Page 14 of 68
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
Mecca 12:27 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Winning would grow his brand more than being in New York.

See Mahomes in KC, Lamar Jackson in Baltimore, Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay... all QB’s in small markets with significant brand profiles.
Baltimore isn't exactly small but I meant if he won there more than anything.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:53 PM 01-28-2021
Would Tebow consider a return to football?
[Reply]
BWillie 01:14 PM 01-28-2021
Seems like kind of a whiner to me but he's certainly more in the right than the Texans. How you mess it up with a Top5 QB who is 25 is beyond me. They traded away some top wide outs for no reason, employed BoB, and the not working taking his feedback in the coach/GM was the last straw.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:17 PM 01-28-2021
Are there any updates on this? I haven't read the megathread.

Just tell me Denver isn't in the mix. I can handle him going anywhere but there.

Denver is ready to go to the AFCCG right now if they have Watson under center. They have a decent OL but great weapons everywhere.

Make good upgrades across their D, and that team with Watson could very well be 2nd in the AFC.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:21 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

Just tell me Denver isn't in the mix. I can handle him going anywhere but there.

Denver is ready to go to the AFCCG right now if they have Watson under center. They have a decent OL but great weapons everywhere.

Make good upgrades across their D, and that team with Watson could very well be 2nd in the AFC.
:-)

Holy shit to this is pathetic.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:23 PM 01-28-2021
Why is everybody so damn scared of Denver?

Their defense is decent but not what it was. Their college scouting is not good, their coaching is downright terrible.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:25 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Their defense is decent but not what it was. Their college scouting is not good, their coaching is downright terrible.
The Broncos with Watson aren't going to match Kansas City.

But what AFC teams can we comfortably say, other than us, are clearly better than Denver with Watson?
[Reply]
wazu 01:26 PM 01-28-2021

Relax, he's probably just going to the Patriots.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:28 PM 01-28-2021

But what AFC teams can we comfortably say, other than us, are clearly better than Denver with Watson?
It depends.

The Broncos won’t be the only team in the AFC to make moves.

Either way, that’s a team with a lot of needs, and potentially more depending on what happens with guys like Miller and Simmons. If they trade 3 high picks for Watson, they won’t be making many significant improvements elsewhere anytime soon.

The type of teams that make sense for Watson have more draft capital and/or are ready to win their division now with him.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:31 PM 01-28-2021

This.

No one should be afraid of Denver, even with Watson at QB. Their entire football organization is a mess, I mean, not quite Texans level clusterfuck, but not far behind . . . . . .
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:33 PM 01-28-2021

The Denver organization is horribly run and inept at several levels.

They're not better than the Texans were last year under BOB.
[Reply]
TEX 01:35 PM 01-28-2021

Exactly. They'll just fuck up a good situation. Watson KNOWS that and he won't go there. But if he did, BFD.
Now IF the "unthinkable" happened, and he ended up being traded to Baltimore for Lamar Jackson plus picks/ players - THEN be AFRAID. Because Watson in THAT offense could be lethal, because he can run as well as pass.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:36 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It depends.

The Broncos won’t be the only team in the AFC to make moves.

Either way, that’s a team with a lot of needs, and potentially more depending on what happens with guys like Miller and Simmons. If they trade 3 high picks for Watson, they won’t be making many significant improvements elsewhere anytime soon.

The type of teams that make sense for Watson have more draft capital and/or are ready to win their division now with him.
All great points.

But what does Denver have?

Good (not great) OL protection, great weapons outside, great weapons in the backfield, and assuming Von Miller doesn't end up in prison, two dynamic passrushing ends.

What exactly does this team with Watson need? Some more help in the back seven, but you don't need to flush that with premium picks if you're decent at your job.

If you gave me Denver's roster now with Deshaun Watson, they push the Bills for the 2 seed this past season. They may have actually won it outright.

We just sleep on how good that Denver roster is because their QB situation is hot garbage.
[Reply]
wazu 01:39 PM 01-28-2021
All great points.

But what does Denver have?

Good (not great) OL protection, great weapons outside, great weapons in the backfield, and assuming Von Miller doesn't end up in prison, two dynamic passrushing ends.

What exactly does this team with Watson need? Some more help in the back seven, but you don't need to flush that with premium picks if you're decent at your job.

If you gave me Denver's roster now with Deshaun Watson, they push the Bills for the 2 seed this past season. They may have actually won it outright.

We just sleep on how good that Denver roster is because their QB situation is hot garbage.
Would be a pretty neat trick to win second seed without winning your division.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:40 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Would be a pretty neat trick to win second seed without winning your division.
:-) Touche.

Edit: Let me just reiterate my point, though. Denver this year with Watson under center would have very possibly been the 2nd best team in the AFC.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 68
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Up