ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What are the odds of a Chris Jones fine/suspension?
TLO 03:22 PM 01-25-2021

I guess I would assume a fine is coming, but what about a suspension? I'm not sure what the standard punishment for punching a guy is.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:00 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I honestly don't see the flop, looks to me like his legs legit gave out

If the NFL insists on taking a game or two from him, they damn sure better do it next year

Dude that flop would make a soccer Mom blush.
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:05 PM 01-25-2021
The sequence goes
Brushing Punch
Attempt trip
Serious Flop
[Reply]
jdubya 08:49 PM 01-25-2021
Flop or not, intentions be damned, others have been suspended games for this. The NFL is in a quandary. If one loses games and another is just fined, there will be hell to pay from one side or the other. I love it when the NFL plays its subjective hand and gets their tails in a crack because of the idiocy.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 08:52 PM 01-25-2021
They all have helmets. Punching should be the last thing that gets you ejected/suspended/fined. Dumbfuck rule.
[Reply]
Only158 09:11 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yep, the NFL isn't going to suspend its best defensive lineman for the Super Bowl
Really? Does Aaron Donald know he's behind Chris Jones? Best D lineman still playing? Sure. Glad hes on our team, but still giving the nod to Donald for best in the NFL.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:14 PM 01-25-2021
Neither. But the Bills guy should get a Oscar.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:17 PM 01-25-2021
Based on the way the Bill flopped, he should be in the NFL's concussion protocol.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:17 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Dude that flop would make a soccer Mom blush.
I'm just not seeing that, some of it may have been 76 not expecting it and getting caught off balance... but Chris clearly coldcocked him with force IMO
[Reply]
wazu 09:20 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Flop or not, intentions be damned, others have been suspended games for this. The NFL is in a quandary. If one loses games and another is just fined, there will be hell to pay from one side or the other. I love it when the NFL plays its subjective hand and gets their tails in a crack because of the idiocy.
Can you please cite where somebody has been suspended for slapping a player in the helmet? Not saying you're wrong, but if it's ever happened I just don't remember it.
[Reply]
jdubya 10:33 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Can you please cite where somebody has been suspended for slapping a player in the helmet? Not saying you're wrong, but if it's ever happened I just don't remember it.
Javon Wims suspended 2 games, a couple years ago someone smacked Big Ben in the head after a play and was out a game or 2. Burfect, although a repeat offender, missed most of his last season for a rather small late hit. I’ll have to dig a little to find more but those came to mind immediately.

I’m not saying it deserves a suspension at all. It wasn’t a big deal but the NFL is so inconsistent with its suspensions and fines. Everything is so subjective. Let’s just say the scales of justice aren’t equal in the NFL.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 11:01 PM 01-25-2021
I'd like to see the angle from the other side of the field. It looks like the Bills player might have kidney punched Jones just before Jones hit him.

Chris Jones threw a punch at Jon Feliciano.

No call. #BillsMafia #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/Noo2MuW1VY

— Dan Fetes (@danfetes) January 25, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:18 PM 01-25-2021
Absolutely looks like Jones got sucker punched in the side on that replay.
[Reply]
srvy 11:25 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
Looks like Jones was going for the Brachial Stun.
And landed, the way fatty dropped like a sack of spuds. That leg was quivering like he had the jimmies knocked out of him.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:29 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Suspension is Suh digging someone's helmet into the ground and then kicking him while he's still on the ground.

Chris has a nasty attitude and makes dumb decisions, but he's not as grimy as Suh.
Agreed. Let's hope Suh will not get the opportunity to do this to Mahomes.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:30 PM 01-25-2021
Jones was just kicking their arses all game and they knew it was coming because he did it to them when we played them earlier in the year.:-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up