ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 100 of 298
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:43 PM 10-15-2018
Sometimes players just need a chance, like Tremon Smith. He almost took 2 kickoffs back for TD's whose to say he wouldn't be better than Nelson?

When Watts got a chance we saw that he was a ton better than Murray. They need to play these young guys and sit Ragland and others.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:45 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I've been watching football for 40 years. I've seen this scenario hundreds of times. Firing Sutton isn't going to magically make Terrance Smith into a good football player. Sorry.
Many of us have been watching longer, and we've also seen cases where a new coach breaths new life into the players.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:45 PM 10-15-2018
He's not getting fired with both Berry and Houston currently on the shelf. Is what it is.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:45 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Sometimes players just need a chance, like Tremon Smith. He almost took 2 kickoffs back for TD's whose to say he wouldn't be better than Nelson?
He got torched in preseason.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:47 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Many of us have been watching longer, and we've also seen cases where a new coach breaths new life into the players.
Not with personnel this bad. I challenge you to find one example.

There are numerous examples of the Chiefs improving by changing coordinators but none of those guys were working with this bad of a unit.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:47 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He's not getting fired with both Berry and Houston currently on the shelf. Is what it is.
I agree, but it's very sad at the same time.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:48 PM 10-15-2018
I think it's naive to think a position coach would change the scheme considering they were hired to run THIS scheme. It's a lot of wishful thinking, IMO.

Sutton needs to be fired right now, if only to give everybody some hope. But it's a long ways from fixing things. The whole defensive side of the ball needs gutted.

I agree it is long ways from fixing things and I know it is not going to happen because our stars are injured and Reid is loyal to a fault and loves Bob.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:48 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I agree, but it's very sad at the same time.
Sad all the way around. I still just can't believe Berry didn't play last night.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:48 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He got torched in preseason.
so did the rest of the defense.

I said this at the time when the Bear's second team was destroying our starters, but it was a sign of things to come.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:50 PM 10-15-2018
Not with personnel this bad. I challenge you to find one example.

There are numerous examples of the Chiefs improving by changing coordinators but none of those guys were working with this bad of a unit.
Never mind dude, if you don't think anybody could get more out of this bag of shit, then it doesn't matter if we do change him.

How about this, do it to please the angry fans... Many of whom think the DC can scheme to the teams strength and weaknesses.

But alas, the fans don't matter.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:51 PM 10-15-2018
Sad all the way around. I still just can't believe Berry didn't play last night.

why couldn't you believe it? He hasn't practiced in over 2 months I will be shocked if he plays this year honestly.
[Reply]
O.city 12:52 PM 10-15-2018
What sucks is that they just DID gut the D. THeres what, like 7 or 8 new starters on that side of the ball this year?

Sadly, I don't think this front office knows how to build a defense.

Veach can get blamed, but we all know Andy is pulling the strings.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:54 PM 10-15-2018
I can... We'll see if he plays this week. I have my doubts.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:55 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
What sucks is that they just DID gut the D. THeres what, like 7 or 8 new starters on that side of the ball this year?

Sadly, I don't think this front office knows how to build a defense.

Veach can get blamed, but we all know Andy is pulling the strings.
So where do we go from here? Should we just stop caring about the defense and load the offense? Should we just trade for starters since they can't draft defensive starters on their own? Gut the entire fucking thing?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:55 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
why couldn't you believe it? He hasn't practiced in over 2 months I will be shocked if he plays this year honestly.
Good point about not even practicing.
[Reply]
Page 100 of 298
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200 > Last »
Up