ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 40
« First < 293536373839 40 >
Media Center>If you're not watching Supernatural...
keg in kc 03:08 AM 01-23-2009
...you should be.

Last night's episode, entitled "Criss Angel is a Douche Bag" (seriously) was awesome (other notable titles this season included "Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester", "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester" and "I Know What You Did Last Summer" which was one of the best eps of the series).

The entire season has been terrific. No bullshit, the show is delivering week after week after week, it's really hitting for me like the X-Files did during it's mid-run peak. It's not like anything else on television, much less anything on the CW. It delivers drama, it delivers emotion, it delivers horror, it delivers subtle comedy. I'm not sure it isn't one of the 2 or 3 best shows on all of television right now. Seriously. It's that good. Give it a look sometime if you haven't already.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:56 AM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I don't have cable, so I gotta wait for Netflix.
You can watch it on the CW App for free
[Reply]
vailpass 12:13 PM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I don't have cable, so I gotta wait for Netflix.
Seasons 1-15 are on Netflix.

https://www.netflix.com/title/70143825
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:59 PM 09-05-2022

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:38 AM 09-06-2022
I'll give it a try. Not that hopeful it'll actually be good (or bad like the original).
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:49 PM 04-16-2024
I finally finished this show after all these years. Stalled after season 11 or something and just couldn’t find the willpower to slog through it until this past year. The final few seasons had some good moments and I’m glad I saw it through.

Spoiler!

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Started watching this a month or two in recommendation from a friend. I'm just about done with season 3 now.
Spoiler!

Anyway, I like both Sam and Dean. Think they have good chemistry together. It definitely made Tall Tales my fave episode so far. When they were telling the story about what happened from their own perspective and Dean made Sam out to be a big pussy. "You're just too precious for this world" :-)
Also, it’s hilarious reading my posts in this thread from when I first started watching over a decade ago.

We did end up seeing Michael, a few different versions actually, and he was powerful af. Probably ended up being like top 5 behind Chuck, Amara, The Empty and Jack.
[Reply]
UteChief 07:43 PM 04-16-2024
I’m curious,I think I watched the first maybe two, but it felt so repetitive. Am I wrong?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:52 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by UteChief:
I’m curious,I think I watched the first maybe two, but it felt so repetitive. Am I wrong?
No, the series is super repetitive and the Winchesters have the most insane plot armor in fiction.

Grading the entire 15 seasons with the lows, I’d probably say it’s like 7/10 but it is 10/10 at peak points.
[Reply]
kepp 07:39 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by UteChief:
It does get repetitive, but they change things up over time. Although, after 15 seasons, pretty much everything is repetitive. Season 5 was the best IMO, but there are plenty of great times in all the seasons.

You need to give it a few more episodes to become attached to the characters. New people are introduced and the whole hunter's universe emerges. It's probably in my top 3 series.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:07 PM 04-17-2024
No, the series is super repetitive and the Winchesters have the most insane plot armor in fiction.
They don't have plot armor - they have plot lives.

Can you call it plot armor if each character dies 6 times a piece?
[Reply]
Bowser 05:02 PM 04-17-2024

Grading the entire 15 seasons with the lows, I’d probably say it’s like 7/10 but it is 10/10 at peak points.
When it's bad, it can be really bad. When it's good, it's as good as any supernatural story that's been told on TV. It's been THAT good.

I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere, but I remember the show was originally slated for five seasons with it culminating with Chuck fading out in the last scene of the last episode, IIRC. But the popularity of the show wouldn't die with the all the fangirls fangirling all over the still young-ish internet. Like any show that lasts that long, it slogs in parts, but overall it is definitely worth the watch start to finish.

Jeremy Renner needs to send Jensen Ackles a thank you present every year on the anniversary release date of the first Thor movie. I wonder what the MCU and Avengers would have looked like with Ackles as Hawkeye*? More proof to the popularity of the show that he couldn't leave to do the Marvel movies.

*how bad ass would it be to see Ackles as a Hawkeye variant in Deadpool or Secret Wars? /ubernerd
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:52 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
They don't have plot armor - they have plot lives.

Can you call it plot armor if each character dies 6 times a piece?
Spoiler!

Buuuut there’s still only so many times you can watch an all-powerful archangel monologuing to Sam while Dean sneaks up and knifes them from behind.

Originally Posted by Bowser:
When it's bad, it can be really bad. When it's good, it's as good as any supernatural story that's been told on TV. It's been THAT good.

I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere, but I remember the show was originally slated for five seasons with it culminating with Chuck fading out in the last scene of the last episode, IIRC. But the popularity of the show wouldn't die with the all the fangirls fangirling all over the still young-ish internet. Like any show that lasts that long, it slogs in parts, but overall it is definitely worth the watch start to finish.

Jeremy Renner needs to send Jensen Ackles a thank you present every year on the anniversary release date of the first Thor movie. I wonder what the MCU and Avengers would have looked like with Ackles as Hawkeye*? More proof to the popularity of the show that he couldn't leave to do the Marvel movies.

*how bad ass would it be to see Ackles as a Hawkeye variant in Deadpool or Secret Wars? /ubernerd
I was unaware of the Ackles/Hawkeye thing and now I’m pissed off. I do not like Jeremy Renner at all and Jensen Ackles is in the top 5 of my man crush list. I would have loved for Ackles to join the MCU but they would have run into the issue of him being prettier than Captain America lol would have been awkward.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:52 PM 04-17-2024
At least we got to see Ackles as a Cap ripoff in The Boys. I thought him as Soldier Boy was hilarious.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:03 PM 04-17-2024
both the main actors said they would be down for a new season of this show.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:47 PM 04-19-2024
I was unaware of the Ackles/Hawkeye thing and now I’m pissed off. I do not like Jeremy Renner at all and Jensen Ackles is in the top 5 of my man crush list. I would have loved for Ackles to join the MCU but they would have run into the issue of him being prettier than Captain America lol would have been awkward.
I will direct your attention to the movies The Town and Wind River in an attempt to change your mind on Renner, good sir. He flexes his acting chops in both, and both are fantastic flicks.

And here's a little reading material for you, just to REALLY stoke the "What If" fires on Ackles in the MCU.....

https://fandomwire.com/i-had-a-reall...with-the-boys/
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:02 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I will direct your attention to the movies The Town and Wind River in an attempt to change your mind on Renner, good sir. He flexes his acting chops in both, and both are fantastic flicks.

And here's a little reading material for you, just to REALLY stoke the "What If" fires on Ackles in the MCU.....

https://fandomwire.com/i-had-a-reall...with-the-boys/
I’ve seen The Town. It produced one of my favorite movie clips of all time. OF ALL TIME!

There’s just something about Renner. He always seems so smug. Like, too cocky and arrogant for my liking.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 40
« First < 293536373839 40 >
Up