ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>John Madden Suggests NFL Teams Use Madden For Game Prep
Easy 6 04:23 PM 01-25-2021
Sorry can't embed text, a major failing of mine... just found it interesting, what do you guys think?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...?ocid=msedgntp
[Reply]
eDave 04:31 PM 01-25-2021
Long way to go for that. Perhaps a different developer.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 04:31 PM 01-25-2021

John Madden thinks NFL teams can benefit from hiring Madden players https://t.co/Av3H3rOWW1

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) January 25, 2021

[Reply]
Mecca 04:32 PM 01-25-2021
Madden is way to arcadey with to much ability to cheese mechanics for this to ever work.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:36 PM 01-25-2021
Maybe if the game didn’t fucking suck.
[Reply]
Shoes 04:37 PM 01-25-2021
Anyone who is decent at Madden knows that football knowledge only takes you so far in that game because EA Sports isn't great at creating a sim football experience. Sports video games (especially football) haven't come far enough to emulate what is happening on Sundays.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:50 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Long way to go for that. Perhaps a different developer.
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Madden is way to arcadey with to much ability to cheese mechanics for this to ever work.
Agreed on all of this, really just not sure their player evaluations and gameplay are realisitic enough to glean any truly useful knowledge from

Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Maybe if the game didn’t fucking suck.
This answer definitely works as well :-)
[Reply]
Sofa King 04:50 PM 01-25-2021
John Madden isn’t dead?
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 04:53 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
John Madden isn’t dead?
I was just as surprised at this fact as you.
[Reply]
TLO 04:55 PM 01-25-2021
The last Madden game I played had Shaun Alexander on the cover.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:02 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
John Madden isn’t dead?
Apparently not, but at 84 his brain is definitely getting mushy because he seems to be listening to a bunch of pie in the sky from the developers about how realistic his game is

The last couple versions I've bought truly SUCK, including '19
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:06 PM 01-25-2021
Madden, maybe not. But I'm curious about VR. Mahomes claimed he was using it at Texas tech. I always wondered how much that helped him with his development or how much teams in college or pros use it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:22 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Madden, maybe not. But I'm curious about VR. Mahomes claimed he was using it at Texas tech. I always wondered how much that helped him with his development or how much teams in college or pros use it.
Literally never heard of that, had to look it up just now and it does seem to be catching on... almost certainly more useful than Madden

[Reply]
kccrow 05:26 PM 01-25-2021
There are so many variables that go into the actual on-field performance of a single NFL player that simulating it in some realistic way is impossible. You have to come up with play-to-play, quarter-to-quarter, and game-to-game fatigue that closely resembles reality. They have to incorporate realistic movement and reactional movement AIs. Real-time spacing. Temperature, altitude, etc effects by player. Variable ball trajectories and speeds. Realistic physics alone with a football is a nightmare. Blah blah blah. I'm ranting. No fucking way EA could pull this off. Maybe, if they put the best 100 programmers in the video game industry in a room with all the computing power they'd ever need, they'd get close... but it would take a while.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:46 PM 01-25-2021
I’ve tried to watch a few of those Madden simulations on YouTube.

Stupid idea covered in butt sweat riding in a horse trailer.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up