ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 162 of 172
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:05 AM 09-23-2020
From what I can gather, he was coming up to a T intersection and for some reason didn’t stop. Blew straight through the intersection and went off the top of the T into a wooded area. He was dead by the time any help arrived.

We had ridden that road together quite a lot, so I’m not really sure why he didn’t stop.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:36 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
From what I can gather, he was coming up to a T intersection and for some reason didn’t stop. Blew straight through the intersection and went off the top of the T into a wooded area. He was dead by the time any help arrived.

We had ridden that road together quite a lot, so I’m not really sure why he didn’t stop.
Damn. that sucks. Hate to think it was equipment failure.

It sucks when that happens / not knowing 'why'. there was a popular rider around here that was always at bike nights, always saw him out and about. everyone referred to him as Top Hat because he would ride with....a Top Hat.

heard through the grapevine he went down and died; on the ramp to EB K10 from NB K7. Weeks later, I was driving by for an unrelated errand, and saw a small cross and a top hat affixed to it. Sort of the similar situation as your friend; where the cross was (assuming that's where he ended up), it appeared he just went straight off the curve of the ramp to EB K10. My gut says he likely was in the 3rd lane (which ends up being the exit lane) and maybe wasn't paying attention, thinking it was just a 3 lane hwy; then the lane / ramp curved, and off he went. I heard he crashed after like 10pm so it was dark. But, the dude rode everywhere around here, so it's hard to imagine he wasn't familiar with the area/roads. Maybe he was distracted; hopefully it wasn't a drinking and riding scenario (I don't even like to speculate on that). But I have no idea.

It was just so odd / didn't make sense how he crashed. just straight off.

ride safe out there.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:22 AM 10-08-2020
Perma-grin™

for a few dollars more

Originally Posted by Dayze:
Magna v4. Those were fun. I rode one once, but it was a pice of shit. Not the make or model....but how it was maintined by a friend of mine...which was zero maint.Lol. I bet riding a proper one would be fun.

Speaking of v4’s..A guy I ride with who up until recently rode Ultras and Street glides, Can’t ride two up anymore ,and can’t do long weekend trips pretty much anymore. So he’s more of a solo day rider /quick ride type guy now.

So he sold off his bikes, and got I think a 2019 Vmax.

He said he bought it, and it was being shipped. I was like “dude, that bike is unreal with power., and totally different than any bike you’ve ridden ...you up for it”.? He literally said “yeah, it’s just a little sporty cruiser. That’s what the sales guy on the phone said”

:-)

He’s had it about four months. First weekend he took it out, he told me he was selling it. He had never been on something like that and was just stupid fast. Told him to give it a bit. Now he absolutely loves it. As a 60yr old, 30yr Harley guy. We all went for a ride to Cassoday earlier this month and he
was more than Than happy to ride the shit out of it. Even getting some pretty good lean in corners.

Being a Harley guy for so long, it was hilarious when he said “man, it’s so fun in the corners.”....as though that was never a concept to him on his HD. Just hilarious seeing a 60yr old have the smile of a 20 yr old about a bike.

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:29 PM 01-22-2021
Well this looks to be my birthday purchase for the year, and probably a few to follow. My wife gets the better end of this deal, I get a $13,000 bike while she gets a $250,000-$300,000 house.

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/hy...d/models/mt-10
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:49 PM 01-22-2021
did you get a bike garage?

Yes? Then you win.

Well this looks to be my birthday purchase for the year, and probably a few to follow. My wife gets the better end of this deal, I get a $13,000 bike while she gets a $250,000-$300,000 house.

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:52 PM 01-22-2021
Houses we are looking at all have at least a 2 car garage, a few have 3 care and some have sheds in the backyard that can be turned into bike/gear storage
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:31 PM 01-22-2021
I like corner lots with 3 car garages if I have to have neighbors.

A lean-to works when attached to a 10' garage for a carport/ place to entertain.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:51 PM 01-22-2021

. I waffled N1k and MT 10 for two years lol

That cross plane motor sounds sick. Short wheel base.....wheelie monster :-)
I rode a friends R1M. which is ‘basically’ the same motor as the MT. HOly shit. You’re gonna have a blast.

Awesome choice. Shit I still want to get one.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:16 PM 01-22-2021

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:34 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
. I waffled N1k and MT 10 for two years lol

That cross plane motor sounds sick. Short wheel base.....wheelie monster :-)
I rode a friends R1M. which is ‘basically’ the same motor as the MT. HOly shit. You’re gonna have a blast.

Awesome choice. Shit I still want to get one.

I’m hoping that in a couple months they will have their spring sale at dealerships and I can get a good deal. They just rolled out the 21 year model and it has some updates, so far everywhere is asking for the full $13,000 MSRP. I have seen some 20s for $10,200 pretty frequently, some even lower, I guess if it boils down I can get a 20 if nobody budges on the 21 price.

I’m excited about getting it, looking at exhaust and tuning already, seeing where I can get to 154 hp pretty easily along with 82 lb ft at the wheels which is what crank numbers are for the machine from factory. Very much looking forward to that
[Reply]
Graystoke 04:22 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
That looks dangerous as F
[Reply]
Dayze 07:19 PM 01-25-2021
I’m hoping that in a couple months they will have their spring sale at dealerships and I can get a good deal. They just rolled out the 21 year model and it has some updates, so far everywhere is asking for the full $13,000 MSRP. I have seen some 20s for $10,200 pretty frequently, some even lower, I guess if it boils down I can get a 20 if nobody budges on the 21 price.

I’m excited about getting it, looking at exhaust and tuning already, seeing where I can get to 154 hp pretty easily along with 82 lb ft at the wheels which is what crank numbers are for the machine from factory. Very much looking forward to that

Yeah, I got my 19 N1k in April of 20 for 10k OTD. They had it listed for 10.8k. And new 20s at that time we’re going for 13.5 I think. Granted, the 20 had cruise and the 19 didn’t which was a bummer for me but oh well. You can save quite a bit if you have fund a leftover new model year etc. definitely worth finding em,
[Reply]
Graystoke 10:33 AM 02-23-2021
Pulled the trigger on this little Adventure Thumper from KTM.
I am an aging rider and need a more nimble, lighter machine so I don't get myself in a jam when I go out west to Utah and Colorado.
https://www.ktm.com/en-us/models/tra...nture2021.html

$7000 OTD, pick it up this Saturday.
Hate to say it but sometime this spring letting the Triumph Tiger 800XC hit the road.
After 75K I have a love affair with this bike. But the time has come to go lighter (150lb lighter) more nimble motorcycle.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:02 AM 02-23-2021
I am looking for something less "top heavy" than my 1st gen Connie
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:48 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Perma-grin™

for a few dollars more

I'm going to stick with the ZX 14 for now. I think my next major purchase after doing the add-ons to the new house is going to be one of those mid-engine corvettes. I love that bike though.
[Reply]
Page 162 of 172
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166 > Last »
Up