ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 24
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fisher has a Achilles injury
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:36 PM 01-24-2021

T Eric Fisher is out with an achilles injury.

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) January 25, 2021

tough break for Chiefs and Fisher. They'll play in Super Bowl without either starting tackle. https://t.co/O4KR9KJ65r

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) January 25, 2021

[Reply]
kcxiv 08:42 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You're right; he probably doesn't care about football. Veach completely ****ed up this third rounder. We'll certainly keep this hot take bookmarked for you.

Anxiously awaiting your take on Williams and LDT as well. Hope they weren't ever around any potential covid carriers.
lol, agreed.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:44 PM 01-25-2021
Guys, let's not re-litigate the Niang situation.

It's entirely possible it's a huge contradiction that he participated in a BLM protest and then opted out of the season.

It's also entirely possible that he participated in a single BLM protest because it was an emotional time and issue for him and he tried to keep appropriate distance from others. And it's possible he didn't see a contradiction in opting out of an NFL season where close contact was going to be the norm and no one had any idea how the season or the evolution of the virus was likely to proceed. I wouldn't be shocked if he deeply regretted that decision regardless of how the Chiefs had done.

It's also possible the guy has personal issues that we have no idea about.

We'll see what he's able to contribute next year. If we can win a SB without him this season, it's a nice win for the Chiefs that he chose to opt out as we have another year of his control.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 09:36 PM 01-25-2021
If we are going for the first 3 peat in NFL history we need to do anything possible to keep the offensive line together. 1. Wish Fish a speedy recovery hopefully he is back early next year. 2. LDT comes back after a year away playing his best football. 3. Schwartz gets over the back issues with a full offseason possibly corrective surgery. 4. Draft your center for next ten years with your second/third rounder.

LT - Fish
LG - Allegretti
C - Draft
RG - LDT
RT - Schwartz

All of that said I have a hard time believing Veach spent a third on Niang if he wasn't planning to move on from one of the tackles or LDT after this year.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:48 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Guys, let's not re-litigate the Niang situation.

It's entirely possible it's a huge contradiction that he participated in a BLM protest and then opted out of the season.

It's also entirely possible that he participated in a single BLM protest because it was an emotional time and issue for him and he tried to keep appropriate distance from others. And it's possible he didn't see a contradiction in opting out of an NFL season where close contact was going to be the norm and no one had any idea how the season or the evolution of the virus was likely to proceed. I wouldn't be shocked if he deeply regretted that decision regardless of how the Chiefs had done.

It's also possible the guy has personal issues that we have no idea about.

We'll see what he's able to contribute next year. If we can win a SB without him this season, it's a nice win for the Chiefs that he chose to opt out as we have another year of his control.
Great post. I don’t care if he did go to a protest. I care if he can help my team.

I think we all knew Niang was the wildcard when we drafted him. If he hit it would make the rookie class special. But then Wharton, Sneed and Danna happened while Clyde was awesome and Gay looks promising.

It would suck if the guy doesn’t work out but it feels like we’re playing with house money.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:56 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They're probably going to have to use 2 top 100 picks on OL unless they get creative in FA.
They're gonna have to get creative in free agency.

Going into next season with two rookie starting tackles and possibly a rookie center is really not an option.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:57 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
We wont have Fisher and Schwartz is probably finished. You're not going to surround your 500 mil QB with journeymen tackles
You don't bookend your $500M QB with two rookie tackles, either.

They've got work to do.
[Reply]
wazu 09:57 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They're gonna have to get creative in free agency.

Going into next season with two rookie starting tackles and possibly a rookie center is really not an option.
Depends on the rookies. We've had hot garbage playing o-line all year and we're gonna be in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:01 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Position of need is more critical than simply BPA when you have a close to SB ready roster. What if BPA is a RB or WR?

We need OL and LB.
If the BPA is a WR, you take him. This team revolves around playmakers. You get as many as you can.

Value has to be taken into account.

LB in the first is absolutely out of the question.

OT, DE, WR, DB - those are positions of value in round 1 and they're much more valuable as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:05 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Depends on the rookies. We've had hot garbage playing o-line all year and we're gonna be in the Super Bowl.
Dude, that hot garbage lacks athleticism but they generally understand the game. Young players, even ones that are athletic, make mental mistakes.

Two rookie tackles is a good recipe to get your QB killed.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:06 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If the BPA is a WR, you take him. This team revolves around playmakers. You get as many as you can.

Value has to be taken into account.

LB in the first is absolutely out of the question.

OT, DE, WR, DB - those are positions of value in round 1 and they're much more valuable as well.
We play 2 LBs about 80% of the time right now it's Hitchens and Wilson next year it'll be Hitchens and Gay, drafting a LB in round 1 is a waste of resources.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:07 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Remmers should get some credit, dude has filled in admirably.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:08 PM 01-25-2021
We play 2 LBs about 80% of the time right now it's Hitchens and Wilson next year it'll be Hitchens and Gay, drafting a LB in round 1 is a waste of resources.
Yep.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:10 PM 01-25-2021
You could sell me on Pat Freiermuth at 32 though. That'd make this O sick nasty.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:12 PM 01-25-2021
You could sell me on Pat Freiermuth at 32 though. That'd make this O sick nasty.
Truth.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:14 PM 01-25-2021
While I generally agree, how confident are we in Gay being ready to step up next year? I have a lot of hope for him, but he still seems extremely raw and i’m not really sure he ever got the opportunity to show much growth or improvement this year. Obviously he still made some nice plays, but he still seems to not know the defense and doesn’t exactly know what he’s doing a lot of the time. When he makes a play it seems to be pure athleticism and instinct, not exactly making a great read.

I certainly hope with a full off-season he gets more opportunity to grow.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 24
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Up