ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>American Gods (STARZ)
unlurking 07:22 AM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08:31 AM 05-06-2017
Originally Posted by Silock:
I didn't care for it. Too much slow-mo. Confusing plot (I haven't read the books). Lots of dialogue that doesn't actually develop the characters in any way.

I'll keep watching, but the pilot didn't do anything for me.
This is how i felt. Might be a genre issue for me.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:29 PM 05-07-2017
Just watched episode 1. Really liked it. I don't know anything about the plot or book, but like the way it started. The opening sequence with the Vikings was pretty damn funny, and I'm guessing that somehow ties into the story later? Either way gonna watch ep 2 tomorrow.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:35 PM 05-07-2017
Ian McShane is just balls-on perfect casting.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:51 PM 05-07-2017
It's weird but I can't turn away.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:37 PM 05-07-2017
The rewrites aren't doing it for me. Such a good book. Maybe the show would be better if i hadn't read it.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:47 PM 05-07-2017
Spoiler!

[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:18 PM 05-07-2017
Good stuff
[Reply]
vailpass 08:56 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Spoiler!
Agreed. They are making changes to the storyline i.e. opening scene where the vikings inexplicably battle each other instead of sacrificing the native, Shadow's wife appearing as a dream instead of real in the hotel room, them having a house instead of an apartment and him spending a needless amount of time there, the slave ship scene,etc. none of which happened in the book. Drawing out the scene with the Russian god's to the point of boring, having a skinny Techno in a ridiculous cyber limo, Media already appearing,and in a Sam's club etc.
Shadow not being noticeably larger to the point where people comment on his size.
The difference between Starz and HBO is really apparent with this one.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:58 PM 05-09-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Agreed. They are making changes to the storyline i.e. opening scene where the vikings inexplicably battle each other instead of sacrificing the native, Shadow's wife appearing as a dream instead of real in the hotel room, them having a house instead of an apartment and him spending a needless amount of time there, the slave ship scene,etc. none of which happened in the book. Drawing out the scene with the Russian god's to the point of boring, having a skinny Techno in a ridiculous cyber limo, Media already appearing,and in a Sam's club etc.
Shadow not being noticeably larger to the point where people comment on his size.
The difference between Starz and HBO is really apparent with this one.
Spoiler!

Pertaining to book vs show differences:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
vailpass 03:11 PM 05-09-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Spoiler!

Pertaining to book vs show differences:

Spoiler!
Good points all. I'm less sanguine than you I think where it comes to rewrites whose only purpose is to stretch a story. The scene in the Russian's house dragged on forever to the point of boredom. Strict adherence to the book I know is rarely possible and it is early on so I'm not giving up on it yet. All in all it's pretty 'meh' so far. (And Shadow needs to be bigger.)
[Reply]
Rausch 10:47 AM 05-11-2017
Between Preacher and this I hope there's a strong push towards more adult COMIX fare from here on...
[Reply]
vailpass 12:44 PM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Between Preacher and this I hope there's a strong push towards more adult COMIX fare from here on...
This one is lame but Preacher and Legion are ab fab.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:39 PM 05-11-2017
Renewed for a second season.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:34 PM 05-14-2017
Kinda thought it would be a while for the gay sex but oh well.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:54 PM 05-14-2017
Haha that'll scare away the Redneck demographic :-)

GOOD show by the way, The leprechaun is great and McShane kills it. The dude who plays Shadow is, ironically, overshadowed by him sometimes..
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up