ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Media Center>StarTrek: "Undiscovered Country" - best Trek movie of all time?
Megatron96 12:26 AM 11-03-2020
Is it possible that "Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country" is the best Star Trek Original Series movie, and not "Star Trek: Wrath of Khan," as most people have always thought?

Seriously important stuff we're thinking about over here . . .
[Reply]
Frazod 08:17 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Wow, no love for Voyager or Star Trek Enterprise?
Voyager had its moments, but was basically Do-Gooders Lost In Space.

As for Enterprise, it also had its moments, but mainly just wasted a lot of potential. I've also never been much of Scott Bakula fan. I never did think he was right for the part, and I don't think he's much of an actor.

I bailed on Voyager fairly early on. I've watched many of the episodes on Netflix, but not all of them. Same with Enterprise.
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:37 AM 11-14-2020
Wow, no love for Voyager or Star Trek Enterprise?
I just haven't made it to these yet. Someday though!
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:38 AM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Wow. This must be the most assbackwards way of becoming a Star Trek fan I've ever heard. :-)
Haha, yeah possibly! It was quite random.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:21 AM 11-14-2020

As for Enterprise, it also had its moments, but mainly just wasted a lot of potential. I've also never been much of Scott Bakula fan. I never did think he was right for the part, and I don't think he's much of an actor.

I bailed on Voyager fairly early on. I've watched many of the episodes on Netflix, but not all of them. Same with Enterprise.
Pretty much agree with this. Bakula is pretty dry.

I did like Quantum Leap back in the day.

And same with me. I’ve kinda jumped around on Voyager and Enterprise. I’ve never seen every episode. I think the general consensus is that Enterprise got pretty good in its final couple of seasons, then they cancelled it.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:51 PM 11-14-2020

And same with me. I’ve kinda jumped around on Voyager and Enterprise. I’ve never seen every episode. I think the general consensus is that Enterprise got pretty good in its final couple of seasons, then they cancelled it.
Both shows got better toward the end because they increased the action and also sexed them up; Voyager with Jeri Ryan and Enterprise with Jolene Blalock getting naked all the time. That saved Voyager, but for Enterprise, it was too little too late.

Related personal story - one of my friends obtains and sells movie and TV memorabilia. He's had some really cool items over the years, including one of Blalock's orange uniforms from Enterprise. He had it on a mannequin. Yes, I did feel it up. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:29 PM 11-14-2020
Curious: where can you watch the 40th anniversary edition of ST:TMP?
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:34 PM 11-14-2020

I watched Enterprise out of loyalty to the show. And I liked several of the characters and some of the stories were pretty good. Never could really accept Bakula as the captain though.

What soured me on the series was the last episode though. Won't spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, but personally I didn't like the last episode at all.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:00 PM 11-14-2020

Voyager has some solid episodes. You can basically go through and watch the Borg arc, plus a few select other ones.

But no way would I ever try to watch that entire series.
[Reply]
notorious 07:28 PM 11-14-2020
Enterprise's opening music was absolutely terrible.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:23 PM 11-14-2020
Believe it or not I have never seen a single Stark Trek movie or episode.
[Reply]
eDave 12:54 PM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Believe it or not I have never seen a single Stark Trek movie or episode.
I hated the series. Watched only a handful. But once the motion pictures hit, well that was better.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:32 PM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Curious: where can you watch the 40th anniversary edition of ST:TMP?
IMO, this is the definitive version: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Director's Cut - Remastered

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Pic...468693&sr=8-13
[Reply]
Donger 01:38 PM 11-15-2020
especially Takei. Is there anything that guy isn't butthurt about?
Ewwww.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:40 PM 11-15-2020
Star Trek The Motion Picture is also streaming on Hulu right now
[Reply]
eDave 08:24 PM 11-15-2020
Anyone got a Hulu login for a dude like me? I can offer a reciprical login for Netflix and/or YTTV, which should be your primary service, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up