ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 153
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:30 AM 11-08-2020
I also can't believe how fucked up
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:31 AM 11-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Spoiler!
Dude, they totally put in a nod to that.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 03:09 PM 11-08-2020
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
bowener 08:08 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

ALSO, HOLY FUCK I KNEW IT

Spoiler!
Shit. I didn't notice that, but now it makes that shot more obvious. I had thought it was more of a "mine is bigger than yours" moment.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:07 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
Shit. I didn't notice that, but now it makes that shot more obvious. I had thought it was more of a "mine is bigger than yours" moment.
I noticed immediately and thought "Okay, that's going too far".

NASA announced last week that the Milky Way galaxy may have as many as 300 million Earth-like planets yet in the Star Wars galaxy, everything revolves around a singular desert planet.

"Expanded Universe" seems like a misnomer for anything beyond the original trilogy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:25 AM 11-09-2020
Who cares. Tatooine is cool.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:45 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I noticed immediately and thought "Okay, that's going too far".

NASA announced last week that the Milky Way galaxy may have as many as 300 million Earth-like planets yet in the Star Wars galaxy, everything revolves around a singular desert planet.

"Expanded Universe" seems like a misnomer for anything beyond the original trilogy.
Apply actual astrophysics and sci-fi disappears completely.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:30 PM 11-09-2020
Who cares. Tatooine is cool.
And apparently, the most important planet in the Star Wars galaxy.

Who'd a thunk?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:55 PM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
And apparently, the most important planet in the Star Wars galaxy.

Who'd a thunk?
:-):-)

I bet it's cheaper to do scenes there, too. Just go to Nevada!

I bet the cost of doing visual effects for a place like Coruscant or Nar Shadaa is prohibitive - I would like to see stuff like that, though. I quite enjoyed the opening of the first episode.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:21 PM 11-09-2020
:-):-)

I bet it's cheaper to do scenes there, too. Just go to Nevada!

I bet the cost of doing visual effects for a place like Coruscant or Nar Shadaa is prohibitive - I would like to see stuff like that, though. I quite enjoyed the opening of the first episode.
Every scene you see is shot surrounded by The Volume.

All of the VFX shots we see are the same thing the actors and director see while shooting. It's Virtual Production.

There's no "On Location" shooting. It's all done on a soundstate in Long Beach.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:53 PM 11-09-2020
Wow - well, I think that makes my point even more.

It has to be a lot less computer man hours to render desertscapes than a bustling city.

Hell, they could get away with using existing footage for a lot of it.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:44 PM 11-09-2020
I know some have criticized it for this, but I don't care whatsoever about them moving the "story" forward quickly. TV has gotten too serialized for my liking over the past twenty years (especially these days with binge watching). There's nothing wrong with episodic television (this past week's was entertaining) and I'm glad this show is providing that in addition to the overarching narrative.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:48 PM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
I've liked it so far.

I had a major geek moment when the X-Wings pulled up. The sound.....oh god. When they switched to attack mode, YES!

Mando is so badass. He is respected by everyone, even sand people. So cool.

This series is similar to general science fiction in that they have a bunch of "stand alone" episodes. Farscape, Star Trek, BSG, etc. come to mind. You shouldn't have every episode directly pushing the main story along or it will become a one rail series.
Yes. I'm also reminded of X-Files with its frequent Monster-of-the-Week episodes while also pushing the main story arc several times throughout a season.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:59 PM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I know some have criticized it for this, but I don't care whatsoever about them moving the "story" forward quickly. TV has gotten too serialized for my liking over the past twenty years (especially these days with binge watching). There's nothing wrong with episodic television (this past week's was entertaining) and I'm glad this show is providing that in addition to the overarching narrative.
There's not a whole lot of places they can really go with the story, without risking it getting too big for it's britches.

He's just a humble Mando, not the savior of the galaxy. He's not Iron Man, Thanos isn't coming through a portal.

I'd rather see him just wrecking shit in Star Wars theme parks. That Krayt Dragon scene was one of the most perfect action sequences in the history of the franchise. The IMAX shots, my fucking GOD.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:23 PM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
My issue is that most of last season was spent on the run from a former Imperial Moff that had his own legion of Stormtroopers, along with Tie Fighters and the legendary Darksaber, yet have all but ignored them so far.

As I mentioned earlier, the Filoni-produced Clone Wars and Rebels often had these types of episodes from time to time but IMO, these episodes shouldn't have appeared so early this season because not only will they lose viewers, that's already begun, as their numbers are down for Season 2 and are currently 50% less than The Boys on Amazon Prime's second season.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 153
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103 > Last »
Up