
My dick is a strong 12 inches when I start measuring at the beginning of my butt crack

Suck on that, Alabama
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 07:19 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Wanna compare cocks?
... and this guy just went straight homo... LOL...

Didn't know Chiefs fans were so weird...
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:20 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Woah, they've apparently climbed the ranks a couple spots.
At least we’re not Mississippi should be Alabama’s state motto.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:21 AM 03-13-2019
... and this guy just went straight homo... LOL...

Didn't know Chiefs fans were so weird...
So you're not a Chiefs fan, eh?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:25 AM 03-13-2019
I mean he started with the educational system talk...
So maybe you should consider SAT score smack next time as an interim step?
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 07:28 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Sully:
I'd be curious to see how you'd rank the top 10 players on the Chiefs from 2018.
Top 7...

1. Mahomes

2 Schwartz
3. Jones
4. Hill
5. Ford
6. Kelce
7. Houston
[Reply]
O.city 07:29 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
My dick is a strong 12 inches when I start measuring at the beginning of my butt crack

Suck on that, Alabama
You too eh?

Congrats
[Reply]
Page 50 of 94
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Up