ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 39
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 General Fitness thread
Buehler445 11:48 AM 01-02-2021
How's everyone's 2021? These threads have been full of good stuff in years past.

What are we doing this year?
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:52 AM 01-02-2021
I'm looking for a basic beginners Yoga routine.

My flexibility is asshole. When I hit the gym after harvest I've been stretching before and after, but I obviously need to focus more on flexibility and balance than only strength. Cardio is ass too, but I'm good with the bike.

EDIT: I need video too. I suck so much at Yoga, just a list of poses isn't going to get it done.

I found a few on YouTube and there were a fuckload, but some of them were wonky. I was hoping someone here would have something simple for a rube.
[Reply]
-King- 11:54 AM 01-02-2021
Yoyo'd the fuck out of last year. Started at about 220 and got in real good shape around 185-190 but then fucked it all off when I fucked up my shoulder catching a falling ceiling fan that wasn't braced right. Gonna get back at it soon and hopefully once I reach the 185 area I can maintain it without getting bored or having something happens that fucks up my workouts/diet.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:57 AM 01-02-2021
I think the most accurate description of my fitness right now would be "poor". Or perhaps "lacking". Maybe "nonexistent".
[Reply]
Cornstock 11:59 AM 01-02-2021
Building out the garage into a fitness space/man cave, have a treadmill and some free weights. As I get into better shape I'll add some more stuff, I have my eye on a wall mounted squat rack that folds up, I figure I can do bench press and other good stuff with that.
[Reply]
scho63 12:00 PM 01-02-2021
My health went to shit in 2020. Fucking COVID killed working out. I sweat and pant too much when on the elliptical to use a mask. Can't wait for this nonsense to end.

My only negative of a good year.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:17 PM 01-02-2021
There's a bodyweight fitness sub on reddit and I've been doing variations of their recommended routine for the past ~3-4 months.

Things I was awful at before (pull-ups and dips) have progressed nicely and I'm now decent at, while things I think I was already decent at (push-ups and some of the leg and core things) have gotten better, too.

Seems like a good beginner to intermediate-ish program, focusing on progressive overload. It's not just "do pull-ups, and use a chair if you suck at them", but if needed, starting with hangs or pull-up negatives.

It brought me out of the ancient times of the P90x style workout, where I was probably doing far more endurance training than I realized.

Also walking a couple miles every couple days, with two monster hills nearby. Dealing with calf tightness and shin splints, depending on the day... getting old sucks.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:19 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

My flexibility is asshole. When I hit the gym after harvest I've been stretching before and after, but I obviously need to focus more on flexibility and balance than only strength. Cardio is ass too, but I'm good with the bike.

EDIT: I need video too. I suck so much at Yoga, just a list of poses isn't going to get it done.

I found a few on YouTube and there were a fuckload, but some of them were wonky. I was hoping someone here would have something simple for a rube.
Before seeing your edit, I was going to mention I'm sure youtube has a ton out there... the old school P90x has a good balance posture routine. The yoga part is crazy repetitive and boring, IMO, but the 2nd half is balance stuff, which I found helped over time.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:21 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
There's a bodyweight fitness sub on reddit and I've been doing variations of their recommended routine for the past ~3-4 months.

Things I was awful at before (pull-ups and dips) have progressed nicely and I'm now decent at, while things I think I was already decent at (push-ups and some of the leg and core things) have gotten better, too.

Seems like a good beginner to intermediate-ish program, focusing on progressive overload. It's not just "do pull-ups, and use a chair if you suck at them", but if needed, starting with hangs or pull-up negatives.

It brought me out of the ancient times of the P90x style workout, where I was probably doing far more endurance training than I realized.

Also walking a couple miles every couple days, with two monster hills nearby. Dealing with calf tightness and shin splints, depending on the day... getting old sucks.
Wanna link it up?
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:26 PM 01-02-2021

When I get back to a computer I’ll comment on the shin splint stuff. Turns out I got old at 21ish LOL.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:28 PM 01-02-2021
Before seeing your edit, I was going to mention I'm sure youtube has a ton out there... the old school P90x has a good balance posture routine. The yoga part is crazy repetitive and boring, IMO, but the 2nd half is balance stuff, which I found helped over time.
I’ve done the p90x yoga years ago.

I can’t do an hour and a half. I’m looking at 20-30 min.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:29 PM 01-02-2021

Subscribed

Have a finished basement for the first time in my adult life and planned to build out an epic entertainment space. Spent months shopping for the perfect furniture then waiting a couple more months for it to be built and shipped. Donated the old furniture we had down there the day before delivery. Delivery day comes and you guessed it, the furniture didn't fit despite triple measuring before ordering.

Found all new furniture that will assemble upon delivery but won't be deliverable until end of fucking April. So I've got this large room with a wall mounted monster tv and no furniture.

Going with a makeshift yoga dojo til the furniture delivers. Looking for beginner vids.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:00 PM 01-02-2021
I’ve done the p90x yoga years ago.

I can’t do an hour and a half. I’m looking at 20-30 min.
Yeah, most of their stuff could be trimmed down by a lot... like annihilating your biceps for 50 minutes probably isn't necessary.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:04 PM 01-02-2021
I’ve done really well in terms of working out 3X a week. My problem is still calories.

I can’t stop eating too many calories
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:06 PM 01-02-2021
When I get back to a computer I’ll comment on the shin splint stuff. Turns out I got old at 21ish LOL.
Thanks... started as calf pain and apparently had to learn how to walk, heh... but as I've shifted weight and landing and so forth, it's mostly in the shins now.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 39
1 234511 > Last »
Up