ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who are the national media types that ARE solid?
DaFace 12:45 PM 01-25-2021
With so much angst about what the national media thought coming into yesterday's game, it got me wondering about which talking heads ARE worth the time. And I'm not talking about people who are generally Chiefs "fans" at some level like Pete Schrager (or obviously Nick Wright) so much as guys who are actually pretty objective and bring something to the conversation.

I see Chris Simms thrown out a lot, and I've enjoyed what I've watched of him. Rich Eisen seems solid. Who else?
[Reply]
carcosa 01:45 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Maybe it’s because he’s working with epic dumbshit Skip Bayless, but Shannon Sharpe has become tolerable.
I think Shannon gets genuine pleasure from roasting him lol
[Reply]
Frazod 01:47 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Nick Wright and Danny Parkins was the golden age of KC sports radio. Danny kept that show really strong after taking over for Nick but then left for your city once he got the opportunity (he was always a die hard Chicago fan).

KC sports radio is just complete ass now. Unwashed ass. Just unbearable.
I haven't actually lived in the KC area since I was a baby, so I basically know nothing about the radio scene except for what I read here.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:54 PM 01-25-2021
I generally like all of the radio, talk show, commentators, etc. They don't bother me much either way. I don't go out of my way to seek them or their opinions out so I don't often get upset by them.

The only ones I don't like are the ones with consistently stupid takes that are so obviously hammed up to drive controversy for clicks/views.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:55 PM 01-25-2021
Chris Simms is the best Football Analyst out there, IMO. He's the whole package. He's smart, he's engaging and he tells it like it is. I'm a big fan.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:57 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
With so much angst about what the national media thought coming into yesterday's game, it got me wondering about which talking heads ARE worth the time. And I'm not talking about people who are generally Chiefs "fans" at some level like Pete Schrager (or obviously Nick Wright) so much as guys who are actually pretty objective and bring something to the conversation.

I see Chris Simms thrown out a lot, and I've enjoyed what I've watched of him. Rich Eisen seems solid. Who else?
I like Dan Orlovsky, Marcus Spears, Ryan Clark on ESPN. Boomer on CBS has always been pretty spot on, while Phil Simms seems to have a bone to pick with the Chiefs(maybe to offset his son). Jimmy Johnson on FOX is about the only one whose opinion I trust on their show. Terry Bradshaw is a moron. Howie Long still hates the Chiefs. Tony is Tony being Tony.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:59 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
If I wasn't a Chiefs fan I'd hate Nick Wright. He has just become insufferable. Of course, he's insufferable in a way I agree with, but still. Dude needs to dial it down a notch and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

My favorite is probably McAfee. Even though he played for the Colts, he seems like a great guy, is informed and entertaining, and has great takes and great stories.

Simms is very good. I like Eisen as well. Like someone else said, Skip is such a complete tool that he makes Sharpe look brilliant, but he's still Sharpe.
Pat McAfee is fantastic...his show on YouTube is must watch when I can. Eisen is pretty good too. I can't stand any show with Skip Worthless.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:00 PM 01-25-2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:01 PM 01-25-2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:02 PM 01-25-2021

[Reply]
carcosa 02:02 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Chris Simms is the best Football Analyst out there, IMO. He's the whole package. He's smart, he's engaging and he tells it like it is. I'm a big fan.
It's really remarkable considering who his dad is.
[Reply]
carcosa 02:05 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I like Dan Orlovsky, Marcus Spears, Ryan Clark on ESPN. Boomer on CBS has always been pretty spot on, while Phil Simms seems to have a bone to pick with the Chiefs(maybe to offset his son). Jimmy Johnson on FOX is about the only one whose opinion I trust on their show. Terry Bradshaw is a moron. Howie Long still hates the Chiefs. Tony is Tony being Tony.
Ryan Clark really earned some respect from me this year. He was consistently honest about the Steelers being frauds and the Chiefs being elite.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:05 PM 01-25-2021

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:06 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Brett Kollmann
Lulz
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:07 PM 01-25-2021

[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:07 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Nick Wright and Danny Parkins was the golden age of KC sports radio. Danny kept that show really strong after taking over for Nick but then left for your city once he got the opportunity (he was always a die hard Chicago fan).

KC sports radio is just complete ass now. Unwashed ass. Just unbearable.
Cody Tapp is pretty good.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up