Page 92 of 298
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:01 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This was Sutton's worst performance to date. Up to this point I've defended a lot of what he's done, but last night's effort gave me no grounds to do so.

The Chiefs have as much defensive talent on the field as the Patriots do but the Patriots were able to get to Mahomes a lot more often and it was only Mahomes' ability to work outside the pocket that saved him.

Granted, the 'exotic' blitzes they used on Mahomes wouldn't work on Brady because he's unlikely to get tricked by most of those disguises. And blitzing Brady is generally a bad idea given his ability to diagnose and hit the hot.

But we were completely vanilla yesterday with no wrinkles that even made Brady think twice. I won't blame Sutton for the ILB's refusal to do some fairly basic run-fit stuff, but he's absolutely responsible for the plain coverage looks that gave Brady very easy reads. Especially when we know how badly Brady wanted to work over the middle and we still did very little to address it.

Last night was an unacceptable effort from Sutton and I can't think of anything else to call it. I don't think that has been his norm thus far this season, but he got pretty badly de-pantsed by Belichick.

We weren't gonna hold NE to 17, but 31 was within reason and we got nothing approaching that.
It's time, after this season, to clean house on the defensive side of the ball and move to the 4-3.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:01 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This was Sutton's worst performance to date. Up to this point I've defended a lot of what he's done, but last night's effort gave me no grounds to do so.

The Chiefs have as much defensive talent on the field as the Patriots do but the Patriots were able to get to Mahomes a lot more often and it was only Mahomes' ability to work outside the pocket that saved him.

Granted, the 'exotic' blitzes they used on Mahomes wouldn't work on Brady because he's unlikely to get tricked by most of those disguises. And blitzing Brady is generally a bad idea given his ability to diagnose and hit the hot.

But we were completely vanilla yesterday with no wrinkles that even made Brady think twice. I won't blame Sutton for the ILB's refusal to do some fairly basic run-fit stuff, but he's absolutely responsible for the plain coverage looks that gave Brady very easy reads. Especially when we know how badly Brady wanted to work over the middle and we still did very little to address it.

Last night was an unacceptable effort from Sutton and I can't think of anything else to call it. I don't think that has been his norm thus far this season, but he got pretty badly de-pantsed by Belichick.

We weren't gonna hold NE to 17, but 31 was within reason and we got nothing approaching that.
Yea there is zero excuse for giving up 36 points (the other 7 were a gimme after the INT) and not forcing a punt.

Said it before the gem we just need a couple more stops than NE and instead it went the other way.
[Reply]
mcaj22 10:02 AM 10-15-2018
I cant believe old Muttons used 6 guys to cover three guys hahahahahaha. That leaves 5 guys to account for 8. That is gross.
[Reply]
Chiefs Moon 10:04 AM 10-15-2018
Hitchens and Ragland have gotten progressively worse under Sutton.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:05 AM 10-15-2018
How freaking terrible has Hitchens been? For the amount of money that they are paying him, he's been awful. The middle of our defense is so flippin soft and they get pushed around like no ones business. Its absolutely pathetic.

They need to do something about the defense. Ragland and Hitchens both are amazing at finding blockers... ffs.

Also, Bob Sutton should've left after last season but Andy loves Bob so of course he wasn't fired.

Also, for what they are missing due to injuries... goddammit I'm tired of watching a piss poor defense.

Hello, 2003 it's great to see you aggain.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:33 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea there is zero excuse for giving up 36 points (the other 7 were a gimme after the INT) and not forcing a punt.

Said it before the gem we just need a couple more stops than NE and instead it went the other way.
I went into that game thinking we needed 3 stops to win. That's it - 3.

We got one in the first damn drive.

I just don't know how the hell you can run a 3-4 when you have two interior linebackers that are that slow to diagnose and attack the gaps. And it makes them a liability both ways because that 'slow to diagnose' means they aren't going forward OR backwards until it's too late.

They can't run a 3-4 with these two guys in the middle. It can't work. And when people say 'oh, the 3-4/4-3 distinction doesn't matter anymore' they need to realize that Ragland was in on 60 odd percent of our plays yesterday; 49 total, IIRC. That's 49 plays in our base defense. Those 49 should've been with a 4-man front, Speaks with his hand on the ground and Ragland nowhere near the field of play.

This is not 3-4 personnel.
[Reply]
O.city 10:38 AM 10-15-2018
I mean, how exotic can you get when you're playing 3 players you just signed that week in the secondary?

Like, Josh Shaw has been in KC for 3 days.

Next time people yell at me for saying the preseason and training camp are important, well.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:41 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I mean, how exotic can you get when you're playing 3 players you just signed that week in the secondary?

Like, Josh Shaw has been in KC for 3 days.

Next time people yell at me for saying the preseason and training camp are important, well.

it shouldn't be to hard to make sure Shaw isn't defending Gronk on his own at the end of the game.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:42 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
it shouldn't be to hard to make sure Shaw isn't defending Gronk on his own at the end of the game.
That was inexcusable.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:43 AM 10-15-2018
If Hitchens and Ragland simply make routine plays half the time, the defense looks significantly better.

The Patriots literally went after Hitchens in the passing game by swinging White out in the flat.

Sutton adjusted and put Terrance Smith in to cover the RB. Guess what happened when we did that?

Brady audibled to a run and gashed us.
[Reply]
O.city 10:44 AM 10-15-2018
You guys wanna blitz and try and get pressure. That's whats gonna happen.

Who would you prefer to put out there? A corner? Ok, then you're putting a safety on Edelman.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:46 AM 10-15-2018

Who would you prefer to put out there? A corner? Ok, then you're putting a safety on Edelman.
Exactly.

Pick your poison and drink it. You're still gonna die.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:47 AM 10-15-2018

They didn't blitz they rushed 3 which makes him being alone on Gronk worse
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:48 AM 10-15-2018
Gronk had 1 catch for 11 yards going into the last few minutes. The defense gave up back to back big plays to freaking Hogan because they were focused on Edelman.

You can't double cover everybody.
[Reply]
O.city 10:49 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.

Pick your poison and drink it. You're still gonna die.
I mean, you're playing Brady and Bill in NE. You're starting about 3 defenders that have been here a week, you're 2nd and 3rd best passrushers aren't playing and you're on safety number 5 and 6.

You can't hide everyone.

DJ had it right last night. Obviously the D needs to be better, but the offense just can't leave points on the field like that.
[Reply]
Page 92 of 298
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192 > Last »
Up