Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:29 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Here. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5bc4dbb8...015_132259.mp4

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk
That seems more like annoyance at the situation.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:30 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Don't really see any "arguing" there or even Reid being pissed off.
"Dejected" at best I'd say.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:30 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
Man, you've really got some strange, apologist - just weird shit going on I can't figure out. The F is your deal? Feels like we could pay Belicheck $20m/year to run the D and you'd still make some weird excuse comment.

Fire this fucking idiot and replace him with a ham sandwich. Results can't be worse, might be a little better. Figure it out long-term next year.
I want the defense to get better. That's my deal.

Firing Bob Sutton isn't going to do that, certainly not by itself.

You do realize that Mike Smith was just fired and replaced by a guy already on the staff, who in his only stint as an NFL DC finished DEAD LAST in total defense, right?

They replaced Mike Smith with someone who is arguably worse. Definitely not better. I'm not interested in token gestures, I'm interested in solutions.

While guys Reggie Ragland and Steven Nelson are still starting for this defense, no defensive coordinator is going to change things.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:31 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Because they needed someone to deflect criticism away from the head coach and GM.
Ah.. With CHunt that doesn't apply in KC.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:32 PM 10-15-2018
I want to defense to get better. That's my deal.

You do realize that Mike Smith was just fired and replaced by a guy already on the staff, who in his only stint as an NFL DC finished DEAD LAST in total defense, right?

They replaced Mike Smith with someone who is arguably worse. Definitely not better. I'm not interested in token gestures, I'm interested in solutions.

While guys Reggie Ragland and Steven Nelson are still starting for this defense, no defensive coordinator is going to change things.
Now is the time to clean house then. They can give all 3 a big GTFO for all i care, this is the very definition of a defensive dumpster fire.
[Reply]
rydogg58 12:32 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Don't really see any "arguing" there or even Reid being pissed off.
Ehh. You're right. Guess I need my eyes checked.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:33 PM 10-15-2018

You don't know that...
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:33 PM 10-15-2018
I'm all for cleaning house, coaches and players.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:34 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
You don't know that...
I've been watching football for 40 years. I've seen this scenario hundreds of times. Firing Sutton isn't going to magically make Terrance Smith into a good football player. Sorry.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 12:34 PM 10-15-2018
Which is why I say: fire Sutton, trade for a couple mid-level guys, AND start every young guy or player who hasn't already proven he sucks ass like Niemann over Ragland.

This isn't the only thread about D. We have other threads to bash the talent and I believe we almost universally do that. And there's threads about trades, too. This is the thread about firing Sutton, which is categorically the right move.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 12:35 PM 10-15-2018
I'm all for cleaning house, coaches and players.
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:36 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
Which is why I say: fire Sutton, trade for a couple mid-level guys, AND start every young guy or player who hasn't already proven he sucks ass like Niemann over Ragland.

This isn't the only thread about D. We have other threads to bash the talent and I believe we almost universally do that. And there's threads about trades, too. This is the thread about firing Sutton, which is categorically the right move.
This thread, when it was started, was about firing Sutton BEFORE any of those moves. It was about firing Sutton being the #1 priority.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:36 PM 10-15-2018
Yeah, why not give Niemann a chance?
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:40 PM 10-15-2018

I agree with almost all of this post but you and I both don't know if they will be better or not. They are by far the worst in the league so I don't think they could get much lower. Also maybe the temp DC would change up some of the scheme and play the younger guys who are more fast and athletic to make up for some of their mistakes.

If they continue to be last in the league and lose another playoff game because of the D then Sutton needs to go.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:43 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I agree with almost all of this post but you and I both don't know if they will be better or not. They are by far the worst in the league so I don't think they could get much lower. Also maybe the temp DC would change up some of the scheme and play the younger guys who are more fast and athletic to make up for some of their mistakes.
I think it's naive to think a position coach would change the scheme considering they were hired to run THIS scheme. It's a lot of wishful thinking, IMO.

Sutton needs to be fired right now, if only to give everybody some hope. But it's a long ways from fixing things. The whole defensive side of the ball needs gutted.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 298
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149199 > Last »
Up